Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club 19:30 - Aug 12 with 5186 viewswarkthisway

No ambition on and off the pitch- starting a season with no proven strikers is a joke - and I notice the ground is looking more run down than ever - Dirty and neglected - complete new regime needed - for God’s sake sell up Evans

bentnkuqi

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:29 - Aug 12 with 1846 viewsBlueBadger

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:04 - Aug 12 by warkthisway

We will be bottom at Christmas

Haven't you got a sister that you could be inserting all six fingers into?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:30 - Aug 12 with 1851 viewsmrshallisfit

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:22 - Aug 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Sorry mate, you were meant to be coming back to me with a solution. Not another moan.

I SUPPORT itfc, others could do well to do the same.

I don't understand people who just whinge about the football club the FOLLOW.

Not whinging at the football club but at the owner of the football. The perfect solution is obvious. A new owner. But that doesn't seem forthcoming. Which makes me fear even more for our future. You must have deep reservations the way ME has run the club in the past 3 years. As I say if you don't you must be very easily pleased.
We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:31 - Aug 12 with 1850 viewshaughleyblue74

Having watched the two games we really need some midfield creativity and hope one off bishop, Dozzell or Huws comes through soon. I still remain unconvinced with the right back and Harrison but time will tell, I won't lie i have concerns we will get in the bottom three and find it tough to get out but we will see. Up the town!
We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:34 - Aug 12 with 1839 viewsBlueBadger

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 19:41 - Aug 12 by Sarge

Unfortunately he’s not new, he’s been stinking up the board for some time

You'd think he'd be happy, now that we're apparently in a relegation battle.
This myth that we are in a much better position. by warkthisway 11 Apr 2018 22:59
I would rather we had been relegated and had a bit of excitement than suffer the last 2 years of the turgid boring spectacles MM thinks we should be grateful for.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:35 - Aug 12 with 1839 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:30 - Aug 12 by mrshallisfit

Not whinging at the football club but at the owner of the football. The perfect solution is obvious. A new owner. But that doesn't seem forthcoming. Which makes me fear even more for our future. You must have deep reservations the way ME has run the club in the past 3 years. As I say if you don't you must be very easily pleased.

So in the absence of a new owner willing to throw £100m at the club you have no solutions?! (FFP aside).

Ok, I'm glad that's established.

Get on with SUPPORTING the team.

I don't understand this weak mentality of people moaning about every little thing.

Be happy, be positive. Stop being so negative, it will make you live a sad life.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:37 - Aug 12 with 1838 viewsMattRichards4England

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:35 - Aug 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

So in the absence of a new owner willing to throw £100m at the club you have no solutions?! (FFP aside).

I don't understand this weak mentality of people moaning about every little thing.

Be happy, be positive. Stop being so negative, it will make you live a sad life.

The fact that you dorks have bitten on this post is so so funny.
We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:39 - Aug 12 with 1832 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:37 - Aug 12 by MattRichards4England

The OP is irrelevant.

I'm discussing my view versus that of Mrshallisfit. (Random name)

Feel free to observe and use more American insults from the early 90's.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:40 - Aug 12 with 1832 viewsjeera

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:09 - Aug 12 by mrshallisfit

God what a hero he is. Putting 7m per year. For a club that has a 30000 seater and has all the credentials to get in the Premiership more is needed. Much more. Look at the investment made for at least the top half of the Championship teams. His investment levels are now in the bottom 6 or 7 teams in the league. As each season opens we face more and more teams that have more support financially than us. I think therefore the supposition that we are going nowhere under Evans is potentially true. Though without a proven goal scorer it might be too optimistic this season.

If I was chucking away 7 million of my own cash each year in order to subsidise your hobby, I would be a bit pissed of at the ungratefulness on show.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:41 - Aug 12 with 1830 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:26 - Aug 12 by Slambo

Unless a rich sheikh or Russian oligarch comes into buy Ipswich - seriously unlikely - i'm afraid Evans really is as good an owner as we're likely to get. I suggest you make yourself comfortable and try to enjoy yourself...

Indeed.

Football fans used to say 'we need a new striker'.

Now it's 'we need a new owner'.

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:42 - Aug 12 with 1826 viewswarkthisway

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:25 - Aug 12 by BlueBadger

Oh, give over, you massive fanny.

No need to be rude

bentnkuqi

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:47 - Aug 12 with 1820 viewsMrTown

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:09 - Aug 12 by mrshallisfit

God what a hero he is. Putting 7m per year. For a club that has a 30000 seater and has all the credentials to get in the Premiership more is needed. Much more. Look at the investment made for at least the top half of the Championship teams. His investment levels are now in the bottom 6 or 7 teams in the league. As each season opens we face more and more teams that have more support financially than us. I think therefore the supposition that we are going nowhere under Evans is potentially true. Though without a proven goal scorer it might be too optimistic this season.

he doesn't put in 7m, he loses £7m a year. All these points you make are great but we aren't that type of club to roll the dice with big fees, its too much of gamble that Evans has dabbled with before and didn't work. Other clubs constantly gamble such as Derby and are still stuck in the exact same league as us.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:55 - Aug 12 with 1815 viewsmrshallisfit

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:26 - Aug 12 by Slambo

Unless a rich sheikh or Russian oligarch comes into buy Ipswich - seriously unlikely - i'm afraid Evans really is as good an owner as we're likely to get. I suggest you make yourself comfortable and try to enjoy yourself...

Possibly. Remember though there are several examples of clubs of our size (but poorer histories) who have far better owners than ME.
We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 21:10 - Aug 12 with 1790 viewssparks

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:47 - Aug 12 by MrTown

he doesn't put in 7m, he loses £7m a year. All these points you make are great but we aren't that type of club to roll the dice with big fees, its too much of gamble that Evans has dabbled with before and didn't work. Other clubs constantly gamble such as Derby and are still stuck in the exact same league as us.

Explain to me how losing £7m a year is not also putting in £7m a year.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 21:16 - Aug 12 with 1782 viewsSlambo

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:37 - Aug 12 by MattRichards4England

'Dork'..?! Like, whatever dweeb...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 21:26 - Aug 12 with 1754 viewsSuperblue95

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:29 - Aug 12 by BlueBadger

Haven't you got a sister that you could be inserting all six fingers into?

That escalated quickly
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 21:26]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 21:34 - Aug 12 with 1739 viewsSlambo

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:55 - Aug 12 by mrshallisfit

Possibly. Remember though there are several examples of clubs of our size (but poorer histories) who have far better owners than ME.

Like who..? There are good owners and bad owners out there. For every, say, Steve Gibson there's a Karl Oyston. I suspect you're thinking of Bournemouth. Gaydamek, their owner, invested heavily in the right man; there can be no denying that Evans ballsed up in the beginning - giving a blank cheque to Roy Keane must be one of the worst decisions in ITFC's history (if not the worst); Jewell's tenure was just hapless; but thereafter Evans has run the club well, ESPECIALLY in the current footballing political climate. I've said this before in a blog: If you really wanted to guarantee an improvement in Ipswich's prospects, you should put your energy into campaigning against parachute payments, FFP, EPPP and the general gulf in wealth between the Premier League and the EFL. With these things in place Evans has a herculean task making/keeping Ipswich competitive. Considering all that, I can't believe how anyone can't be excited about what Hurst's trying to do now..

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 21:35 - Aug 12 with 1740 viewsGuthrum

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:16 - Aug 12 by olimar

This time last season, we were going into the season with-
1.) Waghorn- up to that point, his best ever season at this level was 12 goals, which he had achieved 7 years earlier. His next best was 5. So, not a proven goalscorer.
2.) Garner- up to that point, his best ever season at this level was 7 goals, which he had achieved 8 years earlier. So, not a proven goalscorer.
3.) Sears- up to that point, his best ever season at this level was 9 goals. He was coming off a 4 goal season, with no confidence.
4.) McGoldrick- one 14 goal season and one 12 goal season. Beyond that, he had never got into double figures. Coming off the back of his 4 successive season where he missed half of it with a major injury.

I dont think you could argue that any of those players were proven goalscorers at this level. But fortunately, two of them stepped up. Lets assume the same might happen this season.

Martyn Waghorn did not actually arrive at Town until after the first game of last season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 21:46 - Aug 12 with 1727 viewsmrshallisfit

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:35 - Aug 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm not asking for £100m but something more than at present.
I always support the team on the pitch. Where have I said that I don't?
I have a perfectly happy life but perhaps am sometimes too passionate about my football club
I generally find that achieving a happy life doesn't come about by following the half-baked platitudes as given in some of your posts.
We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 21:52 - Aug 12 with 1726 viewsjaykay

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 19:37 - Aug 12 by sparks

We really need rid of these obvious trolls which have emerged in recent days. They risk damaging the positive spirit amongst the majority.

yes you are right. one troll with the forum name of dessycook started a thread the other day in the same vein. when i said he was that thick that he was most probably using he real *name,the thread disappeared.

* i know a dessycook and he that way.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 21:54 - Aug 12 with 1726 viewsGuthrum

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:55 - Aug 12 by mrshallisfit

Wigan, Bradford? Blackpool?? Portsmouth???
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 21:55]

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 22:05 - Aug 12 with 1707 viewswarkthisway

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:22 - Aug 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Sorry mate, you were meant to be coming back to me with a solution. Not another moan.

I SUPPORT itfc, others could do well to do the same.

I don't understand people who just whinge about the football club the FOLLOW.

Apathy

bentnkuqi

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 22:08 - Aug 12 with 1702 viewswarkthisway

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 19:41 - Aug 12 by MrTown

Have you got a spare 7 million?

Evans has

bentnkuqi

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 22:18 - Aug 12 with 1689 viewsGuthrum

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:04 - Aug 12 by warkthisway

We will be bottom at Christmas

Does it really matter if we are, as long as we climb at least three places during the second half of the season?

I don't think we will be, by the way.

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 22:39 - Aug 12 with 1653 viewsHerbivore

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 20:30 - Aug 12 by mrshallisfit

I'd say I have fewer reservations about how he's run the club over the last 3 years than I did about how he ran it for much of the preceding 7 years.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 22:48 - Aug 12 with 1646 viewswarkthisway

We are going nowhere while Evans runs the club on 19:37 - Aug 12 by sparks

We really need rid of these obvious trolls which have emerged in recent days. They risk damaging the positive spirit amongst the majority.

1 point from 2 games and with Villa Derby and Norwich to come - lack of investment showing so why pretend otherwise

bentnkuqi

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024