Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any successful Ipswich side in past has had a sprinkling 08:53 - Aug 15 with 943 viewsBlue_Dwarf

Of our own produced young players in the first team. Hurst reluctance to select these players is my biggest concern right now and is his biggest error. Hopefully he learns that these players are good assets to our team and club.

Is it time to just abandon the academy as their route to the first team is blocked?
Any successful Ipswich side in past has had a sprinkling on 08:56 - Aug 15 with 923 viewsWarkTheWark

I’m going to rate your idiocy.

10/10 well done
Any successful Ipswich side in past has had a sprinkling on 08:57 - Aug 15 with 904 viewsVic

Downed started the first game. Bishop was used last night, Woolfenden played first game , as did Morris, and Dozzell is patently not yet considered fit enough after a year out. That really only leaves Nydam.

I’m with you in wanting these lads to be first in line to step up, but evidence is that Hurst is actually using them.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Any successful Ipswich side in past has had a sprinkling on 09:00 - Aug 15 with 882 viewsBlue_Dwarf

Any successful Ipswich side in past has had a sprinkling on 08:57 - Aug 15 by Vic

Downed started the first game. Bishop was used last night, Woolfenden played first game , as did Morris, and Dozzell is patently not yet considered fit enough after a year out. That really only leaves Nydam.

I’m with you in wanting these lads to be first in line to step up, but evidence is that Hurst is actually using them.

Did Woolfy deserve to be dropped for a new signed right back first league game of season?

Morris came on and impressed and then not picked.

Dozzell not fit but I question whether our new signings are fit too as we fade in 2nd half of games.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 9:05]
Any successful Ipswich side in past has had a sprinkling on 09:01 - Aug 15 with 881 viewsBlue_Dwarf

Any successful Ipswich side in past has had a sprinkling on 08:56 - Aug 15 by WarkTheWark

I’m going to rate your idiocy.

10/10 well done

Thought this was a forum for opinions?

You don’t agree so you call me an idiot.

Classy
Any successful Ipswich side in past has had a sprinkling on 09:05 - Aug 15 with 851 viewsVic

Any successful Ipswich side in past has had a sprinkling on 09:00 - Aug 15 by Blue_Dwarf

Did Woolfy deserve to be dropped for a new signed right back first league game of season?

Morris came on and impressed and then not picked.

Dozzell not fit but I question whether our new signings are fit too as we fade in 2nd half of games.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 9:05]

Woolfie? That was managers call - he’s still learning.

Morris - nice little cameo. After that we signed our most expensive player for years. It’s natural I’d say to want to get him on and have a run out ASAP.

dozzell fitness- I guess this isn’t simply Hursts call, but advice from the rest of his team. From his comments last night its clear he wants subs ready to come on and play a whole game if necessary. dozzell couldn’t do that at the moment.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Any successful Ipswich side in past has had a sprinkling on 09:11 - Aug 15 with 830 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I think you have missed one key point here being that all of our sides in the past have had a sprinkling of our own. Both the most successful and the least successful sides.

In 1994-95 when we were relegated and a complete embarrassment to the Premier League we had Mick Stockwell, Gavin Johnson, Simon Milton, Steve Palmer, Frank Yallop, David Gregory, Lee Durrant, Adam Tanner, Neil Gregory, Lee Norfolk and Kevin Ellis in the squad, all players that came through the academy or were brought in for nominal fees as youngsters.

Look at the side that was relegated in the mid 80's or the early 2000's. Quite simply we've always had young players in and around the squad. It is quite irrelevant to any success or failure we have.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Any successful Ipswich side in past has had a sprinkling on 09:38 - Aug 15 with 787 viewsWarkTheWark

Any successful Ipswich side in past has had a sprinkling on 09:01 - Aug 15 by Blue_Dwarf

Thought this was a forum for opinions?

You don’t agree so you call me an idiot.

Classy

I'm really grumpy today and your post was roughly the 6th overreacting to 3 games.

"Is it time to just abandon the academy as their route to the first team is blocked?"

This is such a silly thing to write & the supporting comments even more so. Downes is going to play this season for sure, Emmanuel & Kenlock not gonna go in ahead of Donacian (who is better) and Knudsen (who is better). Dozzer is injured and coming back slowly, as is Bish. Nyadam should probably go out on loan as Edun is better and older (Nyadam shouldnt be rushed).

The only gripe I agree with you is that potentially Downes should start ahead of challobah, but even then he's probably better deputising Skuse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024