Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travelling to Ipswich from the North West 18:27 - Dec 28 with 3305 viewslukey130490

Evening all

Im a season ticket holder, however am moving to Leeds at the end of Jan. Is there anyone on here who regularly travels down to home games from up that way, or is it best to just focus on the away games up that way? And tbh, at the minute i couldnt think of much more depressing than travelling 3-4 hours, watching us lose, then 3-4 hours home
Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 18:48 - Dec 28 with 3264 viewsPecker

If you find it depressing supporting Ipswich, I suggest you sell your season ticket to somebody who would actually enjoy going to watch the team they support.
Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 18:55 - Dec 28 with 3248 viewsFixed_It

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 18:48 - Dec 28 by Pecker

If you find it depressing supporting Ipswich, I suggest you sell your season ticket to somebody who would actually enjoy going to watch the team they support.

Think you are missing the point to make your laboured point.
I love watching us play - but my 250 mile round trip is certainly more enjoyable when we've won/ played well!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:00 - Dec 28 with 3228 viewshomer_123

You can still fully support the team but also not be blind to the fact that the football and results on show are somewhat sub standard.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:02 - Dec 28 with 3219 viewsEastTownBlue

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 18:55 - Dec 28 by Fixed_It

I love watching us play - but my 250 mile round trip is certainly more enjoyable when we've won/ played well!

Don’t worry about Pecker.

If Pecker and Fishers had their way, matches at Portman Road would be played in front of positive supporters who have never said a negative word about the club. It should be those two only.
Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:02 - Dec 28 with 3215 viewsm14_blue

To be brutally honest I’d think pretty hard about travelling to many home games from up here.

Leeds isn’t the North West though....
Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:05 - Dec 28 with 3213 viewsfactual_blue

You'll be living in leeds soon, so you'll quickly come to know horrors that far exceed the woeful experience of supporting the current Town team.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 19:16]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:21 - Dec 28 with 3172 viewsPecker

Oooopppppps . Do you have 2 accounts?
Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:23 - Dec 28 with 3165 viewsPecker

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:02 - Dec 28 by EastTownBlue

Don’t worry about Pecker.

If Pecker and Fishers had their way, matches at Portman Road would be played in front of positive supporters who have never said a negative word about the club. It should be those two only.

I will criticise when I think it is helpful.
Login to get fewer ads

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:40 - Dec 28 with 3125 viewsFixed_It

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:21 - Dec 28 by Pecker

Oooopppppps . Do you have 2 accounts?

No. Funnily enough the OP isn't the only one who travels to home matches.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:53 - Dec 28 with 3104 viewsPecker

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:40 - Dec 28 by Fixed_It

No. Funnily enough the OP isn't the only one who travels to home matches.

Not saying he is, just read like you were replying direct.
Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:54 - Dec 28 with 3103 viewslukey130490

MIssed the point completely. I love supporting town, but a 400 mile round trip, coupled with £50+ per home game, plus the way we are playing at the minute, it is hard to justify it
Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:55 - Dec 28 with 3101 viewslukey130490

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:02 - Dec 28 by m14_blue

To be brutally honest I’d think pretty hard about travelling to many home games from up here.

Leeds isn’t the North West though....

I realised that when I had posted it, but now it is too late to change it. I think home games are going to become few and far between for me
Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:55 - Dec 28 with 3100 viewsPecker

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:00 - Dec 28 by homer_123

You can still fully support the team but also not be blind to the fact that the football and results on show are somewhat sub standard.

" depressing ".
Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:59 - Dec 28 with 3087 viewsParisBlue

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:55 - Dec 28 by lukey130490

I realised that when I had posted it, but now it is too late to change it. I think home games are going to become few and far between for me

Plenty of nearby away days though

Accrington, Rochdale, Barnsley, Doncaster, Bradford...plus Scunthorpe, Burton, Walsall, Coventry, Fleetwood and Blackpool

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 20:02 - Dec 28 with 3082 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Are you classing Leeds as the North West??!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 20:15 - Dec 28 with 3067 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 19:59 - Dec 28 by ParisBlue

Plenty of nearby away days though

Accrington, Rochdale, Barnsley, Doncaster, Bradford...plus Scunthorpe, Burton, Walsall, Coventry, Fleetwood and Blackpool

Or Sheffield United this season. Possibly Rotherham next. And next season it will be worth travelling for the home games too won't it? Hopefully before long this one too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 20:20 - Dec 28 with 3054 viewsbrogansnose

I used to live in Leeds and the worst part of the journey is - on the train - is from P'boro to Ipswich. However, like others have said, great for aways a nd Leeds is a fine place to live. Its easier to do the travelling when the Winter is over.
Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 20:34 - Dec 28 with 3023 viewsPinewoodblue

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 20:02 - Dec 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

Are you classing Leeds as the North West??!!

They are going to love in the people's Republic of Yorkshire if he refers to Leeds being in NW England.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 21:05 - Dec 28 with 2986 viewsLord_Lucan

I say fair play to you and the original poster.

Had a text from one of my mates today who was basically hovering at maybe giving the whole thing a rest for a while - and he lives in IP4.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 21:13 - Dec 28 with 2972 viewsStadiumofdark

I live in Leeds and have a ST - sent you a PM
Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 21:38 - Dec 28 with 2935 viewsGrammarman

I'm......I'm...…..couldn't...…….. 'depressing?????
Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 21:53 - Dec 28 with 2888 viewslukey130490

Travelling to Ipswich from the North West on 21:38 - Dec 28 by Grammarman

I'm......I'm...…..couldn't...…….. 'depressing?????

Username checks out. I should've used my apostrophes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024