Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? 03:04 - Jul 4 with 5974 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

In one way I thought it was the hardest game of the tournament to ref, with those lot constantly in his face and cheating. Also credit got him to punish them for the penalty and not scared to book them either. On the other he seemed to want to even it up and give them free kicks for any 50/50 plus the Henderson booking when it was them delaying everything and getting in our players faces seems a joke. I don't know, I wasn't very impressed but thought he held his nerve at times as well. Tough game to ref for sure.
The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 09:31 - Jul 4 with 1425 viewsNo9

The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 09:25 - Jul 4 by RegencyBlue

I thought he was on the verge of losing control of it a couple of times.

He certainly bottled the head butt incident. Either its a red or it didnt happen. If he accepts it happened, and why else give a yellow, then its a red. He should have looked at the VAR footage himself.

He could & should have taken control of the penalty incident and booked a whole bunch of Columbians culminating with one getting sent off
BUT- he knew full well FIFA would not support him and ALL S.A. nations would have raised merry hell
The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 09:37 - Jul 4 with 1418 viewspoppiesman

Apart from should have been stricter when they delayed the penalty by about 3 minutes, I thought overall he did well.
Columbia players disgraced themselves but one or two England players were almost as bad. Maguire doing the TV VAR sign at least 5 times in one incident was embarrassing to see, and Henderson antics for the headbutt was out of order.
Tough game for the ref but he did ok.
The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 09:44 - Jul 4 with 1407 viewsStokieBlue

I thought they should have had at least 2 go. The surrounding the referee for minutes after every decision is getting totally out of hand - it needs to be stopped now.

The scuffing of the penalty spot was possibly one of the most unsportsmanlike things I've ever seen.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 17:31 - Jul 4 with 1361 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 09:44 - Jul 4 by StokieBlue

I thought they should have had at least 2 go. The surrounding the referee for minutes after every decision is getting totally out of hand - it needs to be stopped now.

The scuffing of the penalty spot was possibly one of the most unsportsmanlike things I've ever seen.

SB

Didn't see that. It does not surprise me though, they were cheating. The guy that did get booked for the headbutt I'd like to know how many fouls he committed after. I think three can result in a persistent infringements yellow.
The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 17:35 - Jul 4 with 1358 viewsGlasgowBlue

The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 08:37 - Jul 4 by Herbivore

Oh I know that about Sir Alf but I try not to dwell on the fact that he was a bit racist.

Not like you to call somebody racist Herbie.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 17:39 - Jul 4 with 1355 viewsStokieBlue

The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 17:31 - Jul 4 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Didn't see that. It does not surprise me though, they were cheating. The guy that did get booked for the headbutt I'd like to know how many fouls he committed after. I think three can result in a persistent infringements yellow.

You shouldn't get booked for a headbutt though.

It's either a red or nothing, no way it can be a yellow.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 17:41 - Jul 4 with 1351 viewsgiant_stow

bit of a pussy.

then the game ran away from him.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 17:56 - Jul 4 with 1341 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 17:39 - Jul 4 by StokieBlue

You shouldn't get booked for a headbutt though.

It's either a red or nothing, no way it can be a yellow.

SB

Did he get a word from VAR? Doubt he saw the headbutt
Login to get fewer ads

The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 19:04 - Jul 4 with 1317 viewsm14_blue

The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 09:44 - Jul 4 by StokieBlue

SB

This. How can a professional sportsman think that's acceptable behaviour?

I know it isn't in the rules but things like that should be a red card and a ban. It's deliberate, pre meditated and bringing the game into disrepute.
The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 19:06 - Jul 4 with 1314 viewsm14_blue

The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 08:32 - Jul 4 by GlebeTractor

In what was a tough game, I thought he did well, I can only assume that he probably has never have a game like it as he officiates in the MLS.

However; VAR didn't help him much last night, he should have been told to go and watch the screen for the headbutt on Henderson.

Also, during the penalty, the players making marks/scuffing up the penalty spot should have been cautioned for unsporting behavior.

"A player who makes unauthorised marks on the field of play must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour. If the referee notices this being done during the match, the player is cautioned when the ball next goes out of play."

But VAR should have picked that up.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 8:33]

Unfortunately VAR couldn't have picked up on the cheating around the penalty spot as it can only be used for potential red cards.
The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 19:18 - Jul 4 with 1301 viewsSwansea_Blue

I wasn’t keen on the American ref. If he’d have been on the ball in the end zone we might have got a shut out. Although we’d have missed the PKs in the hotbox and that glorious moment when Colombia got one on the frame.

Megnuts!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The ref tonight, honest thoughts......? on 00:28 - Jul 5 with 1259 viewsronnyd

Thought he was totally inept in the first half and was lucky to manage to get it back under control midway through the second. Which coincided with the Columbians realising that they had to start playing football to get back into the match, which they did.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024