Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our own or lower league signings 14:32 - Jul 31 with 1814 viewsgloucester_tractor

I see a lot of people worried that are signings are from the lower leagues , yet they are happy to promote are younger players.
What's better a player that has a 100 pr more games in div 1 or someone who has played mainly u23 football.
My view is they both have there place in a developing squad. And mix that with the players we already have , we may well find that the Team is stronger even if on paper the players are not

Son of GUS

Our own or lower league signings on 14:40 - Jul 31 with 1766 viewshomer_123

I think most are slightly more concerned that we need one or two more senior player to compliment the mix of youth and lower league players.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Our own or lower league signings on 14:41 - Jul 31 with 1768 viewsIllinoisblue

there was some absolute div on twitter y/day moaning about us signing lower league players, saying 'why do we have to pay championship ticket prices if we all have is league 1 players'. I genuinely wonder how these people cope with life.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Our own or lower league signings on 14:44 - Jul 31 with 1742 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Our own or lower league signings on 14:40 - Jul 31 by homer_123

I think most are slightly more concerned that we need one or two more senior player to compliment the mix of youth and lower league players.

How many senior players do you think a club/team needs generally? And by experienced do you mean over a certain age, over a certain number matches in the Championship or Premier League or both? What age and how many matches? You might be surprised just how experienced the team is.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Our own or lower league signings on 14:53 - Jul 31 with 1691 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our own or lower league signings on 14:40 - Jul 31 by homer_123

9 days left to do business.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Our own or lower league signings on 14:56 - Jul 31 with 1673 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our own or lower league signings on 14:44 - Jul 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

How many senior players do you think a club/team needs generally? And by experienced do you mean over a certain age, over a certain number matches in the Championship or Premier League or both? What age and how many matches? You might be surprised just how experienced the team is.

Bialkowski, Knudsen, Chambers, Spence, Skuse, Ward, Waghorn (maybe), Garner, Sears, Bishop, Huws.

I think youre right in that there is actually a lot of experience in the above players who would all be contenders for the first XI.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Our own or lower league signings on 15:00 - Jul 31 with 1661 viewshomer_123

Our own or lower league signings on 14:56 - Jul 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

Bialkowski, Knudsen, Chambers, Spence, Skuse, Ward, Waghorn (maybe), Garner, Sears, Bishop, Huws.

I think youre right in that there is actually a lot of experience in the above players who would all be contenders for the first XI.

Yep, but look at the CB slot - Chambo is it in terms of experience, sure Spence has played there but that's not his position.

it's not about the numbers but mix that with position.

Our own or lower league signings on 15:05 - Jul 31 with 1638 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Our own or lower league signings on 15:00 - Jul 31 by homer_123

Yep, but look at the CB slot - Chambo is it in terms of experience, sure Spence has played there but that's not his position.

Would you consider Donacien as experienced? He has 140 matches at first team League 2 level and is 24 years old. Spent time at Tottenham and Villa as a youth.

Surely a lot of it is actually about the personality and character. A young Roy Keane probably brought more experience to a side than Paul Gascoigne did towards the end of his career.

Our own or lower league signings on 15:06 - Jul 31 with 1632 viewshomer_123

Our own or lower league signings on 15:05 - Jul 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

Would you consider Donacien as experienced? He has 140 matches at first team League 2 level and is 24 years old. Spent time at Tottenham and Villa as a youth.

Surely a lot of it is actually about the personality and character. A young Roy Keane probably brought more experience to a side than Paul Gascoigne did towards the end of his career.

No, not a this level.

Edit: that's not to say I don't think he might do well.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 15:06]

Login to get fewer ads

Our own or lower league signings on 15:09 - Jul 31 with 1618 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Our own or lower league signings on 15:06 - Jul 31 by homer_123

No, not a this level.

Edit: that's not to say I don't think he might do well.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 15:06]

and there is thing. Does that mean he only plays alongside Chambers and never Woolfendon? With Bart organising the defence and the experience of Knudsen and Spence too I don't think it would be a problem as he is not a young lad and has played a good amount of professional football albeit at League 2 level.

Our own or lower league signings on 15:09 - Jul 31 with 1615 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our own or lower league signings on 15:00 - Jul 31 by homer_123

Yeah, a good mix would be Chambo and Donacien. That seemed to be the point of the OP.

The defence would have heaps of Champ experience with Bart, Knudsen, Chambo and Spence.

Our own or lower league signings on 15:10 - Jul 31 with 1610 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our own or lower league signings on 15:09 - Jul 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

and there is thing. Does that mean he only plays alongside Chambers and never Woolfendon? With Bart organising the defence and the experience of Knudsen and Spence too I don't think it would be a problem as he is not a young lad and has played a good amount of professional football albeit at League 2 level.

Agreed.

Our own or lower league signings on 15:14 - Jul 31 with 1595 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Our own or lower league signings on 15:09 - Jul 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yeah, a good mix would be Chambo and Donacien. That seemed to be the point of the OP.

The defence would have heaps of Champ experience with Bart, Knudsen, Chambo and Spence.

My point is that for some games if Chambers is unavailable I wouldn't see Donacien (assuming he is good enough) with Woolfendon as too inexperienced. Even if it is, Spence or Knudsen (or even Skuse) could be shifted in there instead.

Our own or lower league signings on 15:15 - Jul 31 with 1590 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our own or lower league signings on 15:14 - Jul 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

My point is that for some games if Chambers is unavailable I wouldn't see Donacien (assuming he is good enough) with Woolfendon as too inexperienced. Even if it is, Spence or Knudsen (or even Skuse) could be shifted in there instead.

I wouldnt disagree.

Our own or lower league signings on 15:20 - Jul 31 with 1574 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Our own or lower league signings on 15:15 - Jul 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

I wouldnt disagree.

Were we to sign TIlt or Nsiala this shouldn't be the issue anyway.

Either would be significantly more experienced than Woolfendon.

Our own or lower league signings on 16:34 - Jul 31 with 1463 viewsgloucester_tractor

Our own or lower league signings on 15:20 - Jul 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

Were we to sign TIlt or Nsiala this shouldn't be the issue anyway.

Either would be significantly more experienced than Woolfendon.

So your view is that buying players who have played lower league is a step forward from our own younger players , or do you just mean the CB position ?

Son of GUS

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024