Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. 13:26 - Aug 14 with 3510 viewstheblueginger

Apparently looks way out of his depth, which is interesting as i thought he would be a good signing, hence why i wanted him here.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1/3548922/ShowPost.asp
Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:27 - Aug 14 with 3479 viewsDyland

Are they impressed with their possession stats though?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:28 - Aug 14 with 3455 viewsRegencyBlue

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:27 - Aug 14 by Dyland

At least they participated!
Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:28 - Aug 14 with 3461 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah but they'll be comparing him with Van Wolfswinkel don't forget.

Oh.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:29 - Aug 14 with 3457 viewsSteve_M

He'll be a good signing for them still I suspect, although the only real question mark was whether he will score enough goals.

It's bizarre the number of attacking midfielders they've stockpiled over the last few years without trying to get a decent striker in.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:30 - Aug 14 with 3441 viewstheblueginger

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:27 - Aug 14 by Dyland

This is a good one. 3 games in with wholesale changes.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3548770/ShowPost.aspx
Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:31 - Aug 14 with 3413 viewsReuser_is_God

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:29 - Aug 14 by Steve_M

He'll be a good signing for them still I suspect, although the only real question mark was whether he will score enough goals.

It's bizarre the number of attacking midfielders they've stockpiled over the last few years without trying to get a decent striker in.

Jerome?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:32 - Aug 14 with 3383 viewsDyland

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:30 - Aug 14 by theblueginger

This is a good one. 3 games in with wholesale changes.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3548770/ShowPost.aspx

Very good.

Though Stam eventually got Reading players to understand how he wanted them to play. A long way to go innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:34 - Aug 14 with 3363 views524hudson

odd, had the unfortunate situation of going to a preseason game at Norwich and thought he played really well. Has a real quality about him and ran the game.

"More knowledge is passed by the reading of books than at times the spoken word" Some pissed chap at my local.

Login to get fewer ads

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:38 - Aug 14 with 3312 viewsSteve_M

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:31 - Aug 14 by Reuser_is_God

Jerome?

I do like Jerome but they only have him though and, for all the good goals he scores, he does miss some sitters. He seems to have become a little less effective too, don't know if it's age or injuries.

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:39 - Aug 14 with 3298 viewstheblueginger

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:32 - Aug 14 by Dyland

Very good.

Though Stam eventually got Reading players to understand how he wanted them to play. A long way to go innit.

It is, but there seems to be a somewhat strange sense of urgency up there. Also with Reading it was more the style of play needing time to get going. Noz fans seem to be more concerned about the personnel not being up to the required standard to play it.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 13:40]
Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:45 - Aug 14 with 3242 viewsRegencyBlue

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:34 - Aug 14 by 524hudson

odd, had the unfortunate situation of going to a preseason game at Norwich and thought he played really well. Has a real quality about him and ran the game.

Realistically I suspect its a case of there having been quite a few changes in the team and he will improve with time. I certainly wouldn't have minded him here.

Generally it will be interesting to see how the attempt to copy the Huddersfield model goes up the A140. Personally I would be surprised if it works twice but time will tell. The main problem for the manager will be with the Budgies sense of entitlement so he's not going to get an awful lot of time to show what he's got!
They have Oliviera too..... on 13:45 - Aug 14 with 3233 viewsBloots

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:38 - Aug 14 by Steve_M

I do like Jerome but they only have him though and, for all the good goals he scores, he does miss some sitters. He seems to have become a little less effective too, don't know if it's age or injuries.

....but he appears to have already fallen out with Herr Flick.

They've been waving the pitchforks since he was benched.

Be interesting if he stays or not.

Could be their "Murphy" moment.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

They have Oliviera too..... on 13:54 - Aug 14 with 3173 views524hudson

They have Oliviera too..... on 13:45 - Aug 14 by Bloots

....but he appears to have already fallen out with Herr Flick.

They've been waving the pitchforks since he was benched.

Be interesting if he stays or not.

Could be their "Murphy" moment.

from what i could see they essentially spent 90 min passing the ball around their own half achieving nothing. no real threat, I was quite surprised. James Maddison and Harrison Reed stood out, looked a real handful. Russel martin looked so bad it was quite unreal.

"More knowledge is passed by the reading of books than at times the spoken word" Some pissed chap at my local.

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 13:56 - Aug 14 with 3139 viewsBLUEBEAT

lack of competition has made him a little complacent, I assume.

I still rate him, though.

Poll: W or W

They have Oliviera too..... on 13:59 - Aug 14 with 3117 viewstheblueginger

They have Oliviera too..... on 13:54 - Aug 14 by 524hudson

from what i could see they essentially spent 90 min passing the ball around their own half achieving nothing. no real threat, I was quite surprised. James Maddison and Harrison Reed stood out, looked a real handful. Russel martin looked so bad it was quite unreal.

Maddison looks a talent, granted. James Husband, Naismith, Martin and one of the German CB's looked dire though.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 14:20]
Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 14:04 - Aug 14 with 3068 viewsSuperfrans

They have signed plenty of strikers, but have just turned rubbish as soon as they have turned up there. It is odd. Apart from Holt, nobody has done the business, despite looking good before they got there and (in some cases) resurged again when they've left.

Wlbraham, Vaughan, Wolfswinkel, Grabban, Becchio, Hooper, Lafferty, Bamford, Morison, Jackson. Even Harry Kane went there and looked rubbish, by all accounts.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 14:09 - Aug 14 with 3013 viewsCoco

Who actually signed him there? Seems odd that Farke would've known him.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 14:14 - Aug 14 with 2972 viewsSteve_M

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 14:04 - Aug 14 by Superfrans

They have signed plenty of strikers, but have just turned rubbish as soon as they have turned up there. It is odd. Apart from Holt, nobody has done the business, despite looking good before they got there and (in some cases) resurged again when they've left.

Wlbraham, Vaughan, Wolfswinkel, Grabban, Becchio, Hooper, Lafferty, Bamford, Morison, Jackson. Even Harry Kane went there and looked rubbish, by all accounts.

I was trying to recall who they had the last time they went up, Lafferty and Hooper were third and fourth choices weren't they? They are an awful lot lighter now, cutting costs where they can.

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 14:31 - Aug 14 with 2912 viewsHarryfromBath

Bath City fans have been bemused by Watkins's success playing up front. They are pretty adamant that he was more naturally effective out wide in his time at Twerton Park, as he both had and needed extra space in which to operate.

Not that I care, really. I am still nervous that this season is quite treacherous with a large number of teams in the division who can damage each other. The consolation, though, is that it's not just treacherous for us. Norwich may have left themselves no recovery room for manoeuvre if their gamble backfires.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 14:38 - Aug 14 with 2861 viewsSteve_M

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 14:31 - Aug 14 by HarryfromBath

Bath City fans have been bemused by Watkins's success playing up front. They are pretty adamant that he was more naturally effective out wide in his time at Twerton Park, as he both had and needed extra space in which to operate.

Not that I care, really. I am still nervous that this season is quite treacherous with a large number of teams in the division who can damage each other. The consolation, though, is that it's not just treacherous for us. Norwich may have left themselves no recovery room for manoeuvre if their gamble backfires.

I'm looking forward to when they have a really bad defeat and you do one of your impromptu post-match reviews. The Man City one a few years back was a great joy to read.

Noz fans not impressed with Watkins. on 15:39 - Aug 14 with 2604 viewsLightningboy

Just think if we'd signed him we probably wouldn't have snapped up Waghorn.

We definitley got the better player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024