Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
players out of contract 17:21 - Feb 3 with 3952 viewspositivity

lots of players coming up to the end of their contracts (some have an extra year option in our favour).

who would be useful in league one?

spence-get rid
emmanuel-extra year
smith-probably get rid, is he injured?
chambers-get rid
woolfenden-new contract
collins-keep if any chance of him being fit, maybe player/coach
knudsen-get rid
kenlock-extra year
webber-get rid
downes-new contract
adeyemi-get rid
bishop-new contract
mckendry-get rid
ward-extra year
dawkins-?? prob get rid
judge-extra year
sears-extra year
rowe-extra year
morris-extra year

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

players out of contract on 17:29 - Feb 3 with 3921 viewsMrTown

Would keep:
Chambers (1 year)
Woolfenden (New Contract)
Emmanuel (1 Year )
Kenlock (1 Year)
Downes (New Contract)
Bishop (New Contract)
Judge (1 Year)
Morris (1 Year)

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

players out of contract on 20:30 - Feb 3 with 3829 viewsHARRY10

that's quite a clear out and assuming none of those you want don't move eiher

added to loanees Keane, Bree, Pennington, Chalobah and Quaner

which wouldn't leave many left, or who deserve to be
players out of contract on 20:42 - Feb 3 with 3808 viewspositivity

players out of contract on 20:30 - Feb 3 by HARRY10

that's quite a clear out and assuming none of those you want don't move eiher

added to loanees Keane, Bree, Pennington, Chalobah and Quaner

which wouldn't leave many left, or who deserve to be

quite a few to stay there, plus all those with longer contracts.
fairly standard turnover for a team changing divisions; we have a big squad right now

players out of contract on 21:03 - Feb 3 with 3764 viewsBLUEBEAT

Wonder how many still contracted have get-out clauses if club drops to League One...?

Not def info but was informed Judge’s has this as a clause.

Poll: W or W

players out of contract on 21:16 - Feb 3 with 3736 viewsSuperblue95

Ward would be the first one id release. Certainly wouldn’t offer him another deal

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

players out of contract on 21:22 - Feb 3 with 3724 viewsbournemouthblue

players out of contract on 21:16 - Feb 3 by Superblue95

Ward would be the first one id release. Certainly wouldn’t offer him another deal

He's potentially a profitable sale if he has a good start to the season if nothing else but who knows. A Championship club could snap him up?

I think most people agree on the list we would keep. I'm a bit worried about how we seem to be treating Emmanuel, there's a player in there but we don't seem bothered about finding out if he is any good or not.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

players out of contract on 21:37 - Feb 3 with 3692 viewsHARRY10

players out of contract on 21:22 - Feb 3 by bournemouthblue

He's potentially a profitable sale if he has a good start to the season if nothing else but who knows. A Championship club could snap him up?

I think most people agree on the list we would keep. I'm a bit worried about how we seem to be treating Emmanuel, there's a player in there but we don't seem bothered about finding out if he is any good or not.

I can't see Spence getting another contract at this level

What appears to be a problem is we don't see players developing. Spence signed as an unwanted player from MK Dons has has done his best to underpin why they didn't want him.

It's all very well bringing in the likes of Collins and Walters to tied us over, if we are developing our own along side. We are not.

When was the last keeper we had come though, beyond a brief outing on the bench. Those that go out on loan seem to be ones that are not going to make it with the club. Never those who come back 'battle hardened' ready to step up into the first team.

Others like Marriot, Rhodes and Trotter seem to slip through out fingers.
players out of contract on 22:09 - Feb 3 with 3653 viewsbournemouthblue

players out of contract on 21:37 - Feb 3 by HARRY10

I can't see Spence getting another contract at this level

What appears to be a problem is we don't see players developing. Spence signed as an unwanted player from MK Dons has has done his best to underpin why they didn't want him.

It's all very well bringing in the likes of Collins and Walters to tied us over, if we are developing our own along side. We are not.

When was the last keeper we had come though, beyond a brief outing on the bench. Those that go out on loan seem to be ones that are not going to make it with the club. Never those who come back 'battle hardened' ready to step up into the first team.

Others like Marriot, Rhodes and Trotter seem to slip through out fingers.

Of the players we have loaned out currently, Emmanuel is the one to have performed at the highest level

He featured in the League One play-off final, that has suggest he isn't far off our required level?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

players out of contract on 22:13 - Feb 3 with 3640 viewsagentp

players out of contract on 20:42 - Feb 3 by positivity

quite a few to stay there, plus all those with longer contracts.
fairly standard turnover for a team changing divisions; we have a big squad right now

Only if they agree to stay. Changing divisions works both ways

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

players out of contract on 22:17 - Feb 3 with 3639 viewsagentp

players out of contract on 21:22 - Feb 3 by bournemouthblue

He's not really doing though is he? He had a good last season but isnt doing it this season. Shrews fans don't really rate him. He's worthy of a squad place but little more IMO.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

players out of contract on 22:20 - Feb 3 with 3625 viewspositivity

players out of contract on 22:13 - Feb 3 by agentp

Only if they agree to stay. Changing divisions works both ways

absolutely, those with extra year option are in the club's favour.

no idea whether there's any clauses which means they can opt out if we go down.

i imagine we'll be wanting to reduce the wage bill, which could also be a factor in taking up options...

players out of contract on 22:23 - Feb 3 with 3617 viewspositivity

players out of contract on 22:17 - Feb 3 by agentp

He's not really doing though is he? He had a good last season but isnt doing it this season. Shrews fans don't really rate him. He's worthy of a squad place but little more IMO.

he played a lot under the old manager at the shrews and rotherham were keen to take him in the championship.

definitely worth trying at the very least!

players out of contract on 01:06 - Feb 4 with 3507 viewsGarv

Ward doesn't deserve a new deal, as unlucky he will be in that due to his injury it will be difficult to find a new club. Help him get back to fitness, then call it a day.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

players out of contract - Bishops a huge must keep on 08:04 - Feb 4 with 3415 viewsrfretwell

players out of contract on 01:06 - Feb 4 by Garv

Ward doesn't deserve a new deal, as unlucky he will be in that due to his injury it will be difficult to find a new club. Help him get back to fitness, then call it a day.

Of all the players out of contract soon Bishops the only one who can cut it at top Championship level , if he stays fit. He has the pace so many others just don't have. Allied with his ball skills and youth there must be a lot of clubs looking to pick him up. Before his injuries he was on a par with Will Hughes of Derby who is now doing it for Watford.
players out of contract on 08:22 - Feb 4 with 3395 viewsIpswichKnight

We do need a big clear out including a lot of those on professional contracts but playing in the U23's. The U23's should be used for the best U18's and squad/injured professional players. We should not be keeping players on just to keep an U23 team.
players out of contract on 09:24 - Feb 4 with 3345 viewsagentp

players out of contract on 08:22 - Feb 4 by IpswichKnight

We do need a big clear out including a lot of those on professional contracts but playing in the U23's. The U23's should be used for the best U18's and squad/injured professional players. We should not be keeping players on just to keep an U23 team.

Not sure we keep players on as you suggest.

We can't win though. We produce a lot of youngsters - Good for us. The management get moaned at for not playing them; even though they are unproven. Get moaned at for sending them out on loan; although that should be the way forward and then moaned at if one escapes to make it elsewhere.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 9:27]

players out of contract on 09:56 - Feb 4 with 3302 viewsBlueBlood90

players out of contract on 21:03 - Feb 3 by BLUEBEAT

Wonder how many still contracted have get-out clauses if club drops to League One...?

Not def info but was informed Judge’s has this as a clause.

I bloody hope so. Can't think of more than 2 or 3 out of the entire squad that I'd even want to keep.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

players out of contract on 10:01 - Feb 4 with 3289 viewsSuperblue95

players out of contract on 09:56 - Feb 4 by BlueBlood90

I bloody hope so. Can't think of more than 2 or 3 out of the entire squad that I'd even want to keep.

That’s an extraordinary statement. Get a grip

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

players out of contract on 10:22 - Feb 4 with 3244 viewsNo9

One would hop, with relegation on the cards the Owner & PL would have had at least one contingency meeting.
Not much point in keeping any player over 28, GK & Skipper excepted.
players out of contract on 10:23 - Feb 4 with 3241 viewsWhymarkmariner

players out of contract on 17:29 - Feb 3 by MrTown

Would keep:
Chambers (1 year)
Woolfenden (New Contract)
Emmanuel (1 Year )
Kenlock (1 Year)
Downes (New Contract)
Bishop (New Contract)
Judge (1 Year)
Morris (1 Year)

We can all guess or make suggestions as to who we think should stay and who should leave. But it's going to be a lot more complicated than that. Evans has already said that those with contracts have it written in that their wages will reduce if we are relegated. Is there also a clause that says if my wages are x at the moment and they go down to y am I allowed to leave if I find another club ? Are players that have had their contracts run down likely to sign new ones on less money. I can't see many if any of the current loanees being with us next season. Collins maybe and Keane has said he'd like to be. But have we seen enough to suggest we keep him. I can't see Bart being with us. I know he has a new contract but I think a Championship club will come in for him. The figure of 7 million has been said with regard to TV rights, this doesn't take into account a drop in season ticket sales and also now and again fans or away fans. Could be talking about 10 million plus. ME's not going to make that up when he can't come up with a few groats when we could have been promoted. If Pl thought he had a hell of a job this season he's got an even harder one next.
players out of contract on 10:45 - Feb 4 with 3210 viewsTIB

players out of contract on 10:23 - Feb 4 by Whymarkmariner

We can all guess or make suggestions as to who we think should stay and who should leave. But it's going to be a lot more complicated than that. Evans has already said that those with contracts have it written in that their wages will reduce if we are relegated. Is there also a clause that says if my wages are x at the moment and they go down to y am I allowed to leave if I find another club ? Are players that have had their contracts run down likely to sign new ones on less money. I can't see many if any of the current loanees being with us next season. Collins maybe and Keane has said he'd like to be. But have we seen enough to suggest we keep him. I can't see Bart being with us. I know he has a new contract but I think a Championship club will come in for him. The figure of 7 million has been said with regard to TV rights, this doesn't take into account a drop in season ticket sales and also now and again fans or away fans. Could be talking about 10 million plus. ME's not going to make that up when he can't come up with a few groats when we could have been promoted. If Pl thought he had a hell of a job this season he's got an even harder one next.

Certainly isn't going to be easy...and folk thinking we have an array of youth that'll come help get straight back up need to re-think that as L1 is a tough old slog.

One positive is at least Hurst preempted this and purchased all those L1 / L2 players . I jest but they may actually prove vital if we do go down...their experience and age and potential ability at that level. Them mixed with some youth will add somewhat of a core / depth and hopefully give PL something to build around.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 10:57]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024