Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
East Anglia 21:35 - Sep 2 with 7040 viewsWeWereZombies

It's Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, any of Essex that has a field between it and the Lunnun sprawl, the south part of Lincolnshire, the east part of Bedfordshire, the most easterly part of Northamptonshire and, regretably, all of Norfolk. Init.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

East Anglia on 14:26 - Sep 4 with 941 viewsjontysnut

East Anglia on 08:53 - Sep 3 by GunnsAirkick

For me it is Norfolk and Suffolk as the core, with parts of Essex and Cambridgeshire. The edges of Essex and Cambridgeshire don't feel like East Anglia to me, further afield even less so.

My dad didn't reckon anyone outside Suffolk. Even then he didn't like people from West Suffolk or country dwellers from East Suffolk. In fact he would barely tolerate anyone from beyond Sirdar Road and even then he hated his neighbours.
East Anglia on 18:21 - Sep 4 with 905 viewsWeWereZombies

East Anglia on 14:26 - Sep 4 by jontysnut

My dad didn't reckon anyone outside Suffolk. Even then he didn't like people from West Suffolk or country dwellers from East Suffolk. In fact he would barely tolerate anyone from beyond Sirdar Road and even then he hated his neighbours.

I've always thought Sirdar sounded a bit foreign.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

East Anglia on 18:51 - Sep 4 with 878 viewsSpruceMoose

East Anglia on 11:39 - Sep 4 by Cotty

Sadly you are wrong:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Anglia

Suffolk Norfolk and most of Cambridgeshire, that is it. This is a point of contention with my wife who is from Northamptonshire, and maintains that if you get Look East then are you in East Anglia. I take umbrage with this, pointing out that it is a historical boundary which most certainly does not include Kettering and Corby!

Corbyn you say!?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

East Anglia on 21:29 - Sep 4 with 839 viewsMelford

East Anglia on 09:34 - Sep 3 by blueconscience

It is because in Essex they are trying to be something they are not, Londoners.

Essex always has been and always will be a part of East Anglia.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 9:38]

I'm pretty much on the border, the Essex sign is about 200 metres from my house. I'd definitely say anything north of Colchester is East Anglia. Countryside and accents are the same as Suffolk.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024