Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lamberts free ride. 08:27 - Dec 2 with 11785 viewsMonkey

I don’t get it. Comments on here saying “he is a good manager”, “it’s not his fault”, “I’m giving him a free ride”. Why?

He’s a good manager - is he? He was good many years ago. His last job was to save a team from Relegation (Stoke) and he failed and got relegated with a whimper then let go. Sound familiar?

It’s not his fault - yes I agree he doesn’t have a great squad but are we really going to let him off completely as the squad isn’t great? He hasn’t won a game yet! Even with a poor squad a good manager would scrape a win somewhere, Lamberts record is appalling. If nick played midfield 3 of Skuse, Chalobah and Downes at home to Bristol City in a must win game people would lose their minds.

Giving him a free ride - To me this is accepting relegation and mediocrity. “It’s not his fault, he didn’t buy these players, let him off”. So we’re just letting him get away with not bringing any points home? Why should we accept this? It’s a small club attitude and in the championships were not a small club.

I know this will get loads of down votes as people seem to think Lambert is the messiah but he has done the same in his previous recent jobs. Talked a great game, always talking up the fans but ultimately failed on the pitch. This is no different.

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

Lamberts free ride. on 20:23 - Dec 2 with 1430 viewsTrequartista

Well absolutely, he was brought in to save the club from relegation. If his target is 0 wins because the team is so bad, we may as well have kept Hurst. I wonder what pelters Hurst would now, rightfully, be getting for the last 5 results.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Lamberts free ride. on 21:17 - Dec 2 with 1371 viewsEly_Blue

Lamberts free ride. on 17:46 - Dec 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Lovely, and how many points has all of that netted us?

At least we’ve looked like we would get more points under Lambert, youcouldnt say that in any of Hursts games even including the game we did win!

I’m not sure what point you are trying to make but you can’t seriously think we are worse off now than under Hurst, if that is the case I suggest you go visit the following website

Www.specsavers.co.uk
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 21:19]

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Lamberts free ride. on 21:23 - Dec 2 with 1363 viewsreusersfreekicks

Lamberts free ride. on 16:35 - Dec 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Because the subject was whether anyone would have done better from the 5 games Lambert has had

Do you go to games?
Lamberts free ride. on 21:26 - Dec 2 with 1359 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lamberts free ride. on 21:17 - Dec 2 by Ely_Blue

At least we’ve looked like we would get more points under Lambert, youcouldnt say that in any of Hursts games even including the game we did win!

I’m not sure what point you are trying to make but you can’t seriously think we are worse off now than under Hurst, if that is the case I suggest you go visit the following website

Www.specsavers.co.uk
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 21:19]

Cheers, but I’ll probably continue to base my views on the results we actually get, rather than the ones we might have got but didn’t

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lamberts free ride. on 21:27 - Dec 2 with 1357 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lamberts free ride. on 21:23 - Dec 2 by reusersfreekicks

Do you go to games?

Sometimes, nice try though

Lamberts free ride. on 21:32 - Dec 2 with 1352 viewsEly_Blue

Lamberts free ride. on 21:23 - Dec 2 by reusersfreekicks

Do you go to games?

I would say obviously not!

What he fails to grasp is that now PL has had to completely rebuild confidence and stability with a view to getting some decent players in come January. Unlike when MM & PJ before him there is no loan window which means he can bring in players before, there is not even the semblance of a championship team there for him to work with.

I would love to know who he thinks would have done better with the shower of Sh1t3 that PH left behind.

Lamberts free ride. on 21:39 - Dec 2 with 1341 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Lamberts free ride. on 20:23 - Dec 2 by Trequartista

Well absolutely, he was brought in to save the club from relegation. If his target is 0 wins because the team is so bad, we may as well have kept Hurst. I wonder what pelters Hurst would now, rightfully, be getting for the last 5 results.

Do you go to the games?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lamberts free ride. on 21:49 - Dec 2 with 1326 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lamberts free ride. on 21:32 - Dec 2 by Ely_Blue

What he fails to grasp is that now PL has had to completely rebuild confidence and stability with a view to getting some decent players in come January. Unlike when MM & PJ before him there is no loan window which means he can bring in players before, there is not even the semblance of a championship team there for him to work with.

I would love to know who he thinks would have done better with the shower of Sh1t3 that PH left behind.

Sorry you’re right, no one could possibly have achieved more than 2 points from 5 games, even though we were actually averaging more points than that beforehand. Silly me
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 21:50]

Login to get fewer ads

Lamberts free ride. on 22:12 - Dec 2 with 1299 viewsEly_Blue

Lamberts free ride. on 21:49 - Dec 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Sorry you’re right, no one could possibly have achieved more than 2 points from 5 games, even though we were actually averaging more points than that beforehand. Silly me
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 21:50]

You still never answered my question, who do you think would have got better results in those games with the shower of sh1t3 we age for a team?

Lamberts free ride. on 22:12 - Dec 2 with 1298 viewsBlueNode

Lamberts free ride. on 21:32 - Dec 2 by Ely_Blue

MM took over on 1st Nov 2012 and his tenure saw an end to the 12 game winless streak. He also didn't have a transfer or loan window.

His fist 10 results were

W L W L D W W W L D

so at a similar point as Lambert he had accumulated 7 points versus the 2 of Lambert.

In fact, Lambert also has no chance of bettering MM record after 10 games too.

MM was loudly acclaimed to have saved us from relegation.

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

Lamberts free ride. on 22:20 - Dec 2 with 1279 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Lamberts free ride. on 22:12 - Dec 2 by BlueNode

MM took over on 1st Nov 2012 and his tenure saw an end to the 12 game winless streak. He also didn't have a transfer or loan window.

His fist 10 results were

W L W L D W W W L D

so at a similar point as Lambert he had accumulated 7 points versus the 2 of Lambert.

Mick McCarthy's first game included players such as: Carlos Edwards, Aaron Cresswell, N'Daw,, DJ Campbell, Daryl Murphy. Not a great team but at least there are two strikers there who knew where the back of the net was, as DJ Campbell proved on the day and continued to prove constantly throughout getting us out of the mess. We don't have a goalscorer!! Jackson missed 2 terrible chances on Saturday, I'd put my life on Daryl Murphy finishing the header! But the current squad is of no fault of Lambert. Mick inherited a better squad.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lamberts free ride. on 22:24 - Dec 2 with 1271 viewsEly_Blue

Lamberts free ride. on 22:12 - Dec 2 by BlueNode

His fist 10 results were

W L W L D W W W L D

MM was able to bring in loan players and he had players of a much better quality than PL has been left with.

Do keep up, you are comparing apples with bananas

Lamberts free ride. on 22:26 - Dec 2 with 1270 viewsBlueNode

Lamberts free ride. on 22:20 - Dec 2 by TheTrueBlue1878

Mick McCarthy's first game included players such as: Carlos Edwards, Aaron Cresswell, N'Daw,, DJ Campbell, Daryl Murphy. Not a great team but at least there are two strikers there who knew where the back of the net was, as DJ Campbell proved on the day and continued to prove constantly throughout getting us out of the mess. We don't have a goalscorer!! Jackson missed 2 terrible chances on Saturday, I'd put my life on Daryl Murphy finishing the header! But the current squad is of no fault of Lambert. Mick inherited a better squad.

I agree, it was just the comment that MM had a loan/transfer window to aid him.

He didn't and in a results based industry MM did achieve where his predecessor, PJ, had failed miserably with the same squad.

Edit in response to above.... both MM and PL had/have the opportunity of January window to add to squad, so MM has not had that advantage over PL.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 22:51]

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024