Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you want the softest possible Brexit, vote Labour.... 16:20 - Sep 27 with 11494 viewschicoazul

...in the forthcoming election (probably before Xmas btw, friends).

Simply put, the Maximum Leader and his cohort are such a bunch of absolute melts that they will, in effect, do what the EU tell them to. They have never negotiated anything more difficult than Islington council parking regulations or the rates to hire Hackney town hall so faced with Barnier they will simply end up accepting exactly what the EU want to give them. Since the EU want us to remain a key partner on economics, taxation, security, capital & people movement and egalitarianism this will be a straight forward agreement.

There are of course risks to this course, significant among them being that the Maximum Leader will himself be quickly stood down from his position by the Communist arrivistes headed by Seamus Milne. Swings and roundabouts.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If you want the softest possible Brexit, vote Labour.... on 09:10 - Sep 29 with 494 viewsjjblue84

If you want the softest possible Brexit, vote Labour.... on 06:45 - Sep 29 by tcblue

Even the softest Brexit requires a border for NI and so will lead to the breakup of the UK, because the Good Friday Agreement was built on the notion that nationalism was a bit old hat, we are all EU citizens.

The minute that spell breaks, Nationalists and Unionists resume hostilities (worst case), or before that happens, NI secedes (best case). That's why NI, despite being arguably one of the poorer areas, broke with the trend of poor area voting and wanted to Remain, as despite the majority being Unionists, they understood a political problem that our government had somehow not thought of.

So, Cameron, Corbyn, Boris et al have wrecked the UK. Rule Britannia.

I wonder if the people of NI would agree with you that their country is ‘old hat’??
If you want the softest possible Brexit, vote Labour.... on 09:20 - Sep 29 with 483 viewstcblue

If you want the softest possible Brexit, vote Labour.... on 09:10 - Sep 29 by jjblue84

I wonder if the people of NI would agree with you that their country is ‘old hat’??

Did you even read my post?

That's not what I wrote
If you want the softest possible Brexit, vote Labour.... on 09:54 - Sep 29 with 462 viewsjjblue84

If you want the softest possible Brexit, vote Labour.... on 09:20 - Sep 29 by tcblue

Did you even read my post?

That's not what I wrote

I’ve read it again, and agree it wasn’t what you said. Apologies!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024