Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benters 19:33 - May 23 with 4826 viewsLeoMuff

I note a lack of posting from our friend in Essex, did I miss something ? Honourable retirement or one rabid post too many ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Benters on 04:57 - May 24 with 1411 viewsRyorry

Benters on 00:22 - May 24 by Coastalblue

I ought to say here in the spirit of balance, and I'm not doubting or questioning what you say in fact I think I remember some of it, but the only personal interation I've had with him directly was a few years ago after I suffered a cardiac arrest and was on life support for a few days.

When I came back here he sent me a few PM's which were very positive and thoughtful, so it is there, possible he harbours a grudge perhaps with people?

Anyway, take as you find, and aside from some questionable general stuff I've always found him a good guy on a one on one basis, even if his views can sometimes be iffy on other matters.

"possible he harbours a grudge perhaps with people?"

Yes, he certainly harboured a grudge against me - because my asthma & allergies to some chemicals when inhaled meant I could never agree with him that letting off smoke bombs etc inside grounds was "fun" and a good idea ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Benters on 07:19 - May 24 with 1333 viewsBlueBadger

Benters on 20:26 - May 23 by BrixtonBlue

I used to stick up for him. Sadly he has a nasty streak.

When my chips were down a couple of years ago, some that I've 'had words with' rallied round. Not benters, he just took the piss more. And not in a fun jokey way.

If someone does something different to how he lives his life, it's just wrong. There's no middle ground. No accepting of other people's ways.

I just can't work out how his brain works to be honest. I'm sure the feeling's mutual.

For what it's worth, he came across as a bit daft but willing to listen when he first appeared on here and then seemed to get in with a bad set and changed from being a slightly slower Old Git to being an actual old git.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Benters on 07:53 - May 24 with 1301 viewschicoazul

Benters is a good poster and I hope he comes back. To be fair TWTD does die a small death in these barren weeks before pre-season starts with many people disappearing. It'll be time for my annual thread slagging of Wimbledon soon.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Benters on 11:04 - May 24 with 1228 viewsRyorry

Benters on 07:53 - May 24 by chicoazul

Benters is a good poster and I hope he comes back. To be fair TWTD does die a small death in these barren weeks before pre-season starts with many people disappearing. It'll be time for my annual thread slagging of Wimbledon soon.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Benters on 11:39 - May 24 with 1190 viewssolemio

Benters on 07:53 - May 24 by chicoazul

The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club has asked me to beg you not to.
Benters on 06:30 - May 26 with 1092 viewsBenters2

Benters on 19:42 - May 23 by Coastalblue

Hopefully fit and well, I don't agree with a lot of what he says but neither do I wish him any ill.

If you're reading Benters I hope you're OK.

Hello Sir.I am fine and dandy cheers.

I see the usual drips couldn’t wait to stick the boot in,one of those has more faces than Big Ben.

Sad really as I always got on well with them in pms.

Still thanks again and the others that have wished me well via pms.

Stay well people.
Benters on 06:33 - May 26 with 1086 viewsbrogansnose

Benters on 06:30 - May 26 by Benters2

I see the usual drips couldn’t wait to stick the boot in,one of those has more faces than Big Ben.

Stay well people.

Morning buh.
Benters on 06:33 - May 26 with 1081 viewsBenters2

Benters on 23:06 - May 23 by StochesStotasBlewe

I miss his water butt updates.

They were all full all 8 of them.

Now I only have 2 that are full and my emergency butts are kicking in.

Cheers.
Login to get fewer ads

Benters on 06:35 - May 26 with 1077 viewsBenters2

Benters on 06:33 - May 26 by brogansnose

Morning buh.

Benters on 14:45 - May 26 with 902 viewstrueblue1970

Benters on 06:30 - May 26 by Benters2

Stay well people.

Welcome back benters don’t let those that “shout” the loudest stop you posting
[Post edited 26 May 2019 14:51]
Benters on 06:41 - May 27 with 771 viewsBenters2

Benters on 14:45 - May 26 by trueblue1970

Welcome back benters don’t let those that “shout” the loudest stop you posting
[Post edited 26 May 2019 14:51]

Stupid fat fingers buh sorry about that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024