Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frankie Boyle 04:28 - Jun 25 with 3951 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What’s the TWTD consensus on him?

Of all the comedians spoken about on here, I’ve never seen him mentioned in any great detail.

Sometimes I think he’s an absolute bellend and then other times I find him funny because he’s the only comedian willing to just ignore ‘the line’ of what is acceptable completely.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

on 08:02 - Jun 25 with 3837 views_

Frankie Boyle on 08:08 - Jun 25 with 3824 viewsgmanrom

on 08:02 - Jun 25 by _

Best comedian of his time as was Jim Davidson imo, but it is all opinions.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Frankie Boyle on 09:08 - Jun 25 with 3769 viewsfactual_blue

He has toned down quite a bit - otherwise he wouldn't have two shows on the BBC.

I think he's a recovering alcoholic, so his sobriety may have something to do with that.

Still can hit where it hurts: he said last week of Christopher Chope (the MP who blocked the 'upskirting' legislation): 'it's alright for him, whenever he wants a picture of a c***, he can just take a selfie.'
[Post edited 25 Jun 2018 11:54]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Frankie Boyle on 09:31 - Jun 25 with 3724 viewsTheDailyTractor

Loved him on mock the week. The bloke was hilarious and saw him at the Apollo once, was brilliant. He's definitely toned down a bit in my opinion. I'll always remember the hot water he got himself into for his jokes about Rebecca Adlington and The Queen
Frankie Boyle on 09:48 - Jun 25 with 3697 viewsconnorscontract

His World Cup warm up show, Frankie Boyle goes to Russia, was very, very good.

I'm a comedy promoter, and one of the hottest areas of debate in comedy is whether there should be any censorship. But there's a general rule that you "punch up, not down" ie you only attack people with power, status or wealth not people who are weak. Boyle's ignores this rule at times, eg the joke about Harvey and Katie Price or jokes about Maddie McCann. I'm deeply uncomfortable about these jokes.

But at his best he is brilliant.

My favourite joke of his is:

In Scotland we're quite looking forward to Global Warming. We'll just sit on a mountain and watch England drown, saying "Hughie, pass me a pineapple".
Frankie Boyle on 10:35 - Jun 25 with 3650 viewsRammo

I really find him funny, although my wife refuses to watch him! He's better now as he's not trying to be controversial for the sake of it like he seemed to be when he first became well known, but having that bit of edginess is what makes his comedy funny.

Even when you feel down always remember its just a game.

Frankie Boyle on 10:36 - Jun 25 with 3649 viewsWeird_Beard

Often contentious but, always very funny in my view.
Frankie Boyle on 10:46 - Jun 25 with 3623 viewsGavTWTD

Love him, but I don't find him as funny when he's reading from an autocue. I think the New World Order is good but would prefer it if he delivered his monologues in a stand up fashion. Sounds daft, I know.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

Frankie Boyle on 10:51 - Jun 25 with 3616 viewsWeird_Beard

Frankie Boyle on 09:48 - Jun 25 by connorscontract

His World Cup warm up show, Frankie Boyle goes to Russia, was very, very good.

I'm a comedy promoter, and one of the hottest areas of debate in comedy is whether there should be any censorship. But there's a general rule that you "punch up, not down" ie you only attack people with power, status or wealth not people who are weak. Boyle's ignores this rule at times, eg the joke about Harvey and Katie Price or jokes about Maddie McCann. I'm deeply uncomfortable about these jokes.

But at his best he is brilliant.

My favourite joke of his is:

In Scotland we're quite looking forward to Global Warming. We'll just sit on a mountain and watch England drown, saying "Hughie, pass me a pineapple".

A Town fan and a 'comedy promoter'? ....Oh the irony! ;o)
Frankie Boyle on 11:52 - Jun 25 with 3560 viewsfactual_blue

Frankie Boyle on 10:46 - Jun 25 by GavTWTD

Love him, but I don't find him as funny when he's reading from an autocue. I think the New World Order is good but would prefer it if he delivered his monologues in a stand up fashion. Sounds daft, I know.

Do you prefer stand up mode because Phil won't buy you a chair?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Frankie Boyle on 12:25 - Jun 25 with 3509 viewsjaykay

Frankie Boyle on 10:51 - Jun 25 by Weird_Beard

now i know they have trouble on the sinkun message board , trying to put smileys in a post.
seems like you lot struggle using any forum. here you go
[Post edited 25 Jun 2018 12:26]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Frankie Boyle on 12:32 - Jun 25 with 3489 viewsDarth_Koont

Always been a very skilled comedian in the same mould as Jimmy Carr. I think he used to ignore boundaries to showcase his ability to make people laugh even at the most unfunny subjects. But it definitely hid the sharp brain and social conscience behind.

Good over the past few years to see the rest of him emerge in his articles and other TV projects.

Pronouns: He/Him

Frankie Boyle on 12:41 - Jun 25 with 3460 viewsGavTWTD

Frankie Boyle on 11:52 - Jun 25 by factual_blue

Do you prefer stand up mode because Phil won't buy you a chair?

No it's probably because I have always been scared of Davros

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Frankie Boyle on 14:17 - Jun 25 with 3364 viewstractordownsouth

Frankie Boyle on 09:31 - Jun 25 by TheDailyTractor

Loved him on mock the week. The bloke was hilarious and saw him at the Apollo once, was brilliant. He's definitely toned down a bit in my opinion. I'll always remember the hot water he got himself into for his jokes about Rebecca Adlington and The Queen

I think the Harvey Price joke was awful but I love Boyle besides that. I did like the Rebecca Adlington one though and the bit about UKIP and the good old days - despite many people saying it was too similar to Stewart Lee.

There was a bit where the bloke who plays Jonathan Pie was making a good point about free speech and comedy, saying that he went to see him and some jokes he found hilarious but the people around him thought it was too much, and with other jokes it was the other way around. It just shows how offence is very subjective.

Overall, I think he is very funny.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Frankie Boyle on 14:36 - Jun 25 with 3345 viewsSpruceMoose

Have you given up the sad act of pretending to be an Ipswich fan then?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Frankie Boyle on 15:15 - Jun 25 with 3317 viewsWeWereZombies

One memorable moment was on his pre Scottish referendum show when he was questioning an eight year old about supporting your local team but having a Premier league team you follow:

Frankie ' So who's your wee team, then?'
Eight year old 'Celtic'

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Frankie Boyle on 16:51 - Jun 25 with 3268 viewsconnorscontract

Whereas your Chairman used to be in the Cabinet, which is ironic because there's Fck all in yours. Apart from TWO replicas of the 1985 Milk Cup.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024