Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum 13:59 - Sep 16 with 9911 viewsimsureazzure

Have voted leave if they believed house prices would fall by 30%?
Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:01 - Sep 16 with 3909 viewsJ2BLUE

Surely given the demographics of leave voters the opposite would be a much better question as they have the majority of the assets.

Does anyone really believe they will fall 30% and if they do, that it will all be down to Brexit?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:03 - Sep 16 with 3896 viewsfooters

Sure. It would be the Daily Mail's ultimate nightmare.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:04 - Sep 16 with 3883 viewsimsureazzure

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:01 - Sep 16 by J2BLUE

Surely given the demographics of leave voters the opposite would be a much better question as they have the majority of the assets.

Does anyone really believe they will fall 30% and if they do, that it will all be down to Brexit?

This rather important chap does.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45516678

I think it would be a great thing, it is strange that the country celebrates people being unable to afford a home.
Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:05 - Sep 16 with 3860 viewsJ2BLUE

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:04 - Sep 16 by imsureazzure

I think it would be a great thing, it is strange that the country celebrates people being unable to afford a home.

I like Carney but he has pretty much predicted the decline of everything since the vote.

Truly impaired.

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:07 - Sep 16 with 3854 viewsimsureazzure

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:05 - Sep 16 by J2BLUE

I like Carney but he has pretty much predicted the decline of everything since the vote.

So it is a good thing, my son and daughter will be able to afford a their own home, thank goodness for us vote leavers.
Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:07 - Sep 16 with 3850 viewsfooters

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:05 - Sep 16 by J2BLUE

Bankers aren't typically optimistic people, J2! That and the fact that most can see what leaving the world's most affluent trading block will do to a nation. Ho hum.

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:08 - Sep 16 with 3842 viewsJ2BLUE

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:07 - Sep 16 by imsureazzure

So it is a good thing, my son and daughter will be able to afford a their own home, thank goodness for us vote leavers.

If it happens. Which it probably won't because we'll either stay or have some sort of deal where things pretty much go on as normal.

Truly impaired.

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:10 - Sep 16 with 3829 viewsjeera

Unless you're sitting on a portfolio of property, it's pretty much irrelevant how much your home is 'worth' to others.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:13 - Sep 16 with 3806 viewsronnyd

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:04 - Sep 16 by imsureazzure

Carney actively campaigned as as a remain supporter so was, to a degree, a part of the project fear up to and beyond the referendum. The shot answer is that we don,t really know what the hell is going to happen and there are so many takes on the subject.
Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:13 - Sep 16 with 3801 viewsJ2BLUE

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:10 - Sep 16 by jeera

Unless you're sitting on a portfolio of property, it's pretty much irrelevant how much your home is 'worth' to others.

Agreed. I assume if the price of my flat falls, the price of other properties will fall in line with figure so who really cares?

A flat identical to mine recently sold for 49% more than I paid for mine. Would a fall be down to Brexit or just a natural correction perhaps brought about sooner by Brexit?

Truly impaired.

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:18 - Sep 16 with 3779 viewsHerbivore

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:10 - Sep 16 by jeera

I guess it matters if you end up in negative equity and need to move or remortgage. A 30% fall would put a good amount of people in negative equity.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:20 - Sep 16 with 3775 viewsfooters

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:13 - Sep 16 by ronnyd

Carney actively campaigned as as a remain supporter so was, to a degree, a part of the project fear up to and beyond the referendum. The shot answer is that we don,t really know what the hell is going to happen and there are so many takes on the subject.

Carney didn't 'actively campaign' for Remain. The governor of the BoE and the BoE itself is impartial. Stating the bleeding obvious that Brexit will be financial suicide isn't 'Project Fear'- a label used to discredit anything Leave voters don't like.

One thing I will predict is that there will be no sunlit Brexit uplands.

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:27 - Sep 16 with 3733 viewsimsureazzure

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:20 - Sep 16 by footers

Carney didn't 'actively campaign' for Remain. The governor of the BoE and the BoE itself is impartial. Stating the bleeding obvious that Brexit will be financial suicide isn't 'Project Fear'- a label used to discredit anything Leave voters don't like.

One thing I will predict is that there will be no sunlit Brexit uplands.

Strange that Michael Foot, when in Wilsons cabinet campaigned to not join the EEC.
Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:31 - Sep 16 with 3706 viewsfooters

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:27 - Sep 16 by imsureazzure

Strange that Michael Foot, when in Wilsons cabinet campaigned to not join the EEC.

I'm not Michael Foot.

My views on Europe are a bit more complicated than Leave/Remain. I would have actually pushed for a 'radical remain'- the only thing I agree with David Cameron about- to push through changes in Europe. Obviously mine would have been a bit different to Cameron's.

Joining Europe in the first place is an interesting topic though. Not one I've got time for today though. Was Foot right to campaign against joining? We'll never know as we obviously joined the EEC.

My Remain vote was mainly based on our precarious financial position after the worst crash in 100 years. It was the stupidest time to call for a referendum on Europe but an understandable one as austerity hit hard and people starting looking for things to blame. Most of those people are turkeys voting for Christmas imo. But there we are.

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 15:38 - Sep 16 with 3614 viewsBlueBadger

What?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 15:40 - Sep 16 with 3611 viewsJ2BLUE

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:31 - Sep 16 by footers

I'm not Michael Foot.

My views on Europe are a bit more complicated than Leave/Remain. I would have actually pushed for a 'radical remain'- the only thing I agree with David Cameron about- to push through changes in Europe. Obviously mine would have been a bit different to Cameron's.

Joining Europe in the first place is an interesting topic though. Not one I've got time for today though. Was Foot right to campaign against joining? We'll never know as we obviously joined the EEC.

My Remain vote was mainly based on our precarious financial position after the worst crash in 100 years. It was the stupidest time to call for a referendum on Europe but an understandable one as austerity hit hard and people starting looking for things to blame. Most of those people are turkeys voting for Christmas imo. But there we are.

Lots of people acting like radical remain was an option. It wasn't and we shouldn't rewrite history pretending it was. The EU are incredibly inflexible. This notion that we could stay in and bring about radical change is purely wishful thinking.

Truly impaired.

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 15:40 - Sep 16 with 3612 viewsbournemouthblue

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 14:13 - Sep 16 by ronnyd

I hate the project fear tag

It's as if the Leave campaign was completely positive

I could have sworn they were talking about Turkey joining the EU and a European Army among other things

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 15:43 - Sep 16 with 3601 viewsJ2BLUE

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 15:40 - Sep 16 by bournemouthblue

I hate the project fear tag

It's as if the Leave campaign was completely positive

I could have sworn they were talking about Turkey joining the EU and a European Army among other things

The EU army is happening isn't it?

Truly impaired.

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 15:46 - Sep 16 with 3595 viewsfooters

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 15:40 - Sep 16 by J2BLUE

Lots of people acting like radical remain was an option. It wasn't and we shouldn't rewrite history pretending it was. The EU are incredibly inflexible. This notion that we could stay in and bring about radical change is purely wishful thinking.

It was possible. It would have taken time through negotiations with partners in the EU. If your concern is immigration Britain could have adopted the same rules as many other EU countries have in relation to free movement. But successive governments decided not to.

We're now in a position where we'll in the best case scenario basically still be part of the EU and have no say, with the worst being that we'll revert to WTO tariffs and basically become a tax haven.

Wishful thinking is thinking removing yourself from the world's most affluent trade bloc will somehow be a good thing. It won't be.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 15:47]

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 15:48 - Sep 16 with 3583 viewsJ2BLUE

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 15:46 - Sep 16 by footers

It was possible. It would have taken time through negotiations with partners in the EU. If your concern is immigration Britain could have adopted the same rules as many other EU countries have in relation to free movement. But successive governments decided not to.

We're now in a position where we'll in the best case scenario basically still be part of the EU and have no say, with the worst being that we'll revert to WTO tariffs and basically become a tax haven.

Wishful thinking is thinking removing yourself from the world's most affluent trade bloc will somehow be a good thing. It won't be.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 15:47]

We asked for some reforms and they barely gave us anything. The idea we could convince the likes of Germany and France to radically change the 'European project' is simply rubbish IMO based on everything we saw.

Truly impaired.

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 15:51 - Sep 16 with 3571 viewsfooters

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 15:48 - Sep 16 by J2BLUE

We asked for some reforms and they barely gave us anything. The idea we could convince the likes of Germany and France to radically change the 'European project' is simply rubbish IMO based on everything we saw.

A month's worth of negotiations do nothing at international level. DC was so sure he'd win the referendum that real European reform wasn't all that necessary. Had he thought so, I'd imagine he'd come up with a better strategy than demanding the EU instantly and radically reforms itself.

It was sheer arrogance on his part, and a reason he will go down as one of the worst PMs this country has ever had.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 15:52]

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 15:53 - Sep 16 with 3565 viewsSteve_M

No because they wouldn't be falling for a good reason (i.e more supply ) but rather a complete collapse in demand. And whilst an economy built largely on house price rises and consumer debt is heavily flawed destroying that isn't going to improve the health of the rest of the economy - especially given the likely impact of non-tariff barriers on what's left of UK manufacturing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 15:59 - Sep 16 with 3538 viewsJ2BLUE

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 15:51 - Sep 16 by footers

A month's worth of negotiations do nothing at international level. DC was so sure he'd win the referendum that real European reform wasn't all that necessary. Had he thought so, I'd imagine he'd come up with a better strategy than demanding the EU instantly and radically reforms itself.

It was sheer arrogance on his part, and a reason he will go down as one of the worst PMs this country has ever had.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 15:52]

I still completely disagree with you that it was possible. They didn't even pretend it was possible. It would have been something that was mentioned to get the remain vote through and then completely forgotten about.

Truly impaired.

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 16:01 - Sep 16 with 3531 viewsfooters

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 15:59 - Sep 16 by J2BLUE

I still completely disagree with you that it was possible. They didn't even pretend it was possible. It would have been something that was mentioned to get the remain vote through and then completely forgotten about.

It's better to be in the tent pissing out...

But we'll see what happens.

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 16:04 - Sep 16 with 3519 viewsJ2BLUE

Would those who voted remain in the Refrendum on 16:01 - Sep 16 by footers

It's better to be in the tent pissing out...

But we'll see what happens.

Meaningless soundbite.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024