Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley anti football 16:01 - Apr 28 with 1766 viewsbritbiker

Watching Burnley v Man City and find it quite funny their fans are complaining about City time wasting after they were doing exactly the same when it was 0-0. And last week Burnley did nothing but time waste at Chelsea albeit it kept them in the division.

I get it that they are playing City so its all about defending, however they are boring to watch but I do envy the fact that they can defend in numbers which is something we are incapable of for some time now.
Burnley anti football on 16:03 - Apr 28 with 1744 viewsFtnfwest

Quite frankly they were embarrassing at Chelsea. It was up to Chelsea to break their defence down no argument with that park the bus tactic at all. It was the way every team member rotated in having cramp for the last 15 minutes plus injury time that got me.
Burnley anti football on 16:07 - Apr 28 with 1719 viewsstrikalite

Under MM we'd defend like that, organized and hard to beat and an outlet in Murphy, don't think Burnley had a lot of choice but to just defend, never going to go toe to toe with them because they'd get ripped apart..
Burnley anti football on 16:22 - Apr 28 with 1676 viewsGunnsAirkick

Burnley anti football on 16:07 - Apr 28 by strikalite

Under MM we'd defend like that, organized and hard to beat and an outlet in Murphy, don't think Burnley had a lot of choice but to just defend, never going to go toe to toe with them because they'd get ripped apart..

I wonder how Nodge will do next season. They won't be as expansive as they have been as they'll get ripped a new one by a lot of sides if they do that. They're also pretty leaky at the back and Krul has been hit and miss. I'm not sure how they'd do against sides like Burnley either who sit back.
Burnley anti football on 16:26 - Apr 28 with 1657 viewsElderGrizzly

Burnley anti football on 16:22 - Apr 28 by GunnsAirkick

I wonder how Nodge will do next season. They won't be as expansive as they have been as they'll get ripped a new one by a lot of sides if they do that. They're also pretty leaky at the back and Krul has been hit and miss. I'm not sure how they'd do against sides like Burnley either who sit back.

Norwich will no doubt be looking at Fulham who went up playing great football, but then switched to some kind of dour, back to the wall tactic, while still spending £100m+ to do so

Bournemouth have proved you can scrape by in the PL being expansive, even if you get hammered a few times
Burnley anti football on 16:33 - Apr 28 with 1623 viewsstrikalite

Burnley anti football on 16:26 - Apr 28 by ElderGrizzly

Norwich will no doubt be looking at Fulham who went up playing great football, but then switched to some kind of dour, back to the wall tactic, while still spending £100m+ to do so

Bournemouth have proved you can scrape by in the PL being expansive, even if you get hammered a few times

They'll learn from Fulham though and won't go spending crazy money like that and trying to change too much, the Prem might suit them even more than the Champ is the worry though...better than Cardiff when they went up so I expect them to stay up comfortably, sadly..
Burnley anti football on 19:23 - Apr 28 with 1465 viewsbritbiker

I've got a horrid feeling that they will survive with a little bit of investment.
Burnley anti football on 19:54 - Apr 28 with 1416 viewsbraveblue

Burnley anti football on 16:07 - Apr 28 by strikalite

Our defence during the past two years was awful. How may late goals did we concede?
Burnley anti football on 02:06 - Apr 29 with 1276 viewsElderGrizzly

Burnley anti football on 16:33 - Apr 28 by strikalite

They'll learn from Fulham though and won't go spending crazy money like that and trying to change too much, the Prem might suit them even more than the Champ is the worry though...better than Cardiff when they went up so I expect them to stay up comfortably, sadly..

There was an article this week, he was going to be given £20m and that’s it. A tall ask imo
Login to get fewer ads

Burnley anti football on 08:58 - Apr 29 with 1193 viewsWhymarkmariner

I know how the Budgies will do next season. They will be back where they are now unless Delia sells a lot of cook books and give Farke a massive wedge to spend. But it all goes to show what a massive swing in what has happened between us and them. Mostly due to the running of both clubs. Us badly, them well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024