Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool v Chelsea 18:07 - Nov 25 with 2859 viewseastwell_blue

Once upon a time I'd be glued. Now? Not really bothered. Is it me?
Liverpool v Chelsea on 18:19 - Nov 25 with 2843 viewsgtsb1966

No, I'm the same. I find football now quite dull to be honest. Perhaps it's TV saturation, too many cheats or just the fact I'm a lot older now and everything from cup draws to kick off times are so far removed from football from when I used to love it.
Liverpool v Chelsea on 18:40 - Nov 25 with 2821 viewseastwell_blue

Liverpool v Chelsea on 18:19 - Nov 25 by gtsb1966

No, I'm the same. I find football now quite dull to be honest. Perhaps it's TV saturation, too many cheats or just the fact I'm a lot older now and everything from cup draws to kick off times are so far removed from football from when I used to love it.

Agreed. That and there's hardly a UK name on the teamsheet. It's just a circus really and could happen anywhere on the planet
Liverpool v Chelsea on 18:50 - Nov 25 with 2811 viewsstrikalite

Well I've had it on from the start and only just looked across at the picture, that tells you something, just too much on now it must be, oh and no mud ffs, it's late November, this aint real British football.....oh and a lot of the top sides just cancel each other out I think, highlights on MOTD is still the best way of watching it imo...cuts out all the rubbish :)
Liverpool v Chelsea on 18:54 - Nov 25 with 2802 viewsJ2BLUE

At one time i'd have been watching, 100%. Now I genuinely couldn't care less who wins. I thought i'll have a small bet on Liverpool after i've made a cup of tea. Just made it and they scored before I got the bet on. Now i'm turning over. No doubt Conte will have someone to blame. My money is on the ref.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Liverpool v Chelsea on 18:59 - Nov 25 with 2793 viewshoppy

Liverpool v Chelsea on 18:19 - Nov 25 by gtsb1966

There’s only a handful of premier league players I could name, some I would possibly recognise that I couldn’t name and others who’s name I know without being able to identify them. I can’t remember the last time I watched motd, yet alone a full match. I just don’t have the interest in it unless we’re amongst them - so that’s a fair while since that was the case.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Liverpool v Chelsea on 19:02 - Nov 25 with 2789 viewsFreddies_Ears

Nope, not just you. I'm in a wonderful pub (Bree Louise, Euston) watching the eggchasing. No interest in whether Chelski's Russian Billionaire is outperforming Liverpool's American billionaires.
Liverpool v Chelsea on 20:14 - Nov 25 with 2731 viewsfloridablue

No, not just you...here i am in my 60s in Florida and i've the choice of premier league or championship games through roku device. chose both early and late championship games over premier league games, though probably influenced by Town's plight!
Liverpool v Chelsea on 20:30 - Nov 25 with 2709 viewsRonFearonsHair

Liverpool v Chelsea on 20:14 - Nov 25 by floridablue

No, not just you...here i am in my 60s in Florida and i've the choice of premier league or championship games through roku device. chose both early and late championship games over premier league games, though probably influenced by Town's plight!

I thought for a second you said you were in THE '60s and was instantly jealous that you had the '70s and early '80s to look forward to.
Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool v Chelsea on 20:39 - Nov 25 with 2688 viewsRyorry

Liverpool v Chelsea on 19:02 - Nov 25 by Freddies_Ears

Nope, not just you. I'm in a wonderful pub (Bree Louise, Euston) watching the eggchasing. No interest in whether Chelski's Russian Billionaire is outperforming Liverpool's American billionaires.

"No interest in whether Chelski's Russian Billionaire is outperforming Liverpool's American billionaires."

You've put your finger on it there for me - basically, football league positions and trophies these days seem to me to be decided by whichever foreign owner is prepared to write the biggest cheques - sometimes I wonder why they even bother to play the matches!

So, firmly in the 'not just him' OP's camp!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Liverpool v Chelsea on 20:52 - Nov 25 with 2665 viewspoppiesman

I watched the Sheff Utd vs Birmingham game.
Far more entertaining.
Liverpool v Chelsea on 10:53 - Nov 26 with 2538 viewsKeaneish

Agreed. I haven’t watched a single premier league game this season. My fantasy league side is suffers as a result but I have zero interest any more. I cancelled my Sky contract as I didnt want my cash going into the overpaid pockets of players, which is partly what’s killing the game.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024