Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on Ipswich vs Hull 17:54 - Mar 30 with 4751 viewsunstableblue

As the fans sang “que sera sera, whatever will be, will be, we’re going to Shrewsbury, que sera sera” and a beautiful rendition of “don’t worry, about a thing, cause every little thing is gonna be alright” and as Kenlock cried and was comforted by a similarly emotional Chambers.... the reality struck, our fate sealed.

It was not a terrible performance and Hull are not a poor side. And indeed if you compare our teamsheets, and the fact a Keane and a Martin can’t make the first team, it should have been 5-0.

We had 65% posession and 15 shots.

At times we played some nice stuff, and we continue to try and play football the right way.

BUT, and it a big but, we are so lacking a true goal scorer, we do not have enough of a ruthless cutting edge. Jackson is not being served when he makes his runs. Hull were ruthless in comparison.

And again senior players were poor, Barts kicking was terrible, Skuse gifted posession. It’s simply not acceptable. Bart was bemoaning his international chances in League One - we’ll sort out your kicking, poor.

Hull defended well and in numbers. They were well drilled. And we simply have the guile or numbers to break them down. And that sense of urgency and spark was missing.

Losing Bishop and Nolan was a big issue. We needed a runner to break between the lines. Chalobah didn’t really turn up, and combine with Skuse backward passing this further retarded our attacking intent.

The positives were Kenlock - who had his best game in a Town shirt. I also thought Toto was good and energetic. Dozzell is a classy classy player - some of his passing is Premeiship class. But he is not dynamic enough and is not grabbing games.

Our new striking youngster looked much more promising in his second cameo.

All a bit flat I’m afraid. We need some confidence building wins in our remaining games.

We are not a bad side despite our budget - we just lack goals and make silly errors.

“We’re all going on a Division 1 tour”!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Thoughts on Ipswich vs Hull on 14:09 - Apr 1 with 535 viewsSuperblue95

Thoughts on Ipswich vs Hull on 13:03 - Apr 1 by unstableblue

Errrr Jarred Bowen has scored 21 goals this term, he is the 4th highest striker in the league. Hull have scored the same amount of goals as Derby!

That’s got absolutely nothing to do with your Chris Martin comment but very well

Take Bowen out of that team and they are very very ordinary

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Thoughts on Ipswich vs Hull on 14:58 - Apr 1 with 496 viewsunstableblue

Thoughts on Ipswich vs Hull on 14:09 - Apr 1 by Superblue95

That’s got absolutely nothing to do with your Chris Martin comment but very well

Take Bowen out of that team and they are very very ordinary

No, I am responding to your point that was "Their squad really isn’t that good."

Which you're now saying is very very ordinary.

Which is just rubbish, they've probably got better players technically in most positions.

'Take Bowen out of the team and they are very very ordinary" what about the Polish international who scored two goals and would be our best player. Or Pugh, Henriksen, Irvine or Torel??? every single one of them would walk into our team, adn probably teams much higher than us.

You do know Hull went on an unbelieavable run? They've beaten Leeds, Derby. Spanked Brentford 5-1. Beating Norwich and Brum recently.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Thoughts on Ipswich vs Hull on 15:06 - Apr 1 with 481 viewsHerbivore

Thoughts on Ipswich vs Hull on 12:03 - Apr 1 by unstableblue

errrrr, I don't understand.... I meant 5-0 to Hull because of their squad strength compared to ours?!?

Indeed their squad is valued at £44m to our £20m.

Ipswich were not garbage on Saturday, they just weren't dynamic enough in the final third, and senior players made errors. And again they were playing a better team on paper.

What I mean is that you saying a midtable Hull side with no away wins in 2019 should be beating us 5-0 on our own patch is garbage. I get why you're doing it, but it's nonsense.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2019 15:10]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Thoughts on Ipswich vs Hull on 15:24 - Apr 1 with 447 viewsSuperblue95

Thoughts on Ipswich vs Hull on 14:58 - Apr 1 by unstableblue

No, I am responding to your point that was "Their squad really isn’t that good."

Which you're now saying is very very ordinary.

Which is just rubbish, they've probably got better players technically in most positions.

'Take Bowen out of the team and they are very very ordinary" what about the Polish international who scored two goals and would be our best player. Or Pugh, Henriksen, Irvine or Torel??? every single one of them would walk into our team, adn probably teams much higher than us.

You do know Hull went on an unbelieavable run? They've beaten Leeds, Derby. Spanked Brentford 5-1. Beating Norwich and Brum recently.

They’re a mid table team with some decent players and one stand out player. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes most of their team would walk into ours but that’s because ours is so poor, not because theirs is so great.

If they’ve been on an unbelievable run and are still stranded in mid table then that just goes to prove how largely ordinary (at best) they’ve been for the rest of the season.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Thoughts on Ipswich vs Hull on 15:26 - Apr 1 with 443 viewsHerbivore

Thoughts on Ipswich vs Hull on 15:24 - Apr 1 by Superblue95

They’re a mid table team with some decent players and one stand out player. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes most of their team would walk into ours but that’s because ours is so poor, not because theirs is so great.

If they’ve been on an unbelievable run and are still stranded in mid table then that just goes to prove how largely ordinary (at best) they’ve been for the rest of the season.

Their amazing run was a while ago, Saturday was their first away win this year. The delusion is strong in this one.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024