Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... 19:36 - Apr 30 with 16538 viewsSlambo

...but why do so many mock their East Anglian accents..? I've got a humdinger of one, proud of it, and ham it up to bemused locals on every away day. I wish more of us embraced it, rather than some horrendous Essex accent, Generic Southern English, or - the absolute worst - south London yardie rudeboy...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:48 - May 1 with 3091 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:35 - May 1 by Herbivore

Do you call your mates 'fam'?

No. Not a word I use. Though people I know do say that.

Bruv is far more popular than fam.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:49 - May 1 with 3089 viewswkj

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:48 - May 1 by The_Romford_Blue

No. Not a word I use. Though people I know do say that.

Bruv is far more popular than fam.

what does that one mean?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:49 - May 1 with 3085 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:49 - May 1 by wkj

what does that one mean?

What one?

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:50 - May 1 with 3084 viewswkj

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:49 - May 1 by The_Romford_Blue

What one?

The cipher you use instead of pam

Crybaby

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:52 - May 1 with 3076 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:50 - May 1 by wkj

The cipher you use instead of pam

I haven’t got a scooby what ya chatting about tbh bud

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:53 - May 1 with 3072 viewsSpruceMoose

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:52 - May 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Calm down Del boy, let's not get too excited.
[Post edited 1 May 2018 18:53]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:53 - May 1 with 3072 viewswkj

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:52 - May 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Proper nosh?

Crybaby

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:53 - May 1 with 3070 viewsSpruceMoose

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:53 - May 1 by wkj

Proper nosh?

That's Rommy's spirit animal, I think.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:54 - May 1 with 3068 viewswkj

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:53 - May 1 by SpruceMoose

That's Rommy's spirit animal, I think.

I reckon he'd get well Larey with the Crick

Crybaby

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:55 - May 1 with 3063 viewsSpruceMoose

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:54 - May 1 by wkj

I reckon he'd get well Larey with the Crick

There would be pwoper scenes!

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:58 - May 1 with 3057 viewswkj

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:55 - May 1 by SpruceMoose

There would be pwoper scenes!

Imagine if Danny Dyre's genes were spliced with Harry Enfield's scousers...

Crybaby

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:59 - May 1 with 3054 viewsSpruceMoose

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:58 - May 1 by wkj

Imagine if Danny Dyre's genes were spliced with Harry Enfield's scousers...

Kill it. Kill it with fire.

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 19:00 - May 1 with 3052 viewswkj

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:59 - May 1 by SpruceMoose

Kill it. Kill it with fire.

And then bury said fire in a hazarous waste bunker with lots of yellow warning signs about

Crybaby

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 19:02 - May 1 with 3049 viewsSpruceMoose

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 19:00 - May 1 by wkj

And then bury said fire in a hazarous waste bunker with lots of yellow warning signs about

Then blow up the bunker, scrape all the ashes together and bury it under Bentley Village Green.

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 19:07 - May 1 with 3037 viewswkj

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 19:02 - May 1 by SpruceMoose

Then blow up the bunker, scrape all the ashes together and bury it under Bentley Village Green.

End of

Crybaby

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 19:09 - May 1 with 3032 viewsSpruceMoose

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 19:07 - May 1 by wkj

End of

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 19:12 - May 1 with 3024 viewsslump

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 20:33 - Apr 30 by Slambo

Saahhry Sproocey me owl' daahlin' oi can't quoite agree wiv yer thayer. Only difference I can discern between the two is that budgie-side the rounded 'o' gets narrowed and elongated to an 'oo', so you'll hear a Norwich native often say something like 'hoopefully we'll win a proper troophy some day.' You know, something like that. Or even 'oi et some of Delia Smiff's food yesdy an oi spent moosta the evenin' on th' paan'...

But otherwise, for all our other differences, we are the keepers of the finest accent in the English language and they should blimmin well make everyone in England speak like us...

Agreed.

I worked with a bloke from Norwich and he came into work all shook up. Asking what had happened he proclaimed to the site hut that he had "got cut up near the bus stop and hit a load of coons"

"You what? That's horrific on many levels mate" We were working at the bottom of Woodbridge Road. "You daft racist Naridge idiot"...... "Rude coons" he protests!

It was funny at the time, but I guess you had to be there....

UTT

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 22:24 - May 1 with 2968 viewsSlambo

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 19:12 - May 1 by slump

Agreed.

I worked with a bloke from Norwich and he came into work all shook up. Asking what had happened he proclaimed to the site hut that he had "got cut up near the bus stop and hit a load of coons"

"You what? That's horrific on many levels mate" We were working at the bottom of Woodbridge Road. "You daft racist Naridge idiot"...... "Rude coons" he protests!

It was funny at the time, but I guess you had to be there....

Hhahahahahahah!!!!

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 22:48 - May 1 with 2955 viewsNewcyBlue

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:38 - May 1 by SpruceMoose

Maybe to those low quality 'birds' you have down in Romford.

Nowt wrong with the Geordie accent!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 03:23 - May 2 with 2908 viewstextbackup

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:18 - May 1 by The_Romford_Blue

I’d prefer my essex/south London yardie rudeboy accent than one from the east of England definitely

that's why you'll never be truly accepted as a Town fan.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 03:30 - May 2 with 2906 viewsSpruceMoose

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 03:23 - May 2 by textbackup

That's straight out of the 12th_man school of thought!

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 03:34 - May 2 with 2903 viewstextbackup

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 03:30 - May 2 by SpruceMoose

That's straight out of the 12th_man school of thought!

its also joking with my pal Romford

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 03:47 - May 2 with 2900 viewsSpruceMoose

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 03:34 - May 2 by textbackup

its also joking with my pal Romford

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 04:06 - May 2 with 2894 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 03:23 - May 2 by textbackup

Damn. You’ve hit me with the truth just 12 months before our Championship & FA Cup double winning season.

With Dagenham all but folding in the next fortnight, my next local team is.... Bloody West Ham. Terrific... bruv. .

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 06:09 - May 2 with 2866 viewsBenters2

There are many things to take the mick out of Norwich about... on 18:18 - May 1 by The_Romford_Blue

I’d prefer my essex/south London yardie rudeboy accent than one from the east of England definitely

I thought you sounded like Rodney
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024