Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Marriot 16:39 - May 27 with 5174 viewsAYACCA

fck sake McCarthy
Jack Marriot on 09:03 - May 28 with 296 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Jack Marriot on 09:01 - May 28 by No9

Couple that with a heavy injury workload for the physio's suggests a 'management' issue in the camp

Do you not understand what ‘came back’ means?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Jack Marriot on 09:04 - May 28 with 293 viewsNo9

Jack Marriot on 09:03 - May 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Do you not understand what ‘came back’ means?

Yes, which is why I posted what I did
Jack Marriot on 09:06 - May 28 with 283 viewsPJH

Jack Marriot on 08:56 - May 28 by No9

Would you include Jimmy Greaves in that?

I would not include many players from that era as working hard in as much as tracking back and tackling back which is the modern game.I don't expect Ray Crawford spent many minutes in his own half of the field during his career.
Jimmy Greaves was the greatest natural goalscorer that I have ever seen but probably not too good at tackling.

The modern player is expected to work hard and if a player comes back for pre season training well over weight and with a bad attitude as it is suggested was Marriott's case then he is not much use to any manager in modern times, especially if he is not a first team player. On that basis no manager should release any player just in case one day their attitude changes, they lose weight and eventually become quite a good player.
Jack Marriot on 10:18 - May 28 with 225 viewsAYACCA

Jack Marriot on 09:06 - May 28 by PJH

I would not include many players from that era as working hard in as much as tracking back and tackling back which is the modern game.I don't expect Ray Crawford spent many minutes in his own half of the field during his career.
Jimmy Greaves was the greatest natural goalscorer that I have ever seen but probably not too good at tackling.

The modern player is expected to work hard and if a player comes back for pre season training well over weight and with a bad attitude as it is suggested was Marriott's case then he is not much use to any manager in modern times, especially if he is not a first team player. On that basis no manager should release any player just in case one day their attitude changes, they lose weight and eventually become quite a good player.

Lovin it - a flippant comment has unleashed a beast of a debate!

In all seriousness i thought McCarthy was a great manager for us and unearthed some Gems, just felt stubbornness may hay cost us a few other gems.... it certainly cost him a lot of our fanbase but we live in the social media age - hate and anger spreads fast. it also leads to the darkside.

RIP Anankin
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024