Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad 18:43 - Jun 25 with 8026 viewsitfcjoe

Something like this currently

GK
Bialkowski
Holy
Looks fine, but still more than likely it will be Bart out and one in

RB
Donacien
Emmanuel
Guess we'll go with this, nothing heard on Dylan Crowe

LB
Kenlock
I'd be looking for a starter to truly compete with MK, potentially Pat Webber as a back up but he doesn't seem to have reported back with the 1st team

CB
Chambers
Nsiala
Woolfenden
Ndaba
Think we could do with one more senior in there of some description

CM
Skuse
Nolan
Bishop
Nydam
Downes
Dozzell
Judge
El Mizouni
Very young, but with hopefully Huws there look relatively well set, may need a back up for Skuse to phase him out as Downes seen as box to box
W
Edwards
Rowe
Roberts
Lankester
Not sure Roberts up to it and nothing in reserve so may need one more

ST
Jackson
Norwood
Desperately need at least one more, will Drinan be given any opportunity - I'd doubt it

Long term injured
Sears
Folami
Morris
Huws
Big shame that the 3 strikers are on this list as could get us out of a hole

Bit of a worry as will be a real drop off to the U23s and squad really small - it's really relying on people stepping up but reality is there are 5 or 6 in 1st team squad who did last year so expecting the same a huge ask

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Squad on 09:40 - Jun 26 with 2738 viewsMaySixth

Great post.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Squad on 10:01 - Jun 26 with 2704 viewsParsley

Versatility could be key. If we could sign a player who can play left back and cover centre back and another who can play as a wide or central forward that could fill the main holes in the squad. Forward player could be a loanee as this is a position where we need a bit of quality.
Squad on 10:14 - Jun 26 with 2682 viewstractorboy1978

We look to me a couple of injuries away from almost disaster. Other than in midfield we have no depth at all and we could well play 55-60 odd games next season.

If Norwood gets crocked for any period of time who are we playing up top? Jackson? He looked awful as a lone front man last year.

We have no cover at LB other than kids with no first team experience (and Webber struggled for a kick in a loan to the Conference). At centre half, Ndaba hasn't kicked a first team ball (and still has the odd stinker for the u23s by all accounts). Donacien being mooted as cover at centre half - the only time I've seen him there was early on under Hurst and he was really poor.
Squad on 12:28 - Jun 26 with 2619 viewsbontcho

Squad on 18:59 - Jun 25 by Kieran_Knows

Think we need a minimum of 5 personally, but doesn’t sound like that will happen.

Keeper (should Bart leave)
Full back option
Centre back
Winger
Striker

Still think there be 2/3 other departures as well, Roberts probably, maybe 1 of Edwards and Rowe as well.

Unless we sell someone substantial I think the only way we'd do this is by signing a Mark Venus type who can play CB and LB and the same with LW and CF. I reckon the latter would be a loan to cover Sears until January.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Squad on 12:31 - Jun 26 with 2612 viewsKieran_Knows

Squad on 19:18 - Jun 25 by Garv

I'd be severely peed off if we sold Edwards.

I'd certainly like Edwards to stick around, but he's just another one which we'd probably fetch a few quid for.

I'd say Rowe and Roberts are more likely (along with Bart).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Squad on 13:23 - Jun 26 with 2576 viewstextbackup

Squad on 12:28 - Jun 26 by bontcho

Unless we sell someone substantial I think the only way we'd do this is by signing a Mark Venus type who can play CB and LB and the same with LW and CF. I reckon the latter would be a loan to cover Sears until January.

I highly doubt we will ever sign a player that is even fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as mark venus

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Squad on 13:27 - Jun 26 with 2569 viewstextbackup

weirdly I have this feeling that Roberts is going to be a big player for us next season. I have absolutely nothing to base this on I might add, just a feeling.

I also had the same feeling about grant ward last season.....

Squad on 14:23 - Jun 26 with 2544 viewsrickw

Squad on 09:29 - Jun 26 by Keaneish

Height is an issue throughout our squad. We have 2 6 footers in the likely starting 11 of outfield players. Mick would do his nut with that!

Agree with this completely.
With L1 being more direct that the Championship we can play all the possession football we like but if we're susceptible to every long ball and corner/free kick we'll be up against it.

I think everyone agree's we need a targetman and 1 more versatile defender, I'd also like a big physical tough tackling midfielder, but I can only see that happening if someone comes in for Skuse....

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Login to get fewer ads

Squad on 16:09 - Jun 26 with 2503 viewstractorboy1978

Squad on 13:27 - Jun 26 by textbackup

weirdly I have this feeling that Roberts is going to be a big player for us next season. I have absolutely nothing to base this on I might add, just a feeling.

I also had the same feeling about grant ward last season.....

Roberts couldn't get a game for Lincoln in L2 last year.
Squad on 16:16 - Jun 26 with 2491 viewsHerbivore

Squad on 19:31 - Jun 25 by textbackup

We'll end up having a dodgy start, we'll hear "window isn't closed yet"

Plod along until xmas "lets see who we bring in in Jan"

Both times adding zero quality

And repeat the ME way

You've gone full negative mode early this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Squad on 16:48 - Jun 26 with 2461 viewstextbackup

Squad on 16:16 - Jun 26 by Herbivore

You've gone full negative mode early this season.

seen it happen for 7/8 seasons, so not sure why anyone holds any hope of it being different

Squad on 16:51 - Jun 26 with 2449 viewsHerbivore

Squad on 16:48 - Jun 26 by textbackup

seen it happen for 7/8 seasons, so not sure why anyone holds any hope of it being different

It's still June, nobody has their squad for next season in place already.

Squad on 17:02 - Jun 26 with 2436 viewstextbackup

Squad on 16:51 - Jun 26 by Herbivore

It's still June, nobody has their squad for next season in place already.

honestly it doesn't matter, come august 3rd we'll not look much different, may have a body or two in, but no real quality.
but hey, if im wrong then happy days, if your wrong then we're both gonna be slightly annoyed

Squad on 17:04 - Jun 26 with 2433 viewsHerbivore

Squad on 17:02 - Jun 26 by textbackup

honestly it doesn't matter, come august 3rd we'll not look much different, may have a body or two in, but no real quality.
but hey, if im wrong then happy days, if your wrong then we're both gonna be slightly annoyed

We'll see. We've already got Norwood and Holy in early.

Squad on 17:14 - Jun 26 with 2423 viewstextbackup

Squad on 17:04 - Jun 26 by Herbivore

We'll see. We've already got Norwood and Holy in early.

yep agree. and I must say I was thinking the other day if we were in the championship and we'd already signed judge norwood and holy that i'd have been pretty happy, so not sure why i'm fussed being a league below.....

however I just wish that ME wouldn't hold back, im not after £1m signings, just a couple of £300-500k fullbacks. because we are in need of new voices in that defnce

Squad on 17:40 - Jun 26 with 2404 viewsHerbivore

Squad on 17:14 - Jun 26 by textbackup

yep agree. and I must say I was thinking the other day if we were in the championship and we'd already signed judge norwood and holy that i'd have been pretty happy, so not sure why i'm fussed being a league below.....

however I just wish that ME wouldn't hold back, im not after £1m signings, just a couple of £300-500k fullbacks. because we are in need of new voices in that defnce

With a £9m drop in income I'd be surprised if we spend on fees this summer. I agree we need to strengthen the full back area though.

Squad on 07:15 - Jun 27 with 2324 viewsitfcjoe

Squad on 17:40 - Jun 26 by Herbivore

With a £9m drop in income I'd be surprised if we spend on fees this summer. I agree we need to strengthen the full back area though.

By far our biggest expenditure is wages and that has been slashed with the built in wage cuts and a much smaller squad so shouldn’t be too bad.

Seems silly we chucked a couple of million at January signings to still finish bottom by miles - I wonder if that has given ME pause for thought on Lamberts judgement

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Squad on 07:28 - Jun 27 with 2312 viewsipswichtillidie

Squad on 07:15 - Jun 27 by itfcjoe

By far our biggest expenditure is wages and that has been slashed with the built in wage cuts and a much smaller squad so shouldn’t be too bad.

Seems silly we chucked a couple of million at January signings to still finish bottom by miles - I wonder if that has given ME pause for thought on Lamberts judgement

The ship was already sunk, I doubt very much after one window ME would not be backing Lambert. The simple facts are merely we have very little if any money to spend with the shortfall due to increase. I do hope Lambert is backed in the market he has to work in because we’ve seen the wrong managers backed before and the right ones not so much.

Gav

Squad on 07:58 - Jun 27 with 2276 viewsHerbivore

Squad on 07:15 - Jun 27 by itfcjoe

Yeah, I do think the natural drop in wages will take care of a big chunk of the loss. Revenue from sell on fees and any sales should also cover the rest. We were running at a £6m loss anyway though which is why I'd be pretty surprised to see us spend on fees. I do hope ME will allow some additions on frees and loans though as we look light in some areas still.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024