Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny 22:19 - Oct 3 with 7899 viewsDubtractor

Just seen this linked on my facebook feed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/marriage-iain-duncan-smith_uk_59d3b8f9e4b0

"He went on to claim men out of wedlock were “released to do all the things they wouldn’t normally do” such as committing crimes, drinking too much, taking drugs and fathering multiple children."

As an unmarried man I am failing badly at 3 of these.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 14:45 - Oct 4 with 1810 viewsStokieBlue

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 14:38 - Oct 4 by No9

You make an intersting point -
IDS was a disaster for the tories.
JC is doing better than anyone would ever have imagined (you included?) and has (according to the media) made labour the largest political party in Europe
I hear he has had a lot of mentions at the tory conference ?

The tories used to select their leaders from Eton

He's doing very well and appealing to a certain demographic of voters, nobody can deny that.

Once again though (sorry to keep doing this) but you've not answered the question and instead given another question.

Is the education level of the leader important? If you say it is then JC should be gone, if it's not then you shouldn't be citing IDS education/intelligence as making him inappropriate to be leader. Plenty of other things to cite.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 14:58 - Oct 4 with 1794 viewsBlueLikeJazz

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 12:02 - Oct 4 by StokieBlue

Not really sure that's very relevant anymore - JC managed to get two E's at A-Level and he's likely to be prime minister.

It should be relevant and ministers should know what they are talking about - it's a lot to ask though.

SB

Failing his exams isn't relevant - being profoundly and possibly irredeemably thick and arrogant is.
The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 15:49 - Oct 4 with 1768 viewsNo9

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 14:45 - Oct 4 by StokieBlue

He's doing very well and appealing to a certain demographic of voters, nobody can deny that.

Once again though (sorry to keep doing this) but you've not answered the question and instead given another question.

Is the education level of the leader important? If you say it is then JC should be gone, if it's not then you shouldn't be citing IDS education/intelligence as making him inappropriate to be leader. Plenty of other things to cite.

SB

Is the education of a leader important - ?
It depends on the leader doesn't it?

If you have a leader confident enough to brig in 'stars' to support him them maybe not.
If you are a plonker like most politicians then it is probably important but as we see with the current P.M. it doesn't stop them being control freaks - in dealing with the DM/ DT it doesn't matter, dealing with the EU is something else.

I feel that I would go for a charismatic leader who could lead rather than a control freak
The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 15:51 - Oct 4 with 1766 viewsStokieBlue

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 15:49 - Oct 4 by No9

Is the education of a leader important - ?
It depends on the leader doesn't it?

If you have a leader confident enough to brig in 'stars' to support him them maybe not.
If you are a plonker like most politicians then it is probably important but as we see with the current P.M. it doesn't stop them being control freaks - in dealing with the DM/ DT it doesn't matter, dealing with the EU is something else.

I feel that I would go for a charismatic leader who could lead rather than a control freak

So you'd go for Tony Blair then?

SB

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 15:55 - Oct 4 with 1760 viewsNo9

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 15:51 - Oct 4 by StokieBlue

SB

Reckon so-
Would take Wilson over Blair tho'
The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 15:56 - Oct 4 with 1751 viewsNo9

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 15:51 - Oct 4 by StokieBlue

SB

What would be your choice - charismatic leader with a good team or Thatcher, Cameron or May with cabinets full of complete plonkers?
The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 15:57 - Oct 4 with 1751 viewsStokieBlue

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 15:55 - Oct 4 by No9

Reckon so-
Would take Wilson over Blair tho'

I find that an astonishing admission but at least your honest.

SB

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 15:58 - Oct 4 with 1749 viewsNo9

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 15:57 - Oct 4 by StokieBlue

I find that an astonishing admission but at least your honest.

SB

Why is it astonishing?
Wilson was a great PM

& you?
Login to get fewer ads

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 16:00 - Oct 4 with 1748 viewsStokieBlue

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 15:58 - Oct 4 by No9

Why is it astonishing?
Wilson was a great PM

& you?

I mean that you said you'd take Blair.

I would have thought he was a pariah to you.

SB

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 16:07 - Oct 4 with 1737 viewsNo9

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 16:00 - Oct 4 by StokieBlue

I mean that you said you'd take Blair.

I would have thought he was a pariah to you.

SB

Hey, c'mon this asking but not answering is going too far-

Blair had some very good people in his cabinet, that is to his credit.

Having worked with control freaks like Thatcher, Cameron & May I can tell you there are many disasters to be avoided.
The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 17:00 - Oct 4 with 1708 viewsBluetone

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 14:45 - Oct 4 by StokieBlue

SB

[Post edited 4 Oct 2017 19:33]

Blog: My Life and Times as an Ipswich Supporter

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 17:00 - Oct 4 with 1706 viewsRadlett_blue

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 15:58 - Oct 4 by No9

Why is it astonishing?
Wilson was a great PM

& you?

Harold Wilson - a very shrewd, intelligent politician, yes.
But a "great PM" - you're having a laugh.
However, he still makes all the recent No.10 incumbents - with the exception of Blair - look like political pygmies.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 17:04 - Oct 4 with 1703 viewsNo9

The conservatives - so out of touch it is almost funny on 17:00 - Oct 4 by Radlett_blue

Harold Wilson - a very shrewd, intelligent politician, yes.
But a "great PM" - you're having a laugh.
However, he still makes all the recent No.10 incumbents - with the exception of Blair - look like political pygmies.

Wilson was a great PM for a number of reasons
Not least because he told the Americans to 'foxtrot oscar' so I didn't have to go fight he Vietnamese
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024