Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Brother is Watching You 18:13 - Jan 15 with 929 viewsuefacup81

I don't know if anyone else has had a similar email from TV Licensing today?

Even though I expected this to be their next move after forcing people to log in to use iPlayer, it all seems a bit Orwellian.

I don't live at the address in question any more, and the licence here is in Mrs Uefa's name. I wasn't aware that I now have to update the BBC of any change of address I undertake.

And what if you don't need/have a licence at home, but choose to watch iPlayer at other locations where a licence exists?

It all just seems typical of TV Licensing's tactics, along with their usual immediate presumption of guilt.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Big Brother is Watching You on 18:15 - Jan 15 with 905 viewsSpruceMoose

Hit delete. Go about your business merrily.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Big Brother is Watching You on 18:18 - Jan 15 with 890 viewsBlueBadger

More likley to be a hoax email, phishing.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/11/thousands-targeted-by-tv-license-refund-sca

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Big Brother is Watching You on 18:18 - Jan 15 with 892 viewsuefacup81

Big Brother is Watching You on 18:15 - Jan 15 by SpruceMoose

Hit delete. Go about your business merrily.

That's the plan.

They'd have a heck of a job proving that the person with the account watched iPlayer in an unlicensed location anyway.

Big Brother is Watching You on 18:20 - Jan 15 with 883 viewsuefacup81

Big Brother is Watching You on 18:18 - Jan 15 by BlueBadger

More likley to be a hoax email, phishing.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/11/thousands-targeted-by-tv-license-refund-sca

I've checked it out and it's legit. All the links lead to the right website, the source address is correct, and the unnecessarily threatening tone is just right.

Big Brother is Watching You on 19:02 - Jan 15 with 816 viewsBloomBlue

Sounds like someone has obtained your details illegally. Are you a member of any site that has suffered a data breach lately?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024