Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Marriot 22:03 - Sep 23 with 9580 viewsNo9

7 goals this season so far.
Jack Marriot on 12:39 - Sep 24 with 1524 viewsITFCBlues

Jack Marriot on 12:32 - Sep 24 by Bluebell

When he was playing for Middlesbrough the year they went to the Prem he was hardly getting a game. They had others strikers they preferred over him.

Hence the reason he went on loan to Sheffield Wednesday and was still warming the bench a lot as they had Forestieri as the preferred striker.

I would have him back at Ipswich in a heartbeat.

Forresteiri isn't even keeping him out anymore as he's injured. He's just been terrible for them, their fans hate him.

His all round game is poor

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Jack Marriot on 12:46 - Sep 24 with 1517 viewsDolly2.0

Jack Marriot on 12:39 - Sep 24 by ITFCBlues

Forresteiri isn't even keeping him out anymore as he's injured. He's just been terrible for them, their fans hate him.

His all round game is poor

His transfer fees total £27m. Rather a lot for someone as bad as you're making out!

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Jack Marriot on 14:41 - Sep 24 with 1473 viewsITFCBlues

Jack Marriot on 12:46 - Sep 24 by Dolly2.0

His transfer fees total £27m. Rather a lot for someone as bad as you're making out!

Yet he's still waiting for that Premiership move.....

Jack Marriot on 15:00 - Sep 24 with 1461 viewsDolly2.0

Jack Marriot on 14:41 - Sep 24 by ITFCBlues

Yet he's still waiting for that Premiership move.....

This has been discussed so many times on here, there's no point going over it again. As Phil Ham has said himself, the high price for an unproven (at Prem level) striker has put people off thus far.

He's had three big money moves - £8m, £9m and £10m. Do you think those clubs/managers/coaches would be spending those sums on someone as poor as you suggest?

He's also still only 27.

Jack Marriot on 15:03 - Sep 24 with 1456 viewsJ2BLUE

Jack Marriot on 15:00 - Sep 24 by Dolly2.0

This has been discussed so many times on here, there's no point going over it again. As Phil Ham has said himself, the high price for an unproven (at Prem level) striker has put people off thus far.

He's had three big money moves - £8m, £9m and £10m. Do you think those clubs/managers/coaches would be spending those sums on someone as poor as you suggest?

He's also still only 27.

I agree with that to a certain extent but since the new tv deal came in the price for Rhodes has become small change. As you say he's 27 and should be in his prime and yet no one has taken the relatively cheap punt on him that £12m and £60k a week would be to a Prem club.

I don't think he'll ever play in the Prem. He's a very good goalscorer in the Championship but I can't see a Prem team ever wanting him. If Sheff Wed go up they'll probably sell him. Not to say he isn't a very good player of course, he's made a hell of a living at a very good level.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jack Marriot on 15:09 - Sep 24 with 1451 viewsDolly2.0

Jack Marriot on 15:03 - Sep 24 by J2BLUE

I agree with that to a certain extent but since the new tv deal came in the price for Rhodes has become small change. As you say he's 27 and should be in his prime and yet no one has taken the relatively cheap punt on him that £12m and £60k a week would be to a Prem club.

I don't think he'll ever play in the Prem. He's a very good goalscorer in the Championship but I can't see a Prem team ever wanting him. If Sheff Wed go up they'll probably sell him. Not to say he isn't a very good player of course, he's made a hell of a living at a very good level.

He's only just moved to Wednesday for £10m so I doubt they'd sell for £12m.

I take your other points though.

Jack Marriot on 15:10 - Sep 24 with 1447 viewsITFCBlues

Jack Marriot on 15:00 - Sep 24 by Dolly2.0

He's also still only 27.

Funnily enough, neither Karanka or Carvalhal wanted him at their club...

Jack Marriot on 15:12 - Sep 24 with 1447 viewsJ2BLUE

Jack Marriot on 15:09 - Sep 24 by Dolly2.0

Another team could have taken him for the same price. Not sure if his permanent deal was agreed before his loan there but even then another club could have taken him on the same deal.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Marriot on 15:17 - Sep 24 with 1433 viewsITFCBlues

Jack Marriot on 15:09 - Sep 24 by Dolly2.0

I don't think that anyone would pay 12m for a striker averaging less than a goal every 4 games in the last 2 years? Especially with the rest of his game being as limited as it is

Jack Marriot on 15:20 - Sep 24 with 1434 viewsVic

Wouldn't want him in our starting lineup over Garner, Didz or Waghorn though - would you?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024