Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As debuts go 00:21 - Jan 13 with 8070 viewsGarv

Dawkins wasn't the best was it?

Not to detract from a hugely positive day but I hope he has more in his locker!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

As debuts go on 10:22 - Jan 13 with 1464 viewsBlueBadger

As debuts go on 08:04 - Jan 13 by TonyHumesIpswich

Worst debut I've ever seen and that includes Giles Coke

What, worse than Skard or Fish?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

As debuts go on 10:22 - Jan 13 with 1465 viewsloyalfan

As debuts go on 07:14 - Jan 13 by Harry_Palmer

"Appalling" "Liability" "Sh1te" "Terrible"

Get a grip people. He was on for how long, 15 mins? And this is a guy that hasn't played a competitive match for nearly a year and who came on at a time when we were pushed so far back we were literally defending our six yard box.

I can't say he was brilliant but really, a little bit of perspective wouldn't go a miss.

I disagree. I thought he put more pressure on the team when he came on as he was just not upto speed and didn’t seem in tune with his teammates. I rarely criticise players but he really added nothing.
As debuts go on 10:33 - Jan 13 with 1450 viewsBrixtonBlue

He was in the Penta Hotel bar last night, sat on his own. Felt a bit sorry for him. I really wanted to say something like "well played mate" but I couldn't bring myself to lie.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Indeed on 10:35 - Jan 13 with 1443 viewsHarry_Palmer

Indeed on 09:35 - Jan 13 by Dyland

No one is really sticking the knife in though.

I mean, personally, I can laugh at crap stuff when we've won. Actually, even if we lose.

And yes, Sears was generally poor in the second half, and has been called out along with Dawkins. I don't see anyone saying Sears should be tarred and feathered, which would be ridiculous.

Liability, terrible, appalling etc is a little over the top though for a 15 min cameo in a match we really struggled in, don't you think?

I would say that I find the Dawkins signing the strangest one so far, especially if we get Judge, but i'm certainly not going slate him for yesterday.
I hear you on 10:42 - Jan 13 with 1427 viewsDyland

Indeed on 10:35 - Jan 13 by Harry_Palmer

Liability, terrible, appalling etc is a little over the top though for a 15 min cameo in a match we really struggled in, don't you think?

I would say that I find the Dawkins signing the strangest one so far, especially if we get Judge, but i'm certainly not going slate him for yesterday.

but don't think it's "over the top" as a short comment on here. If it was a lengthy diatribe full of vitriol I'd react the same as you.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Fairy nuff (n/t) on 10:43 - Jan 13 with 1423 viewsHarry_Palmer

I hear you on 10:42 - Jan 13 by Dyland

but don't think it's "over the top" as a short comment on here. If it was a lengthy diatribe full of vitriol I'd react the same as you.

As debuts go on 10:48 - Jan 13 with 1408 viewsBluespeed225

I was told after the game that he came up on the train, getting into Town for 1 o’clock, so I’ll let him off this one if that was the case!
Right on 10:51 - Jan 13 with 1404 viewsDyland

As debuts go on 10:48 - Jan 13 by Bluespeed225

I was told after the game that he came up on the train, getting into Town for 1 o’clock, so I’ll let him off this one if that was the case!

Not up to speed at all and he won't be judged on his performance yesterday (unless he never plays again).

Doesn't alter the reality of the performance.

Slightly odd if anything that he was thrown on ahead of Bishop or Huws e.g.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Right on 11:03 - Jan 13 with 1363 viewsBrixtonBlue

Right on 10:51 - Jan 13 by Dyland

Not up to speed at all and he won't be judged on his performance yesterday (unless he never plays again).

Doesn't alter the reality of the performance.

Slightly odd if anything that he was thrown on ahead of Bishop or Huws e.g.

yeah, a clear mistake by Lambert for me.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

As debuts go on 11:07 - Jan 13 with 1355 viewsbackwaywhen

As debuts go on 07:14 - Jan 13 by Harry_Palmer

"Appalling" "Liability" "Sh1te" "Terrible"

Get a grip people. He was on for how long, 15 mins? And this is a guy that hasn't played a competitive match for nearly a year and who came on at a time when we were pushed so far back we were literally defending our six yard box.

I can't say he was brilliant but really, a little bit of perspective wouldn't go a miss.

Why put him on then ....should have been Ellis.
As debuts go on 11:39 - Jan 13 with 1314 viewsHarry_Palmer

As debuts go on 11:07 - Jan 13 by backwaywhen

Why put him on then ....should have been Ellis.

I don't disagree, but then i'm not Paul Lambert so you are probably aiming this at the wrong person.

I must have watched a different game to most as I did not pick up on him being noticeably terrible during his cameo, did a couple of things that weren't great but nothing too horrendous imo.

I certainly didn't think to myself that I must get on TWTD and give him pelters, probably just relieved at the 3 points and all that. But hey ho, each to their own.
As debuts go on 11:43 - Jan 13 with 1305 viewsBrixtonBlue

As debuts go on 11:39 - Jan 13 by Harry_Palmer

I don't disagree, but then i'm not Paul Lambert so you are probably aiming this at the wrong person.

I must have watched a different game to most as I did not pick up on him being noticeably terrible during his cameo, did a couple of things that weren't great but nothing too horrendous imo.

I certainly didn't think to myself that I must get on TWTD and give him pelters, probably just relieved at the 3 points and all that. But hey ho, each to their own.

Everyone in the pub was talking about how poor he was as well. Maybe you dozed off for a bit?

As debuts go on 12:22 - Jan 13 with 1275 viewsHarry_Palmer

As debuts go on 11:43 - Jan 13 by BrixtonBlue

Everyone in the pub was talking about how poor he was as well. Maybe you dozed off for a bit?

Possibly, it wouldn't be the first time!
As debuts go on 00:12 - Jan 14 with 1229 viewsGiveusaWave

Friend of mine (Rotherham fan who came down for match) said afterwards...

"Sure you haven't accidentally signed Richard Dawkins?"

Thing is...think Richard Dawkins would have done him in a 100 yard dash....

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024