Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. 09:40 - Sep 17 with 2933 viewsskyblue23

Things have got off to a slow start and it isn't going to plan so far, that's obvious. Paul Hurst in all of his press conferences comes across very well and every time I watch he fills me with confidence, only to be let down on match day. I do still believe this will come good, although it's getting tougher to defend him as time goes on.

Mick McCarthy going in my opinion is still the right decision and I don't think much will change my mind on that, however if Paul Hurst was the right choice is yet to be seen. I personally wanted George Burley but as soon as I heard Hurst was confirmed I was over the moon, more so than I would have been if Jack Ross or Lampard would have been brought in.

Brentford tomorrow is probably going to be our toughest game so far and I fear the attendance and atmosphere won't help with the game being on the red button and the results we've had, but I can't help but feel a win is going to come from somewhere and why not cause an upset to kick start the season? As Hurst has said himself nobody has gone out and done a job on us, we've been in every game. At some point surely our luck will change and we'll bang in 3 and win the game, but at the same time we have to have shots on target for that to happen!

Come on Ipswich, let's get up for two home games and bring back 4/6 points to get this season back on track!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 09:42 - Sep 17 with 2915 viewsFrimleyBlue

Out of interest, what is it he says that fills you with confidence?

Genuine question...

I only ask because I don't see much change in his press conferences.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 09:53 - Sep 17 with 2880 viewsskyblue23

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 09:42 - Sep 17 by FrimleyBlue

Genuine question...

The Dozzell comments the other day I completely agreed with, I know you didn't but personally I thought he was spot on with the pedestal quote.

Also from the previous few seasons we could win a game or two but as soon as we lost one it went toxic. I think he controls that very well and lifts the spirits again. Like I wrote in the post he said nobody has played us off the park and we've been in every game. I know Hull was bad on Saturday but his presser is today so we'll see with that, but he talks a good game and seems to have a good understanding of whats not going right and isn't afraid to say it how it is, the only issue being he hasn't been able to rectify it on the pitch yet.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 10:12 - Sep 17 with 2818 viewsGarv

It's a worry for me that we've not yet really scored a good goal. Edwards on the first day, maybe. Since then it's been cross shots, deflections, second balls headed back into the box. If I'm completely honest I cringe a little when PH talks about being unlucky and conceding deflected goals etc, he needs to look at the quality we're bringing to the table, not necessarily the opposition.

We haven't seen enough yet to suggest we've got the quality to bang a few goals in in a short period of time.

But I agree, I think it will come good. Brentford is the type of game Ipswich get a result out of after a bad run.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 10:24 - Sep 17 with 2783 viewsBenters2

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 09:42 - Sep 17 by FrimleyBlue

Genuine question...

PH always looks a worried man to me.
Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 10:26 - Sep 17 with 2772 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 10:24 - Sep 17 by Benters2

PH always looks a worried man to me.

I Genuinely feel as if he doesn't know how to solve the current issue.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but has he ever been in this position let alone in this position in this league.

I know he took on clubs at the bottom.... but this is his side not taking on someone else's.

Waka waka eh eh

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 10:31 - Sep 17 with 2752 viewsskyblue23

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 10:26 - Sep 17 by FrimleyBlue

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but has he ever been in this position let alone in this position in this league.

I know he took on clubs at the bottom.... but this is his side not taking on someone else's.

I have no idea but I don't think so. Like I said I don't know if he is the right appointment although I was happy when they announced him. Personally don't think Ross, Lampard, Gerrard or many other people would have done any better without a load of money being injected into the squad. That's why I wanted Burley as he only went wrong when he was given money and always looked to promote from the academy.

I definitely wouldn't ever want McCarthy back but I also understand Hurst time is getting harder and harder to back up when they can't put a performance in against a poor Hull side.

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 10:32 - Sep 17 with 2749 viewsBenters2

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 10:26 - Sep 17 by FrimleyBlue

I honestly feel we will be in or around the bottom 3 all season!

Far too many changes were made.
Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 10:44 - Sep 17 with 2710 viewslegal_blue

We have to give Hurst the time to get it right. If we sacked him now, we will get another MM figure who will do whatever it takes to keep us up, which will be a return to boring football, tired journeymen signings and absolutely no perspective beyond survival.

The Hurst way, if you will, is one where attractive football, and developing talent from the lower leagues, and yes, our academy, is the way forward.

And don't forget, we've tried the celebrity option (Keane), the track-record option (Jewell) and the hoof-ball safety first option (MM). I don't ever want to go back to any of those.

Hurst will get it right. Give him time.
Login to get fewer ads

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 10:51 - Sep 17 with 2681 viewsPositivelyPortman

Genuine question...

Don’t get hooked folks.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 11:20 - Sep 17 with 2618 viewsNo9

Any new manager at any club needs time e.g. Klopp at Liverpool was not an oovernight success, it is taking time.

PH has made his bed and must lay in it - it was mainly his players in the starting line up. Now he has gone back to the MM route of journeymen on loan.

What has happened in a short time to change his mind?
Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 11:25 - Sep 17 with 2609 viewsDanTheMan

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 11:20 - Sep 17 by No9

Any new manager at any club needs time e.g. Klopp at Liverpool was not an oovernight success, it is taking time.

PH has made his bed and must lay in it - it was mainly his players in the starting line up. Now he has gone back to the MM route of journeymen on loan.

What has happened in a short time to change his mind?

"What has happened in a short time to change his mind?"

Might be we haven't won a game.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 11:28 - Sep 17 with 2600 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 11:25 - Sep 17 by DanTheMan

"What has happened in a short time to change his mind?"

Might be we haven't won a game.

Also realised that the championship is not a league where you can fill it with kids or untried youngsters at this level and succeed.

Waka waka eh eh

Not that it counts for much, but here's my opinion so far.. on 11:40 - Sep 17 with 2563 viewsartsbossbeard

I liken things to when you go for an interview and you're asked "what can you bring to the company?" and you tell the interviewer that through your own experience, you're not bothered about making the big decisions and sometimes having to stir up a hornets nest to get the required changes done.

On day 1 you get in and you realise that there's some decent guys here already who are maybe a bit battle worn but clued up and these changes that you've promised to those further up the chain aren't as deliverable as you'd pointed out in your interview. You then look to bring in your own guys, who you know you can mould a bit to your way of thinking but at the end of the day, the results just ain't happening.

Some paper pusher from downtown starts to get involved and points out that KPI's aren't being met and panic starts to set in to deliver at least something. The changes agreed take a back seat and you end up in exactly or a worse position that we you started. With extra mouths to feed.

I have another analogy based around swapping out your girlfriend for a younger version but I'll save that for later.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024