Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Somewhat stating the obvious I know but ST/matchday pricing next season is key 08:35 - Feb 14 with 1203 viewsnsblu1

Recent games and last night in particular showed that there is still the support out there, even with the club in the position it is now.

We're going to go down, I don't think we can believe otherwise. So what do the club do? Stick with current or very similar pricing structure and in all reality lose number off the ST holders and less match by match purchases. Or lower prices to try and entice more people through the gates each game.

Obviously there is a sweet spot for the club from a financial perspective, but for me it goes beyond that. Attendances like last night will work in our favour in L1. If we can get it right on the pitch it will be a positive place for our players to play, create that momentum that PL has spoken about. If we end up with gates under 12k it will feel quite soulless and be an easier place to play for opposition teams.

Hope the club are giving this some serious thought and not just being flippant about it.
Somewhat stating the obvious I know but ST/matchday pricing next season is key on 08:48 - Feb 14 with 1160 viewshomer_123

Last night, there were not 18,000 there - the Club counts STs whether they attend or not.

The reality is that a smaller number of regular core supporters will always make more noise and atmosphere than having a further 3k or 4k transient supporters or kids.

If Town want to sort attendances, they need to win a few games and start chasing for promotion - until that happens, reducing tickets prices has little to no long term impact on supporter attendance.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Somewhat stating the obvious I know but ST/matchday pricing next season is key on 08:53 - Feb 14 with 1154 viewsnsblu1

Somewhat stating the obvious I know but ST/matchday pricing next season is key on 08:48 - Feb 14 by homer_123

Last night, there were not 18,000 there - the Club counts STs whether they attend or not.

The reality is that a smaller number of regular core supporters will always make more noise and atmosphere than having a further 3k or 4k transient supporters or kids.

If Town want to sort attendances, they need to win a few games and start chasing for promotion - until that happens, reducing tickets prices has little to no long term impact on supporter attendance.

Don’t entirely agree.... Keep generating the feel good factor in the face of relegation, lower the prices and make the reduction about the fans, reward for loyalty or whatever spin needs to be put on it. Lambert knows the fans are key and expect he’ll be telling ME what he wants to see in terms of numbers through the gates as he knows how that can galvanise the team. Up to ME and the ticketing lot to find the balance then I guess.
Somewhat stating the obvious I know but ST/matchday pricing next season is key on 09:25 - Feb 14 with 1123 viewsGuthrum

If they reduce ST prices by £100 across the board, the club's income goes down by over £1m. That's a big hit, especially combined with the loss of TV and League money.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Somewhat stating the obvious I know but ST/matchday pricing next season is key on 09:46 - Feb 14 with 1090 viewsBrianTablet

Sell a 2-yr season ticket for 1.5 x times the cost of a single season?

If we go up, we have more TV cash anyway.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Somewhat stating the obvious I know but ST/matchday pricing next season is key on 09:46 - Feb 14 with 1090 viewsBrianTablet

Somewhat stating the obvious I know but ST/matchday pricing next season is key on 09:25 - Feb 14 by Guthrum

If they reduce ST prices by £100 across the board, the club's income goes down by over £1m. That's a big hit, especially combined with the loss of TV and League money.

Much of that £1 million could be offset by Adayemi + Huws wages

The only thing that's going to get this club moving in the right direction is positivity and atmosphere amongst the crowd. So far, it's been working well. It will eventually be reflected in performances.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Somewhat stating the obvious I know but ST/matchday pricing next season is key on 10:36 - Feb 14 with 1052 viewsbluebare

My personal opinion as a ST and the ST next to me is unless the ST price is very cheap say £200 its not worth having considering the distance we travel to home games (260miles each way). It would be cheaper for us to share a season ticket or just pick and choose games. Also several away games in the south west. Surely Huddersfield set the model for attracting fans by using TV money to lower ST prices and get fans in fill the ground with fans buying food drinks programs and merchandise and staying for the long term.
Somewhat stating the obvious I know but ST/matchday pricing next season is key on 10:49 - Feb 14 with 1030 viewscarlisleaway

Obviously season tickets have to come down, but not slashed as the club will need the finances.

How about offering S/T holders the offer that if they came back straight away prices would be halved in the Championship
Somewhat stating the obvious I know but ST/matchday pricing next season is key on 10:56 - Feb 14 with 1019 viewsbluebare

Somewhat stating the obvious I know but ST/matchday pricing next season is key on 10:49 - Feb 14 by carlisleaway

Obviously season tickets have to come down, but not slashed as the club will need the finances.

How about offering S/T holders the offer that if they came back straight away prices would be halved in the Championship

They told us that about getting promoted to the premiership and that worked out well. Slash prices more fans recoup revenue with sales of extras shirts pies programs etc. Better atmosphere
Login to get fewer ads

Somewhat stating the obvious I know but ST/matchday pricing next season is key on 11:58 - Feb 14 with 984 viewstextbackup

Somewhat stating the obvious I know but ST/matchday pricing next season is key on 08:48 - Feb 14 by homer_123

derby had a big following, areas of grond very busy, id say there was very likely to be 17500-18000 there
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 11:59]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Somewhat stating the obvious I know but ST/matchday pricing next season is key on 12:09 - Feb 14 with 972 viewstextbackup

I just think people are all mouth "if MM goes i'll go again"..... whilst attendances have gone up they've not rocketed.
slash them too low and we risk the same number of fans buying them (that would buy the even if price was frozen) and we make a loss.
the "buy this season and get 50% off the next if promoted" is a good way to go IMHO.
however this is evans, I can see them going up by about 35p a month and this place and our tight arse fans crying themelves to sleep.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Somewhat stating the obvious I know but ST/matchday pricing next season is key on 13:20 - Feb 14 with 912 viewstractorboy7777

Very basic scenario here. Drop everything by 15%.

Last set of accounts show £5m ticket sales. 15% lower is a drop of £750,000.00

My season ticket would drop to £430.00 for upper tier. Lower tier to £330.00 roughly speaking.

Lower tier on day tickets £21.00 and upper £25.00. (Adult prices here).
Decent value? Possibly.

Also, personally, I think kids are too cheap. Small increase needed?

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024