Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Merkel has sensibly stated that her preference would be another vote 09:26 - Nov 21 with 714 viewshomer_123

over a minority government.

Minority government does suit her style - her approach is to keep as many options open as possible to give her the best chance of a positive outcome...that approach can't work when you are having to wheel and deal on every minutia.

I see their PM is indeed holding cross party talks (as I mentioned yesterday) to seek an approach where a coalition can be formed.

As I said yesterday though, no matter what the outcome, this is Merkels final hurrah. Her border policy of a little while ago is coming back to haunt her, which is a real shame. Her background and history which have shaped her views on refugees and asylum seekers (and therefore policy) is a positive one but it appears this is no longer shared among the wider populous.

Be interesting to see how things pan out over the next couple of weeks.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Merkel has sensibly stated that her preference would be another vote on 13:16 - Nov 21 with 645 viewsTJS

Someone in the CDU just needs to grow a pair and replace her as leader of the party.
Don't get me wrong she's been a good chancellor but like so many other long-serving politicians she just can't seem to grasp when her time is up.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 13:17]
Merkel has sensibly stated that her preference would be another vote on 13:31 - Nov 21 with 629 viewshomer_123

Merkel has sensibly stated that her preference would be another vote on 13:16 - Nov 21 by TJS

Someone in the CDU just needs to grow a pair and replace her as leader of the party.
Don't get me wrong she's been a good chancellor but like so many other long-serving politicians she just can't seem to grasp when her time is up.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 13:17]

Part of the issue is that there is a lack of decent options to replace her.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024