Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... 11:50 - Oct 23 with 1259 viewsBinner

In six months we have gone from being competitive, "punching above our weight" according to some, to now being probably the worst Championship side I've seen in years.

From having a squad of decent players who know the championship to having a rabble who don't know each other.

From having a tactical plan, albeit a pragmatic one of containment, to now being clueless and directionless.

From having faint hopes of perhaps making the top six to now having faint hopes of perhaps making the top 21.

Hurst has already "turned things round" and we are now facing oblivion.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 11:52 - Oct 23 with 1240 viewsartsbossbeard

Is this where someone posts "be careful what you wish for?"

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 11:57 - Oct 23 with 1219 viewsBinner

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 11:52 - Oct 23 by artsbossbeard

Is this where someone posts "be careful what you wish for?"

They can post that if they think it is apt. We now have to try to move forward from where we are; not from where we were six months ago.

Where we are is that we now have a squad full of players who aren't up to the job and they have new three year contracts.

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 11:57 - Oct 23 with 1213 viewsGarv

Can't argue with what you've said about the current situation but you're giving a lot of credit to our side last season. The second half the season was bad. Hopes of making the top six? We went 5 home games without a goal at one stage.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 12:00 - Oct 23 with 1193 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 11:57 - Oct 23 by Binner

They can post that if they think it is apt. We now have to try to move forward from where we are; not from where we were six months ago.

Where we are is that we now have a squad full of players who aren't up to the job and they have new three year contracts.

I agree with your first sentiment but holding fire on the second one.

It is clear the tactics are wrong and things are not working on the pitch. I think last season's squad would look as bad as this if they were sent out to play how we are now. There is promise in Jackson, Dozzell, Chalobah and Edwards (and possibly Harrison and Lankester/Folami). With the right management and tactics I think the personnel should be good enough for this division.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 12:07 - Oct 23 with 1169 viewsBinner

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 11:57 - Oct 23 by Garv

Can't argue with what you've said about the current situation but you're giving a lot of credit to our side last season. The second half the season was bad. Hopes of making the top six? We went 5 home games without a goal at one stage.

Until spring, we were never far adrift from a playoff push and we finished comfortably in mid-table. That is creditworthy given our resounces.

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 12:09 - Oct 23 with 1149 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 12:07 - Oct 23 by Binner

Until spring, we were never far adrift from a playoff push and we finished comfortably in mid-table. That is creditworthy given our resounces.

It also shows the quality of Bart, Chambers, Knudsen, Skuse and Sears who were the backbone of that team. We have not been able to replace Waghorn and that is a big miss. However, we must be able to more with what we have got than we currently are.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 12:10 - Oct 23 with 1143 viewsBinner

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 12:00 - Oct 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

I agree with your first sentiment but holding fire on the second one.

It is clear the tactics are wrong and things are not working on the pitch. I think last season's squad would look as bad as this if they were sent out to play how we are now. There is promise in Jackson, Dozzell, Chalobah and Edwards (and possibly Harrison and Lankester/Folami). With the right management and tactics I think the personnel should be good enough for this division.

Could be so. Personally I would prefer to give Harrison a run ahead of Jackson (barring injury) but I don't think either are up to it.

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 12:21 - Oct 23 with 1099 viewsHerbivore

He's already shown he can turn us around, strikes me he's the right man for the job.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 12:23 - Oct 23 with 1087 viewsBinner

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 12:21 - Oct 23 by Herbivore

He's already shown he can turn us around, strikes me he's the right man for the job.

Not too fast, though. Don't want them dizzy ahead of the game.

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 12:30 - Oct 23 with 1045 viewsFrimleyBlue

erm what?

the guy can't even understand why we're known as being rock bottom of the championship, when we are rock bottom of the championship

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 12:33 - Oct 23 with 1025 viewsBinner

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 12:30 - Oct 23 by FrimleyBlue

erm what?

the guy can't even understand why we're known as being rock bottom of the championship, when we are rock bottom of the championship

He's being ironic. Hurst has turned things round from being competitive to being very poor.

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 12:34 - Oct 23 with 1018 viewsFrimleyBlue

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 12:33 - Oct 23 by Binner

He's being ironic. Hurst has turned things round from being competitive to being very poor.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Those Who Think Hurst Can "Turn Things Round"... on 12:35 - Oct 23 with 1013 viewsfooters

From where we are, I have complete confidence that Hurst can turn us round 360 degrees ;)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024