Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some quite troubling attitudes being shown.... 11:47 - Jun 22 with 3443 viewsHerbivore

.....on here and on social media on the subject of violence towards women over the last couple of days. It seems there's a worryingly large and vocal minority that seek to minimise or excuse it. We're going backwards as a society.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some quite troubling attitudes being shown.... on 17:10 - Jun 22 with 626 viewsHerbivore

Some quite troubling attitudes being shown.... on 17:09 - Jun 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Caring is good, I care.

You just worry too much.

Chill out bro.

If you really cared you'd be worried.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some quite troubling attitudes being shown.... on 17:29 - Jun 22 with 618 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some quite troubling attitudes being shown.... on 17:10 - Jun 22 by Herbivore

If you really cared you'd be worried.

Nah, worrying doesn't help anyone, often makes things worse.

Caring is much better.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Some quite troubling attitudes being shown.... on 22:45 - Jun 22 with 553 viewsEwan_Oozami

Some quite troubling attitudes being shown.... on 14:42 - Jun 22 by StokieBlue

Whilst I do agree that with the majority of this I don't think this part is applicable:

" The common sense middle ground being swallowed up by lunatics on both ends of the spectrum"

That would mean that people who occupied that middle ground are moving to more extreme positions and I am not sure that is the case. They are just less vocal on such platforms - posting sensible and reasoned opinions doesn't usually attract many hits.

I think the people are still there (at least I hope they are) - they just need a political voice to get behind and hopefully drown out the nonsense from both extremes of the spectrum.

There is also the fact that a lot of people who would likely be in this group just don't feel the need to yell their position on social media platforms. Often they have better things to do.

SB

I'll yell my position on a social media platform, "I'M A CENTRIST DAD AND PROUD OF IT!"

(Although one of my friends who's closer to one end of the political spectrum - I won't say which end - said to me once, obviously they'd learnt it from somewhere, "If you come to a fork in the road, you have to go either left or right, you can't go down the middle," and I replied, "You can if you've got a mountain bike")

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Some quite troubling attitudes being shown.... on 08:31 - Jun 23 with 494 viewsDubtractor

Some quite troubling attitudes being shown.... on 17:10 - Jun 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't, and neither should you.

You'll give yourself a heart attack.

Chill out bro.

For someone who doesn't care about social media you do talk about it an awful lot, and I can only assume you must look at it a fair bit to be so conclusive about how bad it is?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024