Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 08:55 - Jan 31 with 6131 viewspete81

Can we put together a starting 11 from all those favourite rumours we love to laugh about on transfer deadline day??
I'll start with the obvious:

Gk: Hislop

Cm: kaschlol (sp)

Cf: Batistuta
on 08:56 - Jan 31 with 5074 views_

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:01 - Jan 31 with 5050 viewsCurrie10

Nugent
Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:02 - Jan 31 with 5052 viewshomer_123

on 08:56 - Jan 31 by _

At the risk of embellishing this....didn't he:

1. Get photo'd with a Town shirt?
2. Actually sign a contract?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:09 - Jan 31 with 5032 viewshomer_123

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:02 - Jan 31 by homer_123

At the risk of embellishing this....didn't he:

1. Get photo'd with a Town shirt?
2. Actually sign a contract?

He didn't sign a contract - merely 'stated' he would be joining us.

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:13 - Jan 31 with 5020 viewsPinewoodblue

Could also do best v worst loan XI.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:14 - Jan 31 with 5012 viewsHerbivore

Gullit in CM.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:16 - Jan 31 with 5005 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Charlie Austin and Clegg's inability to locate a pen..

Not sure if it's one that I laugh about though
on 09:23 - Jan 31 with 4993 views_

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:14 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

Gullit in CM.

Login to get fewer ads

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:26 - Jan 31 with 4989 viewsHerbivore

on 09:23 - Jan 31 by _

It wasn't a trial. He was at Feyenoord and earmarked to replace Muhren as he was linked with a move away but ended up staying another year and so we didn't sign Gullit. Gazza had a trial as a youngster and we turned him down.

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:29 - Jan 31 with 4992 viewsPhilTWTD

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:16 - Jan 31 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Charlie Austin and Clegg's inability to locate a pen..

Not sure if it's one that I laugh about though

I actually bumped into the Burnley chairman on a train a few years after that happened. He reckoned Austin's decision was purely down to him having worked with Eddie Howe previously. Money-wise he said there wasn't a lot in it, just that the two had worked together at Bournemouth and had got on well.
Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:29 - Jan 31 with 4973 viewsWD19

Freddy Adu
Shola Ameobi
Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:31 - Jan 31 with 4966 viewspete81

on 08:56 - Jan 31 by _

Where does that leave the Ian crook deal?
Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:34 - Jan 31 with 4960 viewspete81

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:31 - Jan 31 by pete81

Or rumours that went on for years and eventually happened with vareing degrees of success...

St ledger

Heley

Chopra
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 9:35]
on 09:35 - Jan 31 with 4956 views_

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:31 - Jan 31 by pete81

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:35 - Jan 31 with 4957 viewsSteve_M

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:09 - Jan 31 by homer_123

He didn't sign a contract - merely 'stated' he would be joining us.

You're confusing him with Ian Crook.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:36 - Jan 31 with 4952 viewsSteve_M

Gert Verheyen.

Not a rumour but what might have been had Burley managed to sign him.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:55 - Jan 31 with 4907 viewshomer_123

I'm assuming this XI would play against Lazio at home.

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 10:10 - Jan 31 with 4881 viewsIpswichKnight

Kevin Phillips
Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 10:15 - Jan 31 with 4859 viewsStenvict

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:34 - Jan 31 by pete81

Or rumours that went on for years and eventually happened with vareing degrees of success...

St ledger

Heley

Chopra
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 9:35]

Norris

Poll: What will be announced first?

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 10:15 - Jan 31 with 4857 viewsStuartBrett8

Gazza?

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 10:20 - Jan 31 with 4845 viewsPhilTWTD

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:26 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

It wasn't a trial. He was at Feyenoord and earmarked to replace Muhren as he was linked with a move away but ended up staying another year and so we didn't sign Gullit. Gazza had a trial as a youngster and we turned him down.

He was at Haarlem. A Town scout was sent to watch someone else, a goalkeeper I think, but Gullit caught the eye. As per other posts, at the time we already had three overseas players - Muhren, Thijssen and D'Avray, who was yet to get a British passport - so it wasn't taken any further.
Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 10:20 - Jan 31 with 4848 viewsblueysbackside

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 09:29 - Jan 31 by PhilTWTD

I actually bumped into the Burnley chairman on a train a few years after that happened. He reckoned Austin's decision was purely down to him having worked with Eddie Howe previously. Money-wise he said there wasn't a lot in it, just that the two had worked together at Bournemouth and had got on well.

It was during his talks at Portman Road that his dad, who was with him, took a mobile call from Howe. The rest is history. Fact.
Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 10:25 - Jan 31 with 4832 viewsHerbivore

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 10:20 - Jan 31 by PhilTWTD

He was at Haarlem. A Town scout was sent to watch someone else, a goalkeeper I think, but Gullit caught the eye. As per other posts, at the time we already had three overseas players - Muhren, Thijssen and D'Avray, who was yet to get a British passport - so it wasn't taken any further.

Ah! Was it Feyenoord he moved to from Haarlem? I'm sure I read somewhere that Muhren may have been moving on and that would have triggered us going in for Gullit.

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 10:48 - Jan 31 with 4790 viewspete81

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 10:25 - Jan 31 by Herbivore

Ah! Was it Feyenoord he moved to from Haarlem? I'm sure I read somewhere that Muhren may have been moving on and that would have triggered us going in for Gullit.

Trying to remember some of the 'links' when Marcus was first here and actually spending money with jim- there was a Greek striker I think can't remember his name now but certainly had heard of him at the time?
Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 11:13 - Jan 31 with 4750 viewsHerbivore

Previous transfer rumours that always get brought up and laughed at starting x1 on 10:48 - Jan 31 by pete81

Trying to remember some of the 'links' when Marcus was first here and actually spending money with jim- there was a Greek striker I think can't remember his name now but certainly had heard of him at the time?

Charisteas I think, I believe he scored the winner in Euro 2004 final but might be wrong on that one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024