Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Having to sit this one out. 10:07 - Nov 3 with 1843 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Due to a rather serious injury I am unable to attend today, basically my back has conceded and given up on me...

I am prepared to sit at home on my heavy medication and tune in... but which method is best?

Radio Suffolk + Soccer Saturday

Trawl the internet for a streaming feed.

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Having to sit this one out. on 10:27 - Nov 3 with 1785 viewsKeno

Hope you ok?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Having to sit this one out. on 10:40 - Nov 3 with 1764 viewslowhouseblue

ouch. radio suffolk every time. with your eyes closed and your medication kicking in you can drift back to times when were good - the sound and rhythm of radio commentary is unchanging and therefore nostalgic.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Having to sit this one out. on 10:44 - Nov 3 with 1753 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Having to sit this one out. on 10:27 - Nov 3 by Keno

Hope you ok?

I will be, in time, had a bit of a problematic back for about 5 years but Saturday (I was on holiday) I woke with a start and managed to jar/pull a lot of muscles in my back, combined with disc movement and L3 L4 L5 damage... added to this the nerves have been crushed (old injury) meaning my leg isn’t really working properly... bit of a sh!tty week all in all... could be ok come Monday, could be weeks...

I am 38 in a couple of weeks but am walking like I am 78!!!!

I’ve kept it all off Facebook, as I don’t like that kind of thing, strangely I feel this is a safer forum for such chats

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue

Having to sit this one out. on 10:53 - Nov 3 with 1726 viewsKeno

Having to sit this one out. on 10:44 - Nov 3 by BaltachaFanClub

I will be, in time, had a bit of a problematic back for about 5 years but Saturday (I was on holiday) I woke with a start and managed to jar/pull a lot of muscles in my back, combined with disc movement and L3 L4 L5 damage... added to this the nerves have been crushed (old injury) meaning my leg isn’t really working properly... bit of a sh!tty week all in all... could be ok come Monday, could be weeks...

I’ve kept it all off Facebook, as I don’t like that kind of thing, strangely I feel this is a safer forum for such chats

OUCH!!!

sounds painful

I cant understand what you mean, you'll end up with someone like Mullry offering to manipulate you

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Having to sit this one out. on 11:09 - Nov 3 with 1692 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Having to sit this one out. on 10:53 - Nov 3 by Keno

OUCH!!!

sounds painful

I cant understand what you mean, you'll end up with someone like Mullry offering to manipulate you

It was always coming, having lead a silly life, 2 car accidents, a quad bike accident and multiple sporting injuries...

It’s probably why Town didn’t give me the job too...

A days re-evaluation of my lifestyle is ahead!

Having to sit this one out. on 11:15 - Nov 3 with 1669 viewsGeoffSentence

Part-timer.

Actually I feel for you man, the worst pain I have ever experienced was when my back went.

Radio Suffolk is your man.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Having to sit this one out. on 11:30 - Nov 3 with 1639 viewsPositivelyPortman

Having to sit this one out. on 10:44 - Nov 3 by BaltachaFanClub

Hope you’re feeling better soon.
Any back problems are really debilitating aren’t they?
A win this afternoon would help greatly I’m sure. 👍

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Having to sit this one out. on 11:37 - Nov 3 with 1609 viewsfloridaboy

Really wish you well. My wife suffers from back issues. Basically picking up a tee towel off the floor can cause issues.

Be careful and don't too excited today!!
Login to get fewer ads

Having to sit this one out. on 11:39 - Nov 3 with 1602 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Having to sit this one out. on 11:15 - Nov 3 by GeoffSentence

Part-timer.

Actually I feel for you man, the worst pain I have ever experienced was when my back went.

Radio Suffolk is your man.

Cheers,

Missing games hurts as much as most injuries... but not being able to walk really won this time!

My aim is to be back for the WBA game, it is, afterall, my birthday weekend !!

Having to sit this one out. on 11:39 - Nov 3 with 1593 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Having to sit this one out. on 11:30 - Nov 3 by PositivelyPortman

Hope you’re feeling better soon.
Any back problems are really debilitating aren’t they?
A win this afternoon would help greatly I’m sure. 👍

Cheers,

Let’s hope for a victory, however it comes

Having to sit this one out. on 11:40 - Nov 3 with 1587 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Having to sit this one out. on 11:37 - Nov 3 by floridaboy

Really wish you well. My wife suffers from back issues. Basically picking up a tee towel off the floor can cause issues.

Be careful and don't too excited today!!

Kayden Jackson Hat-Trick and I am off to hospital I reckon

Having to sit this one out. on 11:53 - Nov 3 with 1561 viewshoppy

Sorry to hear that mate... hope all gets sorted ok and hope to see you back at the West Brom game!

On the plus side, KJ is coming today, for her first game since the Norwich game as she came out of hospital this week. Hopefully a win for you to hear and her to see!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Having to sit this one out. on 11:56 - Nov 3 with 1548 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Having to sit this one out. on 11:53 - Nov 3 by hoppy

Sorry to hear that mate... hope all gets sorted ok and hope to see you back at the West Brom game!

On the plus side, KJ is coming today, for her first game since the Norwich game as she came out of hospital this week. Hopefully a win for you to hear and her to see!

I hope to buy you that elusive beer at WBA game!!

Glad to hear KJ is out and going to the match, she can do my shouting for me!

It’s going to be a strange day, sitting by the radio, but FM19 is taking my time up at the moment, and hopefully I will have some positive listening material!

Having to sit this one out. on 11:57 - Nov 3 with 1542 viewsRyorry

Having to sit this one out. on 11:39 - Nov 3 by BaltachaFanClub

Cheers,

Missing games hurts as much as most injuries... but not being able to walk really won this time!

My aim is to be back for the WBA game, it is, afterall, my birthday weekend !!

So sorry to hear this. Mine went age 22 but when MRI scanning came in years later it was found to be congenital (abnormally narrow spinal canal). When medical treatment couldn't help, I found meditation good for managing pain (imagine the colour of your pain, then changing it etc). Rest lying flat is best healer for me , plus alternate hot & cold, as much as you can without burning yourself for a few seconds each & finishing off with warm, either in shower or via hot/cold packs, or flannels. Promotes circulation, which speeds up healing. Fingers crossed for you!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Having to sit this one out. on 12:52 - Nov 3 with 1447 viewsfloridaboy

Having to sit this one out. on 11:40 - Nov 3 by BaltachaFanClub

Kayden Jackson Hat-Trick and I am off to hospital I reckon

Jackson hat trick and I will take you to the hospital!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024