Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season 17:04 - Dec 9 with 3408 viewsCurrie10

Assume both would drop!?

Maybe matchday £20/£25 for lower/ upper!?

Hopefully don't have to find out!
Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 19:51 - Dec 9 with 3313 viewsHorseboy

To expensive IMO.

The reduced away support at approx 30 - 40 quid will hit us hard as well
Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 20:12 - Dec 9 with 3295 viewsVaughan8

I’m guessing they would stay the same......
Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 20:19 - Dec 9 with 3283 viewsSuperfrans

The current £400 (or so) ST in the SBR Lower would have to drop to £300 or so, I reckon.
If Is was in charge of the club, I’d do something bold like that to help get more people in the ground and get it bouncing.

Reducing prices by 25% to keep attendances at the current level (or higher) has to be better than keeping prices the same and watching attendances fall by 25% to 7,500 or similar.

But I suspect they’ll keep prices where they are, maybe drop them by 10%, and hope that keeps attendances up. Which I very much doubt.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 20:31 - Dec 9 with 3253 viewsCurrie10

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 19:51 - Dec 9 by Horseboy

To expensive IMO.

The reduced away support at approx 30 - 40 quid will hit us hard as well

Only, that's not many clubs that we charge that figure to at present.

We charge away clubs £25 still per agreement last season if their good enough to charge us the same.

Charging Wigan £25

https://www.wiganathletic.com/news/2018/november/ticket-news-latics-trip-to-ipsw

Sheffield United £30

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2018/november/ipswich-away-tickets/

No idea where you've got £40 from.
Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 20:32 - Dec 9 with 3250 viewsCurrie10

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 20:19 - Dec 9 by Superfrans

The current £400 (or so) ST in the SBR Lower would have to drop to £300 or so, I reckon.
If Is was in charge of the club, I’d do something bold like that to help get more people in the ground and get it bouncing.

Reducing prices by 25% to keep attendances at the current level (or higher) has to be better than keeping prices the same and watching attendances fall by 25% to 7,500 or similar.

But I suspect they’ll keep prices where they are, maybe drop them by 10%, and hope that keeps attendances up. Which I very much doubt.

I think naively perhaps, our season ticket sales will be more or less the same as this in League 1. Perhaps a slight hit, I don't see it dropping to 7,000 / 8,000

Would be surprised!
Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 20:36 - Dec 9 with 3247 viewsSuperfrans

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 20:32 - Dec 9 by Currie10

I think naively perhaps, our season ticket sales will be more or less the same as this in League 1. Perhaps a slight hit, I don't see it dropping to 7,000 / 8,000

Would be surprised!

Maybe so. People may renew, thinking they’ll see us winning more in league one.

But we really are entering uncharted territory.

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 20:42 - Dec 9 with 3228 viewsCurrie10

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 20:36 - Dec 9 by Superfrans

Maybe so. People may renew, thinking they’ll see us winning more in league one.

But we really are entering uncharted territory.

If we're winning the league next season, loads will pile in.

Success is contagious in any league, any time.

Style of play wasn't an issue for Mick when 2nd December 2014 home to Charlton - over 26,000 in the ground for that one.

Hopefully we don't have to find out.....
Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 21:11 - Dec 9 with 3177 viewsElderGrizzly

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 20:19 - Dec 9 by Superfrans

With the cap on wages, it will be all about maximising revenue not necessarily about maximising attendances.
Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 22:06 - Dec 9 with 3116 viewsHorseboy

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 20:31 - Dec 9 by Currie10

Only, that's not many clubs that we charge that figure to at present.

We charge away clubs £25 still per agreement last season if their good enough to charge us the same.

Charging Wigan £25

https://www.wiganathletic.com/news/2018/november/ticket-news-latics-trip-to-ipsw

Sheffield United £30

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2018/november/ipswich-away-tickets/

No idea where you've got £40 from.

Leeds last season 35 quid for adult ticket, whole top tier of Cobbold Stand.

These opportunities are lost in league 1.
Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 23:40 - Dec 9 with 3057 viewsSuperfrans

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 20:42 - Dec 9 by Currie10

If we're winning the league next season, loads will pile in.

Success is contagious in any league, any time.

Style of play wasn't an issue for Mick when 2nd December 2014 home to Charlton - over 26,000 in the ground for that one.

Hopefully we don't have to find out.....

I’m not so sure, even if we’re running away with it.

The club will have to do a great marketing job. And we all know what their recent track record on that has been like.

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 23:44 - Dec 9 with 3050 viewsHerbivore

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 22:06 - Dec 9 by Horseboy

Leeds last season 35 quid for adult ticket, whole top tier of Cobbold Stand.

These opportunities are lost in league 1.

But that pricing was one of a handful of exceptions to the £25 pricing, and it was down to Leeds charging us more rather than us setting it higher.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 00:17 - Dec 10 with 3028 viewsm14_blue

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 23:40 - Dec 9 by Superfrans

I’m not so sure, even if we’re running away with it.

The club will have to do a great marketing job. And we all know what their recent track record on that has been like.

I think Currie’s spot on here.

If (and it’s a big if) we were near the top of the league then crowds would be big. People like watching a winning team.
Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 05:18 - Dec 10 with 2974 viewsBenters2

Why cant it be £20 lower/upper and on the same price on the gate?
Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 07:50 - Dec 10 with 2913 viewsBluebell

Have I lost 5 months of my life? Is it the end of the season?

Perhaps it would be better to get behind the team now and wait to see what happens in May next year!
on 07:53 - Dec 10 with 2906 views_

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 07:50 - Dec 10 by Bluebell

Perhaps it would be better to get behind the team now and wait to see what happens in May next year!

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 07:55 - Dec 10 with 2904 viewsSuperfrans

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 00:17 - Dec 10 by m14_blue

I think Currie’s spot on here.

If (and it’s a big if) we were near the top of the league then crowds would be big. People like watching a winning team.

I suppose the question is, what is a big crowd in League 1?

15,000? 20,000? 23,000? 26,000?

For me, I wouldn’t be surprised if we maybe get to 19,000 for 1/2 matches if we’re doijg well, but we’ll also get also sub-10,000, average around 12/13,000. All guesswork, of course. But I’m not optimistic about attendances tbh.

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 08:07 - Dec 10 with 2891 viewsm14_blue

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 07:55 - Dec 10 by Superfrans

For me, I wouldn’t be surprised if we maybe get to 19,000 for 1/2 matches if we’re doijg well, but we’ll also get also sub-10,000, average around 12/13,000. All guesswork, of course. But I’m not optimistic about attendances tbh.

I would say crowds would definitely be bigger for a team st the top of L1 than one mid table in the champ.

You’re probably not far off.

Although as BB says, let’s hope we never find out!
Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 08:48 - Dec 10 with 2856 viewsCurrie10

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 07:50 - Dec 10 by Bluebell

It's hypothetical, however I feel it's a question worth asking what people would expect / what could happen.

What a forums all for!
Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 08:52 - Dec 10 with 2849 viewsCurrie10

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 07:55 - Dec 10 by Superfrans

Locking people into season tickets is a spectacular failure of our club

https://au.soccerway.com/matches/2018/11/24/england/league-one/bradford-city-afc

Take Bradford - bottom of league 1, struggling.

Attendance19084 for their last home game, due to having over 15000 season ticket holders. We really need to find a way of securing many more - so even if the seasons a disaster, people still attend.
Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 17:40 - Dec 10 with 2767 viewsFifeITFC

I wouldn't be surprised if the club look at reducing overheads of catering staff, stewards etc by closing either/both SBR and SAR upper tiers, much like other clubs have done previously.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 17:49 - Dec 10 with 2751 viewsBenters2

Season ticket prices / matchday prices next season on 17:40 - Dec 10 by FifeITFC

I wouldn't be surprised if the club look at reducing overheads of catering staff, stewards etc by closing either/both SBR and SAR upper tiers, much like other clubs have done previously.

I doubt they will close both upper tiers.

Mind you they closed a bar in the lower N the other week didnt they.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024