Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent 10:00 - Apr 28 with 4565 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/35989/mccarthy-town-players-facing-pay-c

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:59 - Apr 28 with 894 viewsBenters2

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:10 - Apr 28 by Ftnfwest

Yes I’m not sure why they keep asking him about us, it’s been done to death now and I can’t believe they actually asked him how much less the experienced players will now be earning.

Perhaps if they had got their fingers out a bit more and we had managed to stay in this league,they wouldnt be taking a pay cut?
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 14:00 - Apr 28 with 905 viewsbrogansnose

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:53 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

Agree he's clearly a lot more bitter than he would like to let on. I understand it. He had a nice little job on good money and little pressure. He did also get unfair stick from a minority but his time was up.

I think that there is bitterness there and not a little bit of gloating. This is the man who always made a point about not discussing other teams players and focussed mainly on Town issues. I'm also not down with this ' its only the numbskulls who get upset about this' line because in the media we all seem to be getting tarred with the same brush.

Some of what happened was a disgrace but worse stuff goes on at other clubs for much less.
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 14:02 - Apr 28 with 901 viewsNo9

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 12:44 - Apr 28 by Warhurst

Why should he have to deflect certain interview questions just because some peoples feelings might get hurt on an internet forum?

Now he is no longer manager of ITFC the contractual arrangements between staff & Club are none of his business.
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 14:04 - Apr 28 with 893 viewsmos

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 12:57 - Apr 28 by Superblue95

Some players or the club might not be impressed with him revealing that information as it is private.

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest and I’m sure it won’t bother most but it is unprofessional behaviour

You seem quite bothered.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 14:05 - Apr 28 with 894 viewsNo9

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 13:17 - Apr 28 by Darth_Koont

Why should he do that?

The job he did was taken for granted. Now it seems he's getting the credit he's due based on what's happened to us since.

Even then I don't think he's particularly enjoying our plight. It was also his legacy of a young, valuable but sustainable side that was ripped to pieces.

Maybe MM agreed some of the Contracts? That still does not entitle him to tell the world what he negotiated other than to remind us how unprofessional he is
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 14:12 - Apr 28 with 875 viewsDarth_Koont

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 14:05 - Apr 28 by No9

Maybe MM agreed some of the Contracts? That still does not entitle him to tell the world what he negotiated other than to remind us how unprofessional he is

It’s already in the public domain though.

I think it’s good to actually point out that players’ livelihoods will be affected and staff will likely lose their jobs. Certainly for those who think we’re off on a League One jolly that is a lot less than 50/50 if it turns out to be a good thing for the fans and the club in the long run.

Just now it is a huge negative.

Pronouns: He/Him

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 14:39 - Apr 28 with 853 viewsSuperblue95

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 14:04 - Apr 28 by mos

You seem quite bothered.

How so buttercup?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 14:39]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 18:10 - Apr 28 with 805 viewsGarv

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 14:00 - Apr 28 by brogansnose

I think that there is bitterness there and not a little bit of gloating. This is the man who always made a point about not discussing other teams players and focussed mainly on Town issues. I'm also not down with this ' its only the numbskulls who get upset about this' line because in the media we all seem to be getting tarred with the same brush.

Some of what happened was a disgrace but worse stuff goes on at other clubs for much less.

This is spot on.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 19:54 - Apr 28 with 767 viewsoneoffposter

I hear Bart has a 70% cut and MM wasn’t happy Marcus insisted it was in contract - a main reason why the contract took so long to get done - thinking about it probably why Bart been a nervous wreck all season!
McCarthy: Town Players Facing Pay Cuts of 50 or 60 Per Cent on 02:57 - Apr 29 with 723 viewsharlingblue

Why should he worry, or have to answer about Our Club?
He kept us afloat in The Championship by his art of signing great (loan) players that never then joined the club.
Lost the love of the fans years ago, when the Town were top of The Championship and he decided to put out a Reserve team against Manchester United at Old Trafford in a Cup game, 8000 supporters made that trip, all were astounded by his team selection, and that included many of his usual starting 11.
We just made the playoffs and then lost in them that season, that was his height at Town.
After that the football was dire, fan base lost.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024