Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All jokes aside 11:32 - May 27 with 2329 viewsBetablocker

If Hurst doesn't come

Who would we go for? Who realistically is available on our budget?

I am seriously getting a bit worried
All jokes aside on 11:34 - May 27 with 2319 viewssolemio

Warburton or Scott Parker with a mentor.
All jokes aside on 11:35 - May 27 with 2318 viewspointofblue

Just from reading in here it feels like Scott Parker is the Plan B should we fail to get Hurst. Would prefer Darrell Clarke, Paul Tisdale or Gareth Ainsworth myself. At least with Tisdale we wouldn’t lose face by hanging around for a month for no reason!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

All jokes aside on 11:37 - May 27 with 2304 viewsTerry_Nutkins

If still available i would give Lampard the go in that scenario. Failing that Graham Potter could be persuaded. Im amazed nobody has been more strongly linked with him. I would have liked us to at least interview him.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

All jokes aside on 11:54 - May 27 with 2263 viewsSergio

Steijn or Parker
All jokes aside on 11:56 - May 27 with 2259 viewsBetablocker

All jokes aside on 11:54 - May 27 by Sergio

Steijn or Parker

Wonder if steijn got an interview?
All jokes aside on 11:59 - May 27 with 2243 viewsKieran_Knows

All jokes aside on 11:37 - May 27 by Terry_Nutkins

If still available i would give Lampard the go in that scenario. Failing that Graham Potter could be persuaded. Im amazed nobody has been more strongly linked with him. I would have liked us to at least interview him.

Graham Potter is off to Swansea next week.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

All jokes aside on 12:21 - May 27 with 2206 viewsArcher4721

Super Tim is really in the mix. Recommended by Klug who has worked with him in the past. He's a very short price in the betting now so some people know something (I doubt many Town fans will be betting on him)

I think he's the perfect fit for Evans.
All jokes aside on 12:24 - May 27 with 2195 viewspointofblue

All jokes aside on 12:21 - May 27 by Archer4721

Super Tim is really in the mix. Recommended by Klug who has worked with him in the past. He's a very short price in the betting now so some people know something (I doubt many Town fans will be betting on him)

I think he's the perfect fit for Evans.

If Evans wants to drive the fans away completely... as someone else said he has the arrogance of Keane, the tactical knowledge of Jewell and the diplomacy of McCarthy.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

All jokes aside on 14:33 - May 27 with 2102 viewsWD19

All jokes aside on 11:34 - May 27 by solemio

Warburton or Scott Parker with a mentor.

Parker has drifted right out in the betting. I suspect he has already been told thanks but no thanks.
All jokes aside on 14:48 - May 27 with 2058 viewsMatt_Netherlands

All jokes aside on 11:56 - May 27 by Betablocker

Wonder if steijn got an interview?

EADT seemed to think there was interest / contact.... pretty sure they are on some sort of commission if he gets appointed though, the amount the brig his name up!!

Despite knowing little about him, I’d opt for him over Gilet Tim or Warburton
All jokes aside on 14:52 - May 27 with 2042 viewsSuperfrans

Personally, ignoring everything else, I’d like Warburton.

But, given that Evans has targeted a young, hungry manager in Ross and Hurst, I’d expect him to go for someone like that. Maybe Parker, or another look at someone like Nathan Jones or Darrell Clarke.

I do wonder whether Evans has reached out to anyone else since Ross became unavailable. Unless he knows for certain that we have Hurst whatever happens today, he must have a plan b in mind, surely. And if we haven’t felt comfortable enough to appoint any of those we’ve already interviewed, maybe he has tried to talk to one or two other options...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

All jokes aside on 14:56 - May 27 with 2030 viewssolemio

All jokes aside on 14:52 - May 27 by Superfrans

Personally, ignoring everything else, I’d like Warburton.

But, given that Evans has targeted a young, hungry manager in Ross and Hurst, I’d expect him to go for someone like that. Maybe Parker, or another look at someone like Nathan Jones or Darrell Clarke.

I do wonder whether Evans has reached out to anyone else since Ross became unavailable. Unless he knows for certain that we have Hurst whatever happens today, he must have a plan b in mind, surely. And if we haven’t felt comfortable enough to appoint any of those we’ve already interviewed, maybe he has tried to talk to one or two other options...

Nathan Jones has been my first choice all along, but he was clearly ruled out early on - I presume by Luton Town and/or by himself. Didn't he sign a new long-term contract?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024