Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wish I went tonight for his last game now 22:38 - Apr 10 with 4218 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The football may have become awful towards the end. And he was negative at times. Very stubborn. But there were good times. The playoff season. Brentford Away that year. Charlton Away. Watford Away. Keeping us up that first year. As much as the Mick-haters will have you believe, he did a good job on the whole. We overachieved more often than not. He always tried his best. And, more importantly of all, he brought some pride back to the club with a group of players that were united with the fans. As sad as it is, that playoff season is as good as it has been in my ITFC supporting lifetime.

Cheers for the memories Mick.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 22:50 - Apr 10 with 4163 viewsEwan_Oozami

Totally agree - I was there tonight and it was an improved performance, Cotter played well, was starting to tire and needed bringing off, but Mick, being Mick, couldn't wait for the usual 60th minute to sub him, but subbed him after 55 minutes thus guaranteeing the reaction from those who must not be named. He made sure he was going on his terms! Such a shame as he had done so much to keep the club going despite the shackles of Marcus Evans.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 22:59 - Apr 10 with 4134 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 22:50 - Apr 10 by Ewan_Oozami

Totally agree - I was there tonight and it was an improved performance, Cotter played well, was starting to tire and needed bringing off, but Mick, being Mick, couldn't wait for the usual 60th minute to sub him, but subbed him after 55 minutes thus guaranteeing the reaction from those who must not be named. He made sure he was going on his terms! Such a shame as he had done so much to keep the club going despite the shackles of Marcus Evans.

I’d like to think that after Evans ruins us and we get relegated in a couple of years, some of those that hated mick so passionately will admit that mick was actually overachieving all along.

Their hatred was aimed at the wrong person.

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 23:00 - Apr 10 with 4116 viewspointofblue

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 22:59 - Apr 10 by The_Romford_Blue

I’d like to think that after Evans ruins us and we get relegated in a couple of years, some of those that hated mick so passionately will admit that mick was actually overachieving all along.

Evans has lost his human shield tonight - I think he understands that Mick was his protection and now more pressure will be placed on him from the fanbase.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 23:05 - Apr 10 with 4100 viewspatrickswell

The thing is, I really believe that he had a squad that could have challenged for the top 6 had we not had so many injuries. And in almost every case he lost players that would have made us more attractive to watch.
I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 23:07 - Apr 10 with 4086 viewspointofblue

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 23:05 - Apr 10 by patrickswell

The thing is, I really believe that he had a squad that could have challenged for the top 6 had we not had so many injuries. And in almost every case he lost players that would have made us more attractive to watch.

Going through our squad list tonight, we had Gerken, Iorfa, Chambers, Webster, Bishop, McGoldrick, Garner, Adeyemi and Huws all missing through injury. They'd make up the heart of a decent first team between them and Mick couldn't pick any of them due to injury - and hasn't been able to do for most of the season in many cases.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 23:12 - Apr 10 with 4063 viewsEwan_Oozami

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 22:59 - Apr 10 by The_Romford_Blue

The mistake Evans keeps making is to assume the football management is the same as business management and he just needs a few experts to point him in the direction of the right manager who he then leaves to get on with the job within the budget he's set. After Jim, all 3 managers have ticked what looked like the right boxes, but only now hopefully, will Evans realise that that is not always the best approach if you don't have a lot of money to spend!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 23:28 - Apr 10 with 4029 viewspatrickswell

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 23:12 - Apr 10 by Ewan_Oozami

The mistake Evans keeps making is to assume the football management is the same as business management and he just needs a few experts to point him in the direction of the right manager who he then leaves to get on with the job within the budget he's set. After Jim, all 3 managers have ticked what looked like the right boxes, but only now hopefully, will Evans realise that that is not always the best approach if you don't have a lot of money to spend!

The interesting thing is when it mattered, Evans failed Mick. He was let down to varying degrees by his three predecessors, but once it became clear that Mick could get a side to be competitive, Evans really needed to make sure that we were shopping higher than Piotr Malarczyk and Laursen Toure.
I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 00:30 - Apr 11 with 3947 viewsGarv

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 23:07 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

Going through our squad list tonight, we had Gerken, Iorfa, Chambers, Webster, Bishop, McGoldrick, Garner, Adeyemi and Huws all missing through injury. They'd make up the heart of a decent first team between them and Mick couldn't pick any of them due to injury - and hasn't been able to do for most of the season in many cases.

Iorfa has been fit for the majority and on many occasions dropped for Spence.
Gerken is well and truly 2nd choice. Woulnd't have played anyway.
Chambers has missed...one game? Tonight.
Webster has been fit for the majority.
If we were counting on Bishop being fit regularly and playing a good part we were mugs.
McGoldrick is a miss sometimes but even he a lot of people won't be sad to see the back of.
Garner wasn't doing a lot even when he was fit recently. Admittedly probably on his way down, was better earlier on in the season.
Adeyemi has done next to nothing to show he is any good so far.
Huws is the main one really and clearly there is a point there. As someone who makes things happen. Dozzell too would have been useful you would have thought.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 00:53 - Apr 11 with 3923 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 00:30 - Apr 11 by Garv

If we were counting on Bishop being fit regularly and playing a good part we were mugs.
McGoldrick is a miss sometimes but even he a lot of people won't be sad to see the back of.
Garner wasn't doing a lot even when he was fit recently. Admittedly probably on his way down, was better earlier on in the season.
Huws is the main one really and clearly there is a point there. As someone who makes things happen. Dozzell too would have been useful you would have thought.

Losing your best midfielder is quite a blow on its own though to be fair

Best midfielder we’ve had on the books in many years and he misses most of the season through injury

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 00:59 - Apr 11 with 3915 viewsTheBlueBarca

Marcus Evans is about to be very exposed I feel. The mans track record here is atrocious. Mick has taken most of the hate until this point, but he's only able to hide behind managers and MD's so long.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 07:01 - Apr 11 with 3783 viewsBrixtonBlue

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 23:07 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

Dozzell!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 07:03 - Apr 11 with 3776 viewsBrixtonBlue

I think Mick read on here that we weren't going and decided enough is enough.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:11 - Apr 11 with 3707 viewsCityBoyBlue

Towards the end?? The Football has been shocking for the last 2 1/2 years! Hopefully we can all BELIEVE in a brighter future now the dinosaur has gone
I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:12 - Apr 11 with 3701 viewsartsbossbeard

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:11 - Apr 11 by CityBoyBlue

Towards the end?? The Football has been shocking for the last 2 1/2 years! Hopefully we can all BELIEVE in a brighter future now the dinosaur has gone

Sunshine & rainbow football from here on in, no question.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:30 - Apr 11 with 3684 viewsCityBoyBlue

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:12 - Apr 11 by artsbossbeard

Sunshine & rainbow football from here on in, no question.

Anything but what I have been watching. Even got an extra ST for next season earlier this week.
I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:32 - Apr 11 with 3677 viewsartsbossbeard

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:30 - Apr 11 by CityBoyBlue

Anything but what I have been watching. Even got an extra ST for next season earlier this week.

Bookmarked.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:34 - Apr 11 with 3669 viewsCityBoyBlue

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:32 - Apr 11 by artsbossbeard

Bookmarked.

What does that mean?
I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:36 - Apr 11 with 3661 viewsLord_Lucan

Mick has been manager here for almost a third of your life.

Poor old Rommy biscuit.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:37 - Apr 11 with 3655 viewsNewcyBlue

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:34 - Apr 11 by CityBoyBlue

What does that mean?

It means when you start whining in 6 months time ABB is going to bring this post up...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:37 - Apr 11 with 3653 viewsHerbivore

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 00:30 - Apr 11 by Garv

Chambers missed a month at the start of the season, Webster has missed big chunks of the season too. Garner leads the line well and had bagged himself a couple of goals leading up to being out injured. Those three, along with Didz and Huws, are big misses. I liked the very little I saw of Adeyemi and I'm sure he'd have added something this season, as would Bishop and Dozzell. You can't just dismiss the impact that so many long term injuries, mainly to our better footballers, have had.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:39 - Apr 11 with 3640 viewsBetablocker

Get a grip man - the football has been deplorable

Memories

Few and far between I am afraid
I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:41 - Apr 11 with 3633 viewsITFC_Forever

And that's part of the problem.

All those highlights you list were from 3 or more years ago. Since then we've got progressively worse.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:44 - Apr 11 with 3621 viewsHerbivore

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:41 - Apr 11 by ITFC_Forever

And that's part of the problem.

All those highlights you list were from 3 or more years ago. Since then we've got progressively worse.

In fairness this season pre-Xmas was pretty good. Generally much more attacking, winning games (especially at home) and some good new signings. We've well and truly come down with the decorations though and last season had precious few highlights, although I loved us properly turning Newcastle over at home.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:45 - Apr 11 with 3620 viewsCityBoyBlue

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:37 - Apr 11 by NewcyBlue

It means when you start whining in 6 months time ABB is going to bring this post up...

that’s big of him...😂
I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:47 - Apr 11 with 3606 viewsartsbossbeard

I wish I went tonight for his last game now on 08:45 - Apr 11 by CityBoyBlue

that’s big of him...😂

Don't forget clever too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024