Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... 12:53 - Apr 2 with 5354 viewsJackSted

VVV-Venlo are currently the second-lowest goal scorers in the Eredivisie with only 31 goals in 29 games.

I know all of you want high-scoring, fast-paced games but I can honestly imagine all of you whining next season if we only score 31 goals in 29 games.

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 12:54 - Apr 2 with 5331 viewsLimitlessBlue

different country, different league, different players....

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 12:57 - Apr 2 with 5307 viewsJackSted

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 12:54 - Apr 2 by LimitlessBlue

Frank de Boer, when managing Ajax, was doing amazing well but as soon as he joined Crystal Palace they could barely have a shot on goal.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 12:58]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 12:58 - Apr 2 with 5300 viewsHarry_Palmer

- It's their first season in the top flight.
- They have the lowest budget.
- They will stay up comfortably.

I'd say that's a decent achievement and I doubt their fans will have been expecting them to smash 3 or 4 in every week.
For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 12:59 - Apr 2 with 5285 viewsLuke40885

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 12:54 - Apr 2 by LimitlessBlue

Burnley, in our Top League (some would say the best in the world) have only scored 29 goals in 31 Games. Most people would say they’re doing alright...

Iᴘsᴡɪᴄʜ Tᴏᴡɴ Fᴏᴏᴛʙᴀʟʟ Cʟᴜʙ
Poll: Will you be renewing?

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:04 - Apr 2 with 5222 viewsJohnny_Boy

That's the spirit!
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 15:43]
For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:06 - Apr 2 with 5203 viewsPinewoodblue

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 12:59 - Apr 2 by Luke40885

Burnley, in our Top League (some would say the best in the world) have only scored 29 goals in 31 Games. Most people would say they’re doing alright...

Anther thread cut short by someone being irresponsible and bringing facts into it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:08 - Apr 2 with 5175 viewsBluefish

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 12:58 - Apr 2 by Harry_Palmer

I'd say that's a decent achievement and I doubt their fans will have been expecting them to smash 3 or 4 in every week.

If he comes here he will still have a low budget. What would the expectation be?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:08 - Apr 2 with 5178 viewsITFCBlues

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 12:58 - Apr 2 by Harry_Palmer

On that basis, why haven’t we stuck with Mick?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:10 - Apr 2 with 5157 viewsgosblue

5th best defence in the division is a good platform to build on. I still think he would be a popular choice especially if we could get someone like Reuser as his assistant. It could be something to get excited about.
For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:14 - Apr 2 with 5134 viewsLuke40885

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:10 - Apr 2 by gosblue

5th best defence in the division is a good platform to build on. I still think he would be a popular choice especially if we could get someone like Reuser as his assistant. It could be something to get excited about.

On the other hand, why would he leave.. is the English Championship considered a level par to Top Flight Eredivisie?

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:18 - Apr 2 with 5111 viewsHarry_Palmer

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:08 - Apr 2 by ITFCBlues

Eh? I am explaining why a small Dutch team in their first season up are not scoring lots of goals.... and why this would not be a reason to totally discount their Manager.

Surely I don't have to explain to you why Mick is going?
For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:18 - Apr 2 with 5107 viewstheblueginger

He's still my #1 choice. Something different, promotes youth and doesn't suffer fools by all accounts.
For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:20 - Apr 2 with 5099 viewsHarry_Palmer

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:08 - Apr 2 by Bluefish

If he comes here he will still have a low budget. What would the expectation be?

Top two in his first season knowing most of our supporters....
For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:21 - Apr 2 with 5089 viewsLuke40885

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:20 - Apr 2 by Harry_Palmer

Top two in his first season knowing most of our supporters....

Obviously, why else would we renew.

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:48 - Apr 2 with 5007 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:18 - Apr 2 by Harry_Palmer

Eh? I am explaining why a small Dutch team in their first season up are not scoring lots of goals.... and why this would not be a reason to totally discount their Manager.

Surely I don't have to explain to you why Mick is going?

So you want to replace the manager who overperforms with one of the lowest budgets in the division, albeit with less than attractive football and a shortage of goals, with a manager from Holland who overperforms with one of the lowest budgets in the division, albeit with a shortage of goals (and presumably less attractive football although I can’t say that with certainty)

I would actually be really excited by an appointment like this, but I am struggling to see why some of the more vocal Mick outers are so keen

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:50 - Apr 2 with 4997 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:14 - Apr 2 by Luke40885

On the other hand, why would he leave.. is the English Championship considered a level par to Top Flight Eredivisie?

In a word, yes

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:54 - Apr 2 with 4980 viewsLord_Lucan

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:48 - Apr 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So you want to replace the manager who overperforms with one of the lowest budgets in the division, albeit with less than attractive football and a shortage of goals, with a manager from Holland who overperforms with one of the lowest budgets in the division, albeit with a shortage of goals (and presumably less attractive football although I can’t say that with certainty)

I would actually be really excited by an appointment like this, but I am struggling to see why some of the more vocal Mick outers are so keen

I think Mick Mack has massively over performed by getting the calibre of players in that he has with little money, but he has also massively under performed in getting them to play football.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 14:39 - Apr 2 with 4867 viewsGeoffSentence

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:08 - Apr 2 by ITFCBlues

On the basis that Steijn has got his team promoted and doing well, whereas Mick hasn't.

See the difference?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 14:42 - Apr 2 with 4846 viewsSpruceMoose

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:50 - Apr 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

In a word, yes

So, finishing near the top would get you into that hat for playing in Europe rather than into the playoffs?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 16:06 - Apr 2 with 4742 viewsSkuse4ballondor

They scored 75 goals in 38 games when they won promotion.
For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 17:06 - Apr 2 with 4657 viewsHarry_Palmer

For all those who want Maurice Steijn as our next manager... on 13:48 - Apr 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I didn't say I wanted him, I was merely pointing out the flaws in the point raised in the OP.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024