Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? 10:34 - Sep 7 with 7861 viewsBlueBlood90

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 22:19 - Sep 7 with 5649 viewsMMBUTB

Never wanted him
Never liked his football
Didn’t particularly like him

In short no
Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 22:23 - Sep 7 with 5639 viewsMaySixth

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 22:19 - Sep 7 by MMBUTB

Never wanted him
Never liked his football
Didn’t particularly like him

In short no

Yes

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 22:23 - Sep 7 with 5641 viewsm14_blue

A man who gave his all for our club for 5 years and generally performed well into the bargain?

Yes.
Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 23:37 - Sep 7 with 5572 viewsSuperTommySmith

Yes.

But you'll get the groups who were still singing anti Mick songs before Hurst's first game shouting abuse no doubt.
Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 23:52 - Sep 7 with 5546 viewsSpruceMoose

Of course.

His only crime was playing a turgid brand of football and telling a few numbskulls to eff off, the later being something he should get a medal for in my opinion. I think he has a great deal of affection for us as a club, and to be honest, I admire him as a person.

So, in short, he's not exactly Hitler, plus we have to get along for the sake of the kids.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 23:55]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 00:14 - Sep 8 with 5521 viewsBLUEBEAT

I’d be indifferent

Just like his brand of football

Poll: W or W

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 01:55 - Sep 8 with 5467 viewsharlingblue

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 22:23 - Sep 7 by m14_blue

A man who gave his all for our club for 5 years and generally performed well into the bargain?

Yes.

I would thank him for his first 3 years, dislike his tactics during the last 2. Thank him for the players that he brought into the club, several sold on for many a million. BUT by the time he left, he had run his course and was losing the fan base and the real feel of the club.
It was time for a real change, and that is what we have got.
If we meet a McCarthy team in the future, he will no doubt try and match our team formation, to get a draw, I trust that Paul Hurst will be aware of this, and pick a totally different formation to get the win?
Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 06:00 - Sep 8 with 5403 viewsBenters2

No.
Login to get fewer ads

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 06:10 - Sep 8 with 5398 viewsBenters2

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 23:52 - Sep 7 by SpruceMoose

Of course.

His only crime was playing a turgid brand of football and telling a few numbskulls to eff off, the later being something he should get a medal for in my opinion. I think he has a great deal of affection for us as a club, and to be honest, I admire him as a person.

So, in short, he's not exactly Hitler, plus we have to get along for the sake of the kids.

How often do you go to football?

Perhaps we can get a statue made up for you and him in his pose where he told some of us to F'off.
Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 06:42 - Sep 8 with 5361 viewsSwailsey

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 06:10 - Sep 8 by Benters2

How often do you go to football?

Perhaps we can get a statue made up for you and him in his pose where he told some of us to F'off.

You are such a bore.

I thought you didn’t watch any of our games under Mick?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 07:09 - Sep 8 with 5325 viewsBenters2

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 06:42 - Sep 8 by Swailsey

You are such a bore.

I thought you didn’t watch any of our games under Mick?

You thought wrong chap.
Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 07:52 - Sep 8 with 5283 viewsshamboy

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 23:37 - Sep 7 by SuperTommySmith

Yes.

But you'll get the groups who were still singing anti Mick songs before Hurst's first game shouting abuse no doubt.

You can already see that as sure as night follows day, in 3 or 4 years they will be shouting abuse at an under-funded Paul Hurst, of course, who doesn't have the nous to keep us as safe as Mick did.
Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 07:58 - Sep 8 with 5272 viewsSuperfrans

He’s a genuinely decent person who gave his all as our manager. I’d definitely cheer him back and would go and shake his hand if I saw him in the street. I’m going to an event in a few weeks which he might be at, and I will search him out if it is possible.

Sadly, the noisiest voices will be those who boo him, even though they are by far in the minority - as this poll indicates.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 08:35 - Sep 8 with 5212 viewstextbackup

he'd be treated (from me personally) as any other manager is, I barely even notice they are on the touchline, if however he kicked off about something (as per any other manager) i'd happily join in with a "who are ya" or "xxx whats the score" if we happened to be winning at that point.

the best thing we could do, IMO, would be show support for our current manager

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 08:47 - Sep 8 with 5181 viewstextbackup

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 07:58 - Sep 8 by Superfrans

He’s a genuinely decent person who gave his all as our manager. I’d definitely cheer him back and would go and shake his hand if I saw him in the street. I’m going to an event in a few weeks which he might be at, and I will search him out if it is possible.

Sadly, the noisiest voices will be those who boo him, even though they are by far in the minority - as this poll indicates.

out of interest, how would you cheer him back? sing his name, giving him a clap as he walked out? (the clap could be confusing as it would be lost amongst the other claps ongoing, he may not know its for him)

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 09:16 - Sep 8 with 5108 viewstomo

Definitely. Still got a lot of time for big Mick.
Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 09:16 - Sep 8 with 5109 viewsartsbossbeard

If he's back sorting these current defensive gaffs, I'll cheer him.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 09:20 - Sep 8 with 5099 viewsbraveblue

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 23:52 - Sep 7 by SpruceMoose

Of course.

The only crimes you mention are a tad serious. Football was rubbish and told the fans where to go. Great example of an effective manager. Maybe that is why no one has thought about giving him a job.
Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 10:00 - Sep 8 with 5055 viewsJ2BLUE

Yes, but I can't see how the situation would come up for most of the ground. He would walk out of the tunnel and past half of the Britannia stand who might give him a bit of a clap. The rest of the stadium would have to make a point of chanting his name or giving him some stick. I think the SBR stand are probably soppy enough to give him a brief super Mick chant and the numbskulls will try and get something negative going.

Agree with Texters. Ignore him unless something happens.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 10:09 - Sep 8 with 5046 viewstextbackup

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 09:16 - Sep 8 by artsbossbeard

If he's back sorting these current defensive gaffs, I'll cheer him.

yeah, I mean we were solid under him, never did a defender fck up, no silly mistakes, water tight....

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 10:12 - Sep 8 with 5043 viewstextbackup

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 10:00 - Sep 8 by J2BLUE

Yes, but I can't see how the situation would come up for most of the ground. He would walk out of the tunnel and past half of the Britannia stand who might give him a bit of a clap. The rest of the stadium would have to make a point of chanting his name or giving him some stick. I think the SBR stand are probably soppy enough to give him a brief super Mick chant and the numbskulls will try and get something negative going.

Agree with Texters. Ignore him unless something happens.

to sing his name as he walks out, either pro or anti, would be like if on a night out with the wife you either gave an ex a hug or called her a b1tch.... both would be seen by the current that you still have feelings.

just ignore and its safe ground, I don't want Hurst thinking he isn't my full focus

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 10:15 - Sep 8 with 5035 viewsSuperfrans

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 08:47 - Sep 8 by textbackup

out of interest, how would you cheer him back? sing his name, giving him a clap as he walked out? (the clap could be confusing as it would be lost amongst the other claps ongoing, he may not know its for him)

Those of us with reasonable memories can recall that it wasn’t long ago that we were singing “Super Mick”, so I’d probably join in with that.

I’d probably then follow it up by joining in with “PaulHurst’s Blue & White army”.

Btw, you suggested that we should sing our current manager’s name. Do you think he would be offended by our fans singing the name of Mick McCarthy?

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 10:17 - Sep 8 with 5034 viewsSuperfrans

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 10:12 - Sep 8 by textbackup

to sing his name as he walks out, either pro or anti, would be like if on a night out with the wife you either gave an ex a hug or called her a b1tch.... both would be seen by the current that you still have feelings.

just ignore and its safe ground, I don't want Hurst thinking he isn't my full focus

What a load of cobblers. So you’ve never sung “there’s only one Bobby Robson” then...?

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 10:22 - Sep 8 with 5018 viewstextbackup

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 10:17 - Sep 8 by Superfrans

What a load of cobblers. So you’ve never sung “there’s only one Bobby Robson” then...?

i'm not entirely sure you can possibly compare what SBR achieved at this club to 3 decent seasons and 2 of utter sht under MM.

im pretty sure if you still had feelings and looked fondly at an ex partner if she'd passed away after many happy years together the new missus wouldn't hold that against you....

but hey, im talking cobblers.

Would you give Mick McCarthy a good reception back at Portman Road? on 10:37 - Sep 8 with 4986 viewsstrikalite

A good reception meaning? As said just applaud the players and sing the songs to support on the day as usual, a good reception would be just that and no booing or anti MM songs, that would be good all round imo...

Why, is he being lined up for a Championship return?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2018 10:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024