Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hunting Hitler (TV Series) 10:12 - Mar 1 with 2124 viewsstig4532

Has anyone else been watching the TV series Hunting Hitler on the History Channel? It certainly is fascinating to investigate the theory that Hitler escaped Berlin before the end of the war.

Whether or not this is true is always debatable, but nevertheless it's very interesting to see the old abandoned buildings and artifacts that may have been used by Nazis in South American post-WWII.
Hunting Hitler (TV Series) on 10:18 - Mar 1 with 2097 viewsNewcyBlue

I have seen the first series.

Went ashore in Rio Grande in Brazil once, that’s where I think it was the ballet in the dance hall?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Hunting Hitler (TV Series) on 10:33 - Mar 1 with 2062 viewsstig4532

Hunting Hitler (TV Series) on 10:18 - Mar 1 by NewcyBlue

Went ashore in Rio Grande in Brazil once, that’s where I think it was the ballet in the dance hall?

That's correct, where an FBI report stated that a French spy had witnessed seeing Hitler at a private ballet in 1947.
Hunting Hitler (TV Series) on 10:59 - Mar 1 with 2039 viewsazuremerlangus

Hunting Hitler (TV Series) on 10:18 - Mar 1 by NewcyBlue

Not seen the series but I have been to Rio Grande too. Massive beach everyone drives down to a smaller seaside resort - do you mean the the community hall in the main street there?

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Hunting Hitler (TV Series) on 12:30 - Mar 1 with 1969 viewsGuthrum

I tend to think it very unlikely that Hitler went to South America at the end of the War.

It wasn't at all the man's style to embrace covert anonymity, skulking in hiding without even an attempt to reestablish himself upon the world stage. Whereas going down with a dramatic gesture amid the flames of Gotterdammerung decidedly was. To even risk being captured while fleeing, followed by an inevitable trial, would have been foolish.

It's not like there was any future for his ideology. As he himself said (to Speer), it and the German people had failed. The communists and Western democracies had won. The world had proved itself unworthy of him. No reason to stick around.

Of course, many of the surviving middle-ranking Nazis did not feel that way at all and were more than happy to escape to some relatively secure bolthole where they could live out their lives under the protection of sympathetic dictatorships.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hunting Hitler (TV Series) on 14:01 - Mar 1 with 1887 viewsBecclesITFC

I'm going to do a catch up and watch these. I have seen Nazi hunters on history channel. It is interesting. It really wasn't that long ago when you think about it. You will always get theories, the Titanic disaster being another one. I just hope he is dead and died in agony knowing that he will burn in hell for his actions.
Hunting Hitler (TV Series) on 18:06 - Mar 1 with 1796 viewscrunchie1978

Hunting Hitler (TV Series) on 12:30 - Mar 1 by Guthrum

I tend to think it very unlikely that Hitler went to South America at the end of the War.

It wasn't at all the man's style to embrace covert anonymity, skulking in hiding without even an attempt to reestablish himself upon the world stage. Whereas going down with a dramatic gesture amid the flames of Gotterdammerung decidedly was. To even risk being captured while fleeing, followed by an inevitable trial, would have been foolish.

It's not like there was any future for his ideology. As he himself said (to Speer), it and the German people had failed. The communists and Western democracies had won. The world had proved itself unworthy of him. No reason to stick around.

Of course, many of the surviving middle-ranking Nazis did not feel that way at all and were more than happy to escape to some relatively secure bolthole where they could live out their lives under the protection of sympathetic dictatorships.

I've watched it...i agree with you...but he easily could of escaped there...good series well worth a watch.
on 18:17 - Mar 1 with 1784 views_

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024