Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers 08:23 - Sep 28 with 24119 viewsBrixtonBlue

A genuine mistake I'm sure, but certainly something those spreading rumours of disharmony need to have an answer for.

When Hurst said, “When I say things people can always think, ‘He’s only just saying that’ or whatever, so I prefer it when other people perhaps speak about things like that,” Phil preceded that by saying he was talking about the strength in depth of the squad.

He wasn't. He was talking about the mood in the camp and squad harmony.

This is what was said right before that, by Stuart Watson;

"Dean Gerken has just been in here, joking aside, saying how great the mood is in the camp and he's been here a long time and he's saying, you know, it's up there with the best it's ever been and very bubbly, speaking very genuinely about the music's always on, you know, through the week it's always good..."

This rather flies in the face of what people have been saying about players being upset, Hurst being dictatorial, Doig offering people outside etc.

Could it be one or two rumblings have been exaggerated through Chinese whispers somewhat?

People may well have, "heard stuff from within the club," but even that can be wrong. We've all worked in offices, I'm sure, where rumours have been flying round and they're total bowlocks. Frankly it's irresponsible and damaging to the club to be spreading this stuff. What purpose does it serve (other than people thinking it makes them look good being 'in the know')?

It's interesting that there's been pages and pages about the so-called problems, yet this bit I've posted above I haven't seen mentioned by anyone, not even Phil.

Some of the 'support' for this club I see on here is baffling at times (again, not a dig at Phil who I'm sure made a genuine mistake).

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 23:02 - Sep 28 with 2480 viewsLankHenners

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 22:54 - Sep 28 by BrixtonBlue

That's Hurst's follow up, talking about what another player said.

And? You were arguing that 'best we've ever had' wasn't about squad depth and the quote you provided yourself proves you wrong.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 23:02 - Sep 28 with 2476 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 22:09 - Sep 28 by Bogblue

Because Hurst immediatly goes on to discuss strength in depth, the convo isn't just one-way.

I meant the *misinterpretation* is very slight, not the situation of squad harmony or disharmony.
Nobody's disputing Gerken's comment that the mood is generally bubbly are they?

What you could have picked up which would have been more worthwhile is the bit about whether the sqad are able to carry the bubbly mood through to match days, because what emerges from that bit of the interview is that atm, it isn't

Yes Hurst does discuss strength in depth - as ANOTHER thing he's glad others have talked about, not just him.

Have you listened to the bit above where I say his tone changes? It's because he's adding a further point. He's adding squad depth to the squad harmony point.

"Nobody's disputing Gerken's comment that the mood is generally bubbly are they?"

They certainly are! Have you read the rest of the thread? Phil says Hurst is clarifying what Gerken said. He's not, he's adding to it by saying, "not only is the squad mood good but the strength in depth is too... and I'm glad other people are saying both these things because you might not believe it if it was just me saying it."

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 23:04 - Sep 28 with 2465 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 22:29 - Sep 28 by Bogblue

I got "they feel, strength in depth, it's the best squad we've had"

and just before that (26.17) "they think it's the best *squad* that we've had (Hurst's emphasis which again makes his meaning clear).

Perhaps Brixton should get his ears checked!

But I'm talking about what Gerken said, not what Hurst said in his follow up.

My hearing's fine. I have listed everything everyone said... including the bits you've just quoted.

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 23:10 - Sep 28 with 2454 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 23:02 - Sep 28 by LankHenners

And? You were arguing that 'best we've ever had' wasn't about squad depth and the quote you provided yourself proves you wrong.

No I wasn't. Are you wilfully misrepresenting what I've said?

GERKEN said: "the best it's ever been" referring to the mood in the camp.

HURST said: "I’ve had a player say to me that they think it’s the best squad that we’ve had" referring to squad depth (and a different player saying that).

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 23:27 - Sep 28 with 2419 viewsLankHenners

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 23:10 - Sep 28 by BrixtonBlue

No I wasn't. Are you wilfully misrepresenting what I've said?

GERKEN said: "the best it's ever been" referring to the mood in the camp.

HURST said: "I’ve had a player say to me that they think it’s the best squad that we’ve had" referring to squad depth (and a different player saying that).

If I've misrepresented you it's because of your ambiguity as to what your exact gripe is here.

Not to split hairs but, as you pointed out, he said 'up there with the best', and a player's hardly going to come out in front of the camera and say 'it's sh!t, we don't like him' etc.

Phil's reporting was accurate, several other people agree with him and yet once again you believe you must be right.

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 23:30 - Sep 28 with 2410 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 23:27 - Sep 28 by LankHenners

If I've misrepresented you it's because of your ambiguity as to what your exact gripe is here.

Not to split hairs but, as you pointed out, he said 'up there with the best', and a player's hardly going to come out in front of the camera and say 'it's sh!t, we don't like him' etc.

Phil's reporting was accurate, several other people agree with him and yet once again you believe you must be right.

I'm done.

I've spelt it out.

There's no ambiguity as to what my gripe is.

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 23:39 - Sep 28 with 2401 viewsBogblue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 23:04 - Sep 28 by BrixtonBlue

But I'm talking about what Gerken said, not what Hurst said in his follow up.

My hearing's fine. I have listed everything everyone said... including the bits you've just quoted.

OK, look, I understand your point but think it would be more profitable to focus on what came out at a tangent from the mood in the camp thing, and that's whether the mood during the week or on training days is being carried through onto match days which Watson implied it wasnt being. And if not why not
Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 00:40 - Sep 29 with 2367 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 23:39 - Sep 28 by Bogblue

OK, look, I understand your point but think it would be more profitable to focus on what came out at a tangent from the mood in the camp thing, and that's whether the mood during the week or on training days is being carried through onto match days which Watson implied it wasnt being. And if not why not

Oh absolutely. All that really matters right now is how we get that first win.

Login to get fewer ads

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 12:46 - Sep 29 with 2252 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:37 - Sep 28 by Bogblue

Phil has clarified, so I think you should apologise & edit your headline tbh

Phil has written a story today showing my version was correct - Gerken WAS talking about squad harmony not depth.

I'll wait patiently for YOUR apology shall I?

And everyone else in this thread that didn't believe me. Including Phil.

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 12:51 - Sep 29 with 2246 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 10:50 - Sep 28 by PhilTWTD

In the full quote PH clarifies, saying the player meant in terms of strength in depth.

"I’ve had a player say to me that they think it’s the best squad that we’ve had. Again, straight away I know people will say we haven’t got Martyn Waghorn, we haven’t got Adam Webster or Joe Garner and I’m not going to comment on that but they feel that in terms of strength in depth it’s the best squad we’ve had."

So Phil, your story today shows the player meant squad harmony - as I said - not strength in depth as you've said here.

Anything to add?

An apology from the below would be nice too...

SomethingBlue
HarryfromBath
Bogblue
jeera
clive_baker
C_HealyIsAPleasure
Libero

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 12:58 - Sep 29 with 2229 viewsBenters2

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 12:51 - Sep 29 by BrixtonBlue

So Phil, your story today shows the player meant squad harmony - as I said - not strength in depth as you've said here.

Anything to add?

SomethingBlue
HarryfromBath
Bogblue
jeera
clive_baker
C_HealyIsAPleasure
Libero

I dont like seeing that list to be honest.

Are you ok?

Perhaps you need some sherbet or a bottle of posh lager you lot drink in the smoke?
Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:06 - Sep 29 with 2212 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 12:58 - Sep 29 by Benters2

I dont like seeing that list to be honest.

Are you ok?

Perhaps you need some sherbet or a bottle of posh lager you lot drink in the smoke?

Why don't you like seeing that list Benters? Don't like to see people disagreeing with me? That's fine, but thanks for your concern.

I drink posh water these days, not lager.

We had lunch in a fancy restaurant yesterday that cost £46 (and obviously didn't include alcohol). I bet you hate that.

Mine was a fancy kebab... so you can go around saying Dollers eats £50 doner kebabs now!

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:09 - Sep 29 with 2203 viewsgiant_stow

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 12:51 - Sep 29 by BrixtonBlue

Anything to add?

SomethingBlue
HarryfromBath
Bogblue
jeera
clive_baker
C_HealyIsAPleasure
Libero

Maybe Phil changed it to be nice to you? Duty of care and all that...

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:11 - Sep 29 with 2196 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:09 - Sep 29 by giant_stow

Maybe Phil changed it to be nice to you? Duty of care and all that...

Perhaps. Us baldies like to stick together.

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:16 - Sep 29 with 2184 viewsSomethingBlue

Anything to add?

SomethingBlue
HarryfromBath
Bogblue
jeera
clive_baker
C_HealyIsAPleasure
Libero

Think if anything an apology is still due to Phil for the title of this thread, so I'll pass.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:20 - Sep 29 with 2172 viewshorsehollerer

What a disgustingly disrespectful thread. Maybe you should take a few days away from here, after you've apologised to Phil?

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:21 - Sep 29 with 2167 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:16 - Sep 29 by SomethingBlue

Think if anything an apology is still due to Phil for the title of this thread, so I'll pass.

Even though it's been proved correct? Proved correct by Phil himself in actual fact!

You're normally one of the sensible ones on here Something. Surprised you can't man up and admit you were wrong.

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:25 - Sep 29 with 2159 viewsLankHenners

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:21 - Sep 29 by BrixtonBlue

Even though it's been proved correct? Proved correct by Phil himself in actual fact!

You're normally one of the sensible ones on here Something. Surprised you can't man up and admit you were wrong.

Regardless of who’s in the right in this case, being rude and acting like a petulant child isn’t going to get people on your side.

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:27 - Sep 29 with 2147 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:20 - Sep 29 by horsehollerer

What a disgustingly disrespectful thread. Maybe you should take a few days away from here, after you've apologised to Phil?

Let's not let the facts get in the way shall we?

If Phil wants to ban me for saying I think he made a genuine error he's perfectly entitled to. It's his website and he does an excellent job. But I won't apologise when all I'm doing is showing I care how my club is represented.

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:30 - Sep 29 with 2140 viewsSomethingBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:21 - Sep 29 by BrixtonBlue

You are completely missing the point here.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:50 - Sep 29 with 2083 viewsBogblue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 12:46 - Sep 29 by BrixtonBlue

Phil has written a story today showing my version was correct - Gerken WAS talking about squad harmony not depth.

I'll wait patiently for YOUR apology shall I?

And everyone else in this thread that didn't believe me. Including Phil.

"Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 23:39 - Sep 28 by Bogblue

OK, look, I understand your point but think it would be more profitable to focus on what came out at a tangent from the mood in the camp thing, and that's whether the mood during the week or on training days is being carried through onto match days which Watson implied it wasnt being. And if not why not "

Throughout, I spelled out that I thought it was all *slight* variance in interpretation. You are coming across like a petulant child in your tone
Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:58 - Sep 29 with 2056 viewsBenters2

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:20 - Sep 29 by horsehollerer

I make you right
Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 14:02 - Sep 29 with 2052 viewsPhilTWTD

Anything to add?

SomethingBlue
HarryfromBath
Bogblue
jeera
clive_baker
C_HealyIsAPleasure
Libero

Just that you're still misunderstanding what was said. The player PH was referring to wasn't Gerken, or at least if it was he deliberately didn't specify that it was. PH hadn't heard what DG had said to us incidentally.
Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 14:42 - Sep 29 with 2309 viewsLord_Lucan

I think this thread is funny.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 14:46 - Sep 29 with 2302 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:25 - Sep 29 by LankHenners

Regardless of who’s in the right in this case, being rude and acting like a petulant child isn’t going to get people on your side.

Don't think I've acted either petulant or like a child, but there you go. Everyone will have their own opinion.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024