Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad 17:51 - May 15 with 2582 viewsvilanovablue

I can't say I'm that disappointed. Hart has had a pretty poor season and Wilshere's body seems to have had it, sadly.
No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 17:59 - May 15 with 2543 viewsSpruceMoose

At 31 Joe Hart should be cementing his place as England's number 1 for this tournament, and the next. He should be in his prime. He's rubbish though and England's lack of goalkeeping options over the last few years has really done wonders for his career.

"Hart made a few mistakes, especially when coming out for the ball,” said Cairo. “He is an important goalkeeper. We probably didn’t expect so many mistakes from an England international..." - Urbano Cairo, Torino President.

Urbano knows the score.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 18:03 - May 15 with 2525 viewswkj

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 17:59 - May 15 by SpruceMoose

At 31 Joe Hart should be cementing his place as England's number 1 for this tournament, and the next. He should be in his prime. He's rubbish though and England's lack of goalkeeping options over the last few years has really done wonders for his career.

"Hart made a few mistakes, especially when coming out for the ball,” said Cairo. “He is an important goalkeeper. We probably didn’t expect so many mistakes from an England international..." - Urbano Cairo, Torino President.

Urbano knows the score.

Randy........ I liquor told me to say it........... Hart is a donkey innit

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 18:08 - May 15 with 2499 viewsvilanovablue

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 17:59 - May 15 by SpruceMoose

Urbano knows the score.

In fairness whilst are 3 keepers aren't playing European football or for top clubs they have had plenty of practice. We are looking at Pickford, Butland and Pope I presume? Although 3 keepers feels excessive...
No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 18:12 - May 15 with 2480 viewsSpruceMoose

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 18:03 - May 15 by wkj

Randy........ I liquor told me to say it........... Hart is a donkey innit

Pipe down Bubbles, you sh!thawking samsquanch.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 18:40 - May 15 with 2407 viewsvapour_trail

Wilshere has played nearly 40 games this season. He’s always a risk though and I’m not sure he’s quite the influence he was previously.

Assume this means Lallana travels as the one injury risk.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 18:48 - May 15 with 2390 viewsmanchego

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 18:08 - May 15 by vilanovablue

In fairness whilst are 3 keepers aren't playing European football or for top clubs they have had plenty of practice. We are looking at Pickford, Butland and Pope I presume? Although 3 keepers feels excessive...

3 keepers is standard.
No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 18:52 - May 15 with 2375 viewsvapour_trail

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 18:48 - May 15 by manchego

3 keepers is standard.

I think three keepers is actually mandatory.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 18:56 - May 15 with 2358 viewsSpruceMoose

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 18:52 - May 15 by vapour_trail

I think three keepers is actually mandatory.

I think so. Didn't North Korea get in trouble for only taking two, so they had to train an outfield player as a goalkeeper, or something along those lines?

Edit - They named two goalkeepers, and FIFA made them play the extra outfield player they selected as a goalkeeper.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jun/03/north-korea-world-cup-goalkeepe
[Post edited 15 May 2018 18:57]

Login to get fewer ads

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 19:01 - May 15 with 2332 viewsvilanovablue

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 18:40 - May 15 by vapour_trail

Wilshere has played nearly 40 games this season. He’s always a risk though and I’m not sure he’s quite the influence he was previously.

Assume this means Lallana travels as the one injury risk.

I think he's started 12 prem games which says all you need really. Sadly he's never going to be the player we thought he would be.

I'd like Sessegnon to go a goal scoring full-back who can also play midfield... I don't care much he hasn't played at a higher level I think he's good enough.
No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 19:03 - May 15 with 2323 viewsHennikerBlu

Wilshere, pulled out of the recent England games, maybe justified, but with his injury record it's a no. Whilst he has been decent for Arsenal, this season, Southgate, has to look at his performances for England as well as his injury history. Sad, as hell of a player on his day.

Hart, for me very poor in the Euros, I really cannot see a top goalkeeper for Spain, Germany etcetera, letting that first goal in against Iceland in a tournament. I think that he has struggled ever since and has not adapted well to playing the ball out.
No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 19:38 - May 15 with 2234 viewschristiand

Not to worry, we'll still have the likes of Livermore in there for the creativity.....jeez!!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 19:39 - May 15 with 2230 viewsbenno1uk

This is great news if true. Two of the most overrated players ever.
No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 20:08 - May 15 with 2176 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 18:08 - May 15 by vilanovablue

One keeper plays, another is on the bench. As soon as one is injured or suspended you need the third for the next match.

I think in the World Cup technically both are on the bench and you could actually use all 3 on one match.

You sound like you are of the old Warnock school of have a half decent keeper and don't worry about one on the bench because you rarely need them. That, however, was when there were fewer subs on the bench.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 20:36 - May 15 with 2113 viewsvilanovablue

No Wilshere or Hart in the WC squad on 20:08 - May 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

One keeper plays, another is on the bench. As soon as one is injured or suspended you need the third for the next match.

I think in the World Cup technically both are on the bench and you could actually use all 3 on one match.

You sound like you are of the old Warnock school of have a half decent keeper and don't worry about one on the bench because you rarely need them. That, however, was when there were fewer subs on the bench.

Showing my age, but as someone posted earlier I think only Greece have ever used 3 keepers. In a 7 game tournament it shouldn't be needed.

I'm also old school because I think the Dutch team of the 70s invented how football could be played. I'm a big fan of geometric space and passing a ball to a moving man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024