Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Further signings 11:40 - May 16 with 2824 viewsHerbivore

Moving away from politics, how many new signings do people think we need for next season? I'm going on the assumption that Norwood is signing, Bart or Gerks will be replaced, and the out of contract players are all leaving.

For me we would need another three signings still: another striker (a big lad perhaps) and two full backs. I feel like we're okay everywhere else if we retain the rest of the squad. We're perhaps lacking a bit out wide but I don't expect us to be lining up with wingers next season anyway so not too much of an issue for me.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Further signings on 14:34 - May 16 with 317 viewsJ2BLUE

Further signings on 14:22 - May 16 by Herbivore

Ndaba is also likely to be a back up CB for us in League 1. I'm less worried about CB than I am about the full backs.

I haven't been following his progress so no idea about him but i'd prefer another senior CB. Doesn't have to be a first team player, just an experienced back up.

Even Collins on PAYP or a player coach role would be enough.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Further signings on 14:36 - May 16 with 313 viewsSpruceMoose

Further signings on 14:34 - May 16 by J2BLUE

I haven't been following his progress so no idea about him but i'd prefer another senior CB. Doesn't have to be a first team player, just an experienced back up.

I really wish we had held onto Tommy Smith.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Further signings on 14:44 - May 16 with 305 viewsHerbivore

Further signings on 14:34 - May 16 by J2BLUE

I think the issue then starts to become that we want our youngsters to progress into the first team but we load the squad up with senior squad players who block their path. Ndaba has been on the bench several times, he'll need games at some point and as fourth choice CB he'll get some game time. As fifth choice that looks a lot less likely.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024