Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My summary 23:56 - Aug 4 with 849 viewsTendring_Blue

Better than I expected. Lots of players who were not tuned in with one another, a few signings short. Weak at the back but we showed far more than we ever did last season.

Harrison will be a good player for us, he needs time and with Nolan in behind him I think that's a very exciting prospect. He showed flashes of good stuff today.

Edwards was a class act, the trickery and pace. Never afraid to take his man on, we're going to like him a lot.

Sears put in some decent deliveries but looks slightly jaded at times, I still believe he is better out wide than down the middle though.

Donacian at CB looked nervous but he settled into the game at RB. Give him time and I reckon we've got a decent player in him.

Wolfenden in my opinion was fantastic, so assured on the ball. We looked a better team when he came on, he should have started.

Midfield didn't quite work for me, but with Andre and hopefully Nolan to come in it's only going to get better.

Tayo Edun was the right sub at the right time, he got us up the pitch. Even though the equaliser was fortunate, I think we deserved a point.

Sort that defence out over the next week, get Nolan in behind the striker, get the new players gelling together and we will be fine.

Blackburn will be a mid table side, nothing to worry about not beating them.

Enjoyed the game and can only see us improve going forwards. Really looking forward to following what is effectively a rebuild job, it's going to be tough at times but we are not going down! No chance!!!
My summary on 00:31 - Aug 5 with 749 viewsStewart27

Yep. Agree mainly.

I’ve reflected on today and am very excited about the season ahead and the team gelling. The late equaliser helped, but would not have over reacted if we’d have lost. There were large parts of that game that were average at best, but there were little passages of play and some little individual performances that made me think that when everything clicks we could be in for an exciting season!

On top of what you’ve said I thought:

-The pressing in the first 25 minutes was superb
-Challobah looks an absolute gem and a player we’ve been crying out for

However

-I don’t agree with Sears. We looked much better when Morris came on
-We are crying out for a midfielder to put his foot on the ball and dictate play - Nolan can’t come soon enough
-Defensively very shaky still and as a result lost our shape and didn’t press with the same intensity after conceding

All in all I’m never usually happy with a draw at home, but walked away looking forward to the season!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024