Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Adeyemi 11:26 - Apr 14 with 7654 viewsTerry_Nutkins

This is going to cause major knee jerk reactions but hear me out.

Where does his career go now. He's back in training but will anyone offer him a contract. Can't help thinking an Adeyemi from 2 years ago (
pre injury hell) would be absolutely the sort of player we need for L1 and someone out of our reach now. SO....i wouldnt be averse to keeping him. There i said it. BUT hold reaction for now. He needs to prove his fitness and clearly you could not offer him a standard contract. I'm talking a very modest wage with the majority being on a pay when played basis (or in squad x amount, in team x amount etc).

So basically it's built so next to no risk for us.

I apprecuate most will say cut the cord, move on. But he's a cracking player, athletic and well built for L1 football. You can put the kids in with him as good experience. It's just vert tempting if he would accept all the risk himself in his contract and not us....
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 11:29]

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Tom Adeyemi on 18:54 - Apr 14 with 1402 viewsMrTown

Would merely invite him back for pre season. Give him the summer to get fit.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Tom Adeyemi on 19:57 - Apr 14 with 1356 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Tom Adeyemi on 14:18 - Apr 14 by bontcho

We’re going to have to cut the squad hugely. An out of contract midfielder, where we have numbers, who hasn’t been fit for 18 months is an obvious candidate to leave. Whilst I can see your point it would seem very unfair on whoever is moved on instead.

It would HAVE to be primarily pay as you play and on a basis that it DOES not mean someone else is moved on. Let him go and earn a contract between now and December.

Tom Adeyemi on 20:19 - Apr 14 with 1334 viewsbontcho

Tom Adeyemi on 19:57 - Apr 14 by Terry_Nutkins

It would HAVE to be primarily pay as you play and on a basis that it DOES not mean someone else is moved on. Let him go and earn a contract between now and December.

Pay as you play would still have to be budgeted.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Tom Adeyemi on 20:57 - Apr 14 with 1309 viewsjas0999

Bottom line is he will move on this summer. Thankfully. Shame Huws isn’t out of contract as well.
Tom Adeyemi on 22:14 - Apr 14 with 1271 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Tom Adeyemi on 20:19 - Apr 14 by bontcho

Pay as you play would still have to be budgeted.

Very true. Could be reason we dont go down that route i guess. Probably the best argument against i guess unless we can offset it purely against the need to hire anotger player in Jan. You are right but i'd love ro see him fitnwith a massive point to prove!

Tom Adeyemi on 10:27 - Apr 15 with 1191 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I have said similar previously.. in fact I think when people talk about 'replacing Chalobah' that we already have a decent option in Adayemi.

The issue is obviously if he can regain his fitness and for how long? We have lacked a strong, dynamic and powerful presence in the middle of the pitch for years and when he was at Rotherham was a very good box to box midfielder who could mix it up and play a bit as well.. That is the player we signed, it's just whether he still exists.

I think we should at least try to find out so should be given pre season to try and prove himself again as he would be an asset IF he could return to that level and given he's already at the club & we've shelled out so much on him already, it would be bizarre to not see if we could get some return from that
Tom Adeyemi on 11:15 - Apr 15 with 1169 viewsRadlett_blue

Tom Adeyemi on 10:27 - Apr 15 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I have said similar previously.. in fact I think when people talk about 'replacing Chalobah' that we already have a decent option in Adayemi.

The issue is obviously if he can regain his fitness and for how long? We have lacked a strong, dynamic and powerful presence in the middle of the pitch for years and when he was at Rotherham was a very good box to box midfielder who could mix it up and play a bit as well.. That is the player we signed, it's just whether he still exists.

I think we should at least try to find out so should be given pre season to try and prove himself again as he would be an asset IF he could return to that level and given he's already at the club & we've shelled out so much on him already, it would be bizarre to not see if we could get some return from that

What we've wasted on Adeyemi is a sunk cost so this should not be a reason to throw good money after bad.
We don't want to be throwing away more money on someone who's hardly played in 2 years.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Tom Adeyemi on 11:22 - Apr 15 with 1164 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Tom Adeyemi on 11:15 - Apr 15 by Radlett_blue

What we've wasted on Adeyemi is a sunk cost so this should not be a reason to throw good money after bad.
We don't want to be throwing away more money on someone who's hardly played in 2 years.

Those 2 years have been an anomaly in his career though. He is not a player who spends months and months out injured based on all available data.

IF he were to get himself fit & playing in L1 (for someone else) he would very likely make us look a bit silly as 1) he would be a very useful player and 2) be another player we let go

I just think we should give ourselves the opportunity to see if he still has something about him, I'm not suggesting a 3 year deal, but an opportunity for him to earn himself 12 month deal during pre season.. If he's absolute toilet then we let him go.
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Adeyemi on 13:51 - Apr 15 with 1117 viewsChocorange

Tom Adeyemi on 11:22 - Apr 15 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Those 2 years have been an anomaly in his career though. He is not a player who spends months and months out injured based on all available data.

IF he were to get himself fit & playing in L1 (for someone else) he would very likely make us look a bit silly as 1) he would be a very useful player and 2) be another player we let go

I just think we should give ourselves the opportunity to see if he still has something about him, I'm not suggesting a 3 year deal, but an opportunity for him to earn himself 12 month deal during pre season.. If he's absolute toilet then we let him go.

Get yourself down to PR tonight and see for yourself what we have been missing.
Tom Adeyemi on 13:59 - Apr 15 with 1102 viewschicoazul

Tom Adeyemi on 19:57 - Apr 14 by Terry_Nutkins

Always amazed at how many fans we have of zero hours contracts here.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024