Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some interesting developments regarding AJ 10:42 - Jun 4 with 3318 viewsMrTown

Seems to be developing that AJ was knocked out twice in sparring leading up to the Ruiz fight. Wanted to pull out of the fight but Eddie Hearn convinced him otherwise. Apparently this is why AJ’s dad was livid with Eddie Hearn after the fight.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:51 - Jun 4 with 612 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:42 - Jun 4 by maccyd9

The same Whyte that AJ beat and was down on the cards going in to the 11th against Chisora in his last fight?

AJ hasn't been poor in his last few fights at all either.

Can't quite grasp why anyone would want a good British role model to lose a fight.

To be fair, DU didnt say he wanted AJ to lose.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 12:52]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:53 - Jun 4 with 608 viewsHerbivore

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:47 - Jun 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Lets agree to differ.

I've raised doubts about AJ on this forum before and was shot down in flames by people who claim to know boxing.

...it appears that my judgement on boxing is preeeeeetty goooood. ;-)

Does it? Only if you ignore all of his other fights to date. Plus your main criticism of AJ was you saying he's dodging big fights, and that has been shown up as inaccurate many times over. Saturday hasn't changed that one bit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:55 - Jun 4 with 602 viewsBiGDonnie

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:29 - Jun 4 by Herbivore

AJ has already fought him and offered him a rematch earlier this year? Agree that Wilder and Fury don't want any part of him though.

He was seconds away from ko'ing AJ, I think if he got into that position now he'd finish the job.

I hope to see AJ bounce back, but a part of me doesn't like the way he and Hearn have fleeced fans for years with mediocre fights. Truth is, he's been bang average since the Parker fight.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 13:02]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:56 - Jun 4 with 603 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:53 - Jun 4 by Herbivore

Does it? Only if you ignore all of his other fights to date. Plus your main criticism of AJ was you saying he's dodging big fights, and that has been shown up as inaccurate many times over. Saturday hasn't changed that one bit.

Lets agree to differ.

AJ... by Marshalls_Mullet 14 Feb 2019 9:46
I think Fury will have the edge on AJ mentally.

Also think AJ is all physique and lacks technique.

...the last sentence, play out to the word on Saturday.

Downvoted by someone, didnt check who.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 13:00 - Jun 4 with 591 viewsHerbivore

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:56 - Jun 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Lets agree to differ.

AJ... by Marshalls_Mullet 14 Feb 2019 9:46
I think Fury will have the edge on AJ mentally.

Also think AJ is all physique and lacks technique.

...the last sentence, play out to the word on Saturday.

Downvoted by someone, didnt check who.

So only Saturday's fight counts as evidence then? On that basis Town should be aiming for top 6 in the Championship after hearing Leeds in our last game.

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 13:00 - Jun 4 with 591 viewsmaccyd9

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:51 - Jun 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Want him to lose/glad he lost are not a million miles apart. But point taken.
Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 13:00 - Jun 4 with 588 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:55 - Jun 4 by BiGDonnie

He was seconds away from ko'ing AJ, I think if he got into that position now he'd finish the job.

I hope to see AJ bounce back, but a part of me doesn't like the way he and Hearn have fleeced fans for years with mediocre fights. Truth is, he's been bang average since the Parker fight.

This.

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 13:01 - Jun 4 with 586 viewsBiGDonnie

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:42 - Jun 4 by maccyd9

The same Whyte that AJ beat and was down on the cards going in to the 11th against Chisora in his last fight?

AJ hasn't been poor in his last few fights at all either.

Can't quite grasp why anyone would want a good British role model to lose a fight.

Mate. Chisora's a slogger that has always caused trouble for fighters. He got the win.

I honestly think he'd beat AJ now. AJ has looked poor, against top fighters he looks bang average.

COYBs

Login to get fewer ads

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 13:02 - Jun 4 with 584 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 13:00 - Jun 4 by Herbivore

So only Saturday's fight counts as evidence then? On that basis Town should be aiming for top 6 in the Championship after hearing Leeds in our last game.

Saturday was a wake up (ironic?) call and was stark evidence of what I suggested.

A lot of pundits have suggested similar.

Lets agree to differ.

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 13:03 - Jun 4 with 582 viewsBiGDonnie

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:51 - Jun 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'd want him to lose against DW...

COYBs

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 13:05 - Jun 4 with 577 viewsHerbivore

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:55 - Jun 4 by BiGDonnie

He's only had two fights since Parker, one of them he stopped the dangerous and highly rated Povetkin and the other one was Saturday where yes, he looked mediocre (at best).

Which mediocre fights have the public been fleeced over? Takam wasn't great but he was a replacement. Otherwise he's been fighting top 10 guys and/or mandatories consistently.

Your description of the first Whyte fight is a bit of a stretch. AJ was buzzed by a left hook but was not seconds away from being stopped. He was back throwing punches pretty quickly. He dominated the rest of the fight.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 13:07]

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 13:06 - Jun 4 with 572 viewsBiGDonnie

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 13:00 - Jun 4 by maccyd9

Want him to lose/glad he lost are not a million miles apart. But point taken.

Don't get me wrong, I was gutted he lost on Saturday, but it does make you think about his recent activity. He's made a hell of a lot and hasn't particularly done much, especially when you compare to others have done in the past.

Still he's only 29 and there's still a very good chance he will get the belts back along with a crack at Wilder/Fury, which I want. However, I wouldn't fancy his chances against either though, not unless he had a serious change in style. Wilder gets him early doors and Fury dances around him for 12.

COYBs

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 13:12 - Jun 4 with 561 viewsBiGDonnie

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 13:05 - Jun 4 by Herbivore

He's only had two fights since Parker, one of them he stopped the dangerous and highly rated Povetkin and the other one was Saturday where yes, he looked mediocre (at best).

Which mediocre fights have the public been fleeced over? Takam wasn't great but he was a replacement. Otherwise he's been fighting top 10 guys and/or mandatories consistently.

Your description of the first Whyte fight is a bit of a stretch. AJ was buzzed by a left hook but was not seconds away from being stopped. He was back throwing punches pretty quickly. He dominated the rest of the fight.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 13:07]

I meant DW could and probably should have finished the fight himself, AJ was rocked and DW let him get away with it / AJ recovered quick enough to deal with it.

I'd say we were fleeced over most of his fights barring Klit, DW, Povetkin and obviously Ruiz.

COYBs

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 13:59 - Jun 4 with 529 viewsHerbivore

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 13:12 - Jun 4 by BiGDonnie

I meant DW could and probably should have finished the fight himself, AJ was rocked and DW let him get away with it / AJ recovered quick enough to deal with it.

I'd say we were fleeced over most of his fights barring Klit, DW, Povetkin and obviously Ruiz.

So you felt the fans were fleeced in two of his world title fights? Should he not have won those world titles then? Parker especially was undefeated, top 5 in the division and had held a belt for a good few fights. I don't see how you can claim that fight is fleecing the fans. And Martin was an opportunity to win a world title against a fighter who had won the belt fair and square even if he ultimately wasn't all that good. I think AJ gets held to a ridiculously high standard when it comes to match making. Aside from Wilder and Fury fights not happening he's not done much wrong, and he's not the only party involved in those fights not happening.

Disagree about Whyte letting him off, he went after him but AJ showed good survival instincts and was soon okay again. He wasn't seconds from being stopped in any meaningful sense.

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 14:03 - Jun 4 with 527 viewsunbelievablue

Ruiz seems like a genuinely top bloke and I'm happy for him. He just went for it and was rewarded - his hands were lightning.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 14:09 - Jun 4 with 519 viewsLuk38644

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 12:27 - Jun 4 by BiGDonnie

I'm kinda glad he lost. He's been poor last few fights. He'll either come back stronger and dominate again, or, get ko'd by Ruiz in a rematch.

Either way, It's all about Dillian Whyte, he's our next champion IMO, trouble is, Fury, Wilder and AJ are all scared to fight him.

Wilder can't dodge him forever, Whyte is soon to be the WBO mandatory.
Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 14:10 - Jun 4 with 516 viewsunbelievablue

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 14:09 - Jun 4 by Luk38644

What do you think of Wilder as a fighter?

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 14:10 - Jun 4 with 516 viewsLuk38644

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 11:02 - Jun 4 by SitfcB

Apparently, it was big John Fury, Tyson's dad, that tweeted this info, not Peter.
Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 14:22 - Jun 4 with 504 viewsHerbivore

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 14:03 - Jun 4 by unbelievablue

Ruiz seems like a genuinely top bloke and I'm happy for him. He just went for it and was rewarded - his hands were lightning.

Yeah, he deserves a lot of credit. Took the fight at short notice where others shied away. He was hurt by the knockdown as well and showed heart to bite down on his gumshield and throw back and it paid off for him. AJ was massively careless in that third round but Ruiz was able to exploit that in a way that not many fighters would be able to.

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 14:23 - Jun 4 with 499 viewsHerbivore

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 14:09 - Jun 4 by Luk38644

WBC. Wilder may well lose before the WBC enforce Whyte as his mandatory. Whyte's next fight could be tough too.

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 14:30 - Jun 4 with 492 viewsLuk38644

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 14:10 - Jun 4 by unbelievablue

What do you think of Wilder as a fighter?

Incredibly powerful and exciting, but just like with AJ, can he take a punch? Ortiz rocked him in their first fight and everyone else he's fought haven't exactly been knockout artists. Fury showed that with technical ability and a strong chin, Wilder can be beaten IF they can withstand the power.

Whyte/Wilder is a proper heavyweight clash though, both have power and as with most heavyweights, one punch can change the whole division.
Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 14:33 - Jun 4 with 485 viewsLuk38644

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 14:23 - Jun 4 by Herbivore

WBC. Wilder may well lose before the WBC enforce Whyte as his mandatory. Whyte's next fight could be tough too.

Apologies, you are correct.

Of course, any heavyweight clash is high risk due to the power of every fighter, but I would like Wilder to hold the WBC belt, Whyte made mandatory because that's then a huge fight!

I just wish these top heavyweights would get it on! Any of the fights between that 4 mentioned are absolutely massive!
Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 15:23 - Jun 4 with 469 viewschristiand

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 14:30 - Jun 4 by Luk38644

Incredibly powerful and exciting, but just like with AJ, can he take a punch? Ortiz rocked him in their first fight and everyone else he's fought haven't exactly been knockout artists. Fury showed that with technical ability and a strong chin, Wilder can be beaten IF they can withstand the power.

Whyte/Wilder is a proper heavyweight clash though, both have power and as with most heavyweights, one punch can change the whole division.

I'd question Fury's chin, he gets put on the canvas reasonably often the difference is he's got this enormous heart that gets him back on his feet each time. Wilder can punch, but as Fury showed if he comes against a decent boxer, he's in trouble. Wilder's style is so amateurish, his time will come when his technique gets severely exposed and that big right hand won't be able to get him out of trouble.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 15:24 - Jun 4 with 467 viewsunbelievablue

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 15:23 - Jun 4 by christiand

I'd question Fury's chin, he gets put on the canvas reasonably often the difference is he's got this enormous heart that gets him back on his feet each time. Wilder can punch, but as Fury showed if he comes against a decent boxer, he's in trouble. Wilder's style is so amateurish, his time will come when his technique gets severely exposed and that big right hand won't be able to get him out of trouble.

Agree, especially with the last sentence. It's a damning indictment of the heavyweight division that it hasn't happened multiple times already. Boxing isn't what it was.

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 15:31 - Jun 4 with 461 viewsLuk38644

Some interesting developments regarding AJ on 15:24 - Jun 4 by unbelievablue

Agree, especially with the last sentence. It's a damning indictment of the heavyweight division that it hasn't happened multiple times already. Boxing isn't what it was.

Wilder has never faced anyone that can threaten him apart from Ortiz, and Ortiz had him wobbling but he wasn't fit enough to finish Wilder off.

I see alot less flaws in Fury than the rest tbh, but I do just wish they'd fight each other and resolve who is #1, there is also ALOT of money to be made in the process!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024