Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one 08:00 - May 22 with 7692 viewsgiant_stow

Fatal and in broad daylight on the high Street. Govt, get a fcking grip ffs. Govern!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 11:55 - May 22 with 3023 viewsgiant_stow

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 11:48 - May 22 by tcblue

And yet it hasn't ever been done fairly, to my knowledge. Why is that, do you think?

(I don't have any answers either, and I don't like chucking the towel in, but equally it seems a bit simplistic that we're assuming that it's something achievable and yet the people who are experts in their field haven't been able to do it)

Are you saying that there's never been a single 'decent' stop and search? I can't believe that. Just because it's not worked in the past doesn't mean it can't in the future, especially as attitudes change and more bem police come into the force over time.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 11:55 - May 22 with 3022 viewsbrazil1982

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 11:47 - May 22 by giant_stow

Ah, you're a racist! Ok mr, no worries.

Careful now.
Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 12:00 - May 22 with 3017 viewsgiant_stow

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 11:55 - May 22 by brazil1982

Careful now.

Although that's a bit of threaty post and part of me would like to see this through because of that, you're right, I can't be certain you're a racist because of one sh1t comment, so I take it back.

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 12:08 - May 22 with 2996 viewseireblue

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 11:46 - May 22 by brazil1982

Take money off pensions? My Mum would love that, being on the minimum amount.

Maybe ask why some cultural groups of our lovely, diverse-rich capital are so stabby.

Hmmm, I wonder if gangs have existed in London over the last couple of hundred years.

Could it be worth taking a look through the history books and maybe look for some common themes.
Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 12:12 - May 22 with 2989 viewsBrixtonBlue

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 09:56 - May 22 by chicoazul

Alternatively, everyone stop doing coke. Your selfish pleasures are a direct cause of this violence.

Yep, all knife crime is due to cocaine.

Another subject you're supremely ignorant on.

You sound like my dad at times, but at least he has the excuse of being in his 80's.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 12:19 - May 22 with 2985 viewstcblue

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 11:55 - May 22 by giant_stow

Are you saying that there's never been a single 'decent' stop and search? I can't believe that. Just because it's not worked in the past doesn't mean it can't in the future, especially as attitudes change and more bem police come into the force over time.

There's never been a single successful, 'decent' stop and search PROGRAMME.

Thinking about it, that's because of the fallibility of humans. Maybe our new robot masters with their AI will be able to fairly assess risk and conduct them in a fair way.

Or take over and wipe us out. Either way, problem solved.
Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 12:27 - May 22 with 2970 viewschicoazul

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 12:12 - May 22 by BrixtonBlue

Yep, all knife crime is due to cocaine.

Another subject you're supremely ignorant on.

You sound like my dad at times, but at least he has the excuse of being in his 80's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43653291

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 12:41 - May 22 with 2945 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 08:05 - May 22 by Herbivore

Too busy with Brexit, governing is on hold for at least the next two and a half years as it has been for the last two years, sadly.

Theresa May
Sadiq Khan
Head of Met Police.

All are responsible for this. May was a mad Home Secretary for years, Khan is out of his depth and utterly useless and I have no words for the people who run the Met.

London is lost.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Login to get fewer ads

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 13:42 - May 22 with 2904 viewsLeoMuff

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 11:35 - May 22 by chicoazul

Alcohol and tobacco are legal. Children arent killing one another in the streets over control of an illegal trade in gin.

Or better still legalise it and control the revenue stream.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:04 - May 22 with 2890 viewsBrixtonBlue

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 12:27 - May 22 by chicoazul

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43653291

So that's one man's opinion, not all knife crime and not all cocaine!

"He told BBC Radio 4's Today programme there was "no single cause" for it."

I think posting a link to display your ignorance further isn't helping you.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:06 - May 22 with 2889 viewsRadlett_blue

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 11:31 - May 22 by chicoazul

Clamp down on buyers of drugs not sellers. Remove the demand.

Or, legalise drugs which will then remove the criminal activity associated with them.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:08 - May 22 with 2886 viewsBrixtonBlue

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 12:41 - May 22 by The_Last_Baron

Theresa May
Sadiq Khan
Head of Met Police.

All are responsible for this. May was a mad Home Secretary for years, Khan is out of his depth and utterly useless and I have no words for the people who run the Met.

London is lost.

"It's a national problem… You can't cut 40% from the Met Police, 46% from youth provisions in London and not expect to see consequences."

Mr Khan said he had asked for a meeting with Prime Minister Theresa May about the issue six weeks ago but so far, had not secured one.

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:10 - May 22 with 2880 viewsRadlett_blue

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:08 - May 22 by BrixtonBlue

"It's a national problem… You can't cut 40% from the Met Police, 46% from youth provisions in London and not expect to see consequences."

Mr Khan said he had asked for a meeting with Prime Minister Theresa May about the issue six weeks ago but so far, had not secured one.

Khan is political point scoring, like most modern politicians.

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:12 - May 22 with 2874 viewsBrixtonBlue

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:10 - May 22 by Radlett_blue

Are those not facts then?

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:21 - May 22 with 2855 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:08 - May 22 by BrixtonBlue

Khan pumped a load of money into setting up a unit to track down people posting offences comments online. 900 police are used for this. I'd rather if he had these 900 people on the street tackling the criminals who carry knives and rob people.

We need tough, draconian measures and sentences to reign this crap in. Unfortunately this will not happen in London as politicians and police chiefs do not have the will or balls to comply.

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:22 - May 22 with 2853 viewschicoazul

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:04 - May 22 by BrixtonBlue

So that's one man's opinion, not all knife crime and not all cocaine!

"He told BBC Radio 4's Today programme there was "no single cause" for it."

I think posting a link to display your ignorance further isn't helping you.

Well, if you would like to use your brain just this once and go back and read what I wrote as opposed to what you think I wrote, I didnt say "all knife crime" and I didnt say "all cocaine". I said buying cocaine makes you a direct cause of children stabbing each other on our streets, which it does. I appreciate you are working on nuance though. You'll see i'm right in a few posts time once you calm down.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:22 - May 22 with 2852 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:10 - May 22 by Radlett_blue

Khan is one of the most useless politicians in the land. Makes Livingstone look like a genius.

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:26 - May 22 with 2844 viewsBrixtonBlue

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:22 - May 22 by chicoazul

Well, if you would like to use your brain just this once and go back and read what I wrote as opposed to what you think I wrote, I didnt say "all knife crime" and I didnt say "all cocaine". I said buying cocaine makes you a direct cause of children stabbing each other on our streets, which it does. I appreciate you are working on nuance though. You'll see i'm right in a few posts time once you calm down.

You are quite right. I apologise.

I need some cocaine to unwind.

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:28 - May 22 with 2839 viewschicoazul

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:26 - May 22 by BrixtonBlue

You are quite right. I apologise.

I need some cocaine to unwind.

Get a job Jerseys. All this time at home in front of the computer arguing on here has made you look very silly the last few days. It's not healthy.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 14:28]

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:36 - May 22 with 2821 viewsRadlett_blue

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:21 - May 22 by The_Last_Baron

Khan pumped a load of money into setting up a unit to track down people posting offences comments online. 900 police are used for this. I'd rather if he had these 900 people on the street tackling the criminals who carry knives and rob people.

We need tough, draconian measures and sentences to reign this crap in. Unfortunately this will not happen in London as politicians and police chiefs do not have the will or balls to comply.

Most of the stabbings in London almost certainly consist of gang members attacking perceived rivals. The risk to most law abiding members o the public is miniscule. So while I agree that investigating on-line hate crime is a poor use of scare resources, I don't think re-allocating these police to stop & search is going to make the public much safer.

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:41 - May 22 with 2813 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:36 - May 22 by Radlett_blue

Most of the stabbings in London almost certainly consist of gang members attacking perceived rivals. The risk to most law abiding members o the public is miniscule. So while I agree that investigating on-line hate crime is a poor use of scare resources, I don't think re-allocating these police to stop & search is going to make the public much safer.

Nonsense. I know of people who have been robbed at knife point who are ordinary members of the public. Some of the people killed this year are not in gangs and are not criminals.

We need to go to war with the gangs and root them out by the balls. Then we need to encourage society yo adopt family values and police themselves, like every civilised society does. Parts of London today are uncivilised and this will spread its net far and wide it left unchecked.

I for one am not prepared to see people killed left, right and centre due to poor policies and weak policing. Either these people step up to the plate or they should be replaced.

Even if all the people being murdered were gang members, I do not want to see this type of behaviour in the UK. We are not Brazil, Guatemala or El Salvador.

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:43 - May 22 with 2809 viewstcblue

Isn't it odd how much power the Mayor of London has now compared to Boris? That must be why so many people hold Khan accountable for this sort of thing, despite the police cuts being laid out and mandated by our now PM, and at least started by Boris (along with shutting fire stations).
Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 15:16 - May 22 with 2790 viewsBrixtonBlue

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:28 - May 22 by chicoazul

Get a job Jerseys. All this time at home in front of the computer arguing on here has made you look very silly the last few days. It's not healthy.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 14:28]

Only this thread. I'm still correct on the others.

I'm sending out emails for jobs, don't you worry. I'm in the garden and it's glorious. A great time to be unemployed!

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 15:45 - May 22 with 2764 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 14:43 - May 22 by tcblue

Isn't it odd how much power the Mayor of London has now compared to Boris? That must be why so many people hold Khan accountable for this sort of thing, despite the police cuts being laid out and mandated by our now PM, and at least started by Boris (along with shutting fire stations).

A civilised society should not need to be guarded by the police. Its a society problem in London, that is the breakdown of civilisation in areas that needs to be sorted out. However I feel that unless there is a sudden and drastic change in direction it will be too late to rectify.

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 16:03 - May 22 with 2744 viewschicoazul

Three more stabbings in Islington alone in the last few days, one on 15:45 - May 22 by The_Last_Baron

A civilised society should not need to be guarded by the police. Its a society problem in London, that is the breakdown of civilisation in areas that needs to be sorted out. However I feel that unless there is a sudden and drastic change in direction it will be too late to rectify.

I can't agree entirely with that, we had a far more civilised society 60 years ago and still needed the police. You will always have bad apples in any society.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024