Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why I am happy with Waghorn coming in.. 12:59 - Aug 7 with 2650 viewsTheBlueBarca

I don't think I have been this optimistic about new signings since we managed to get Pittman and Fraser in from newly promoted Bournemouth , which I assumed (wrongly) would be players that would help us at least make the Playoffs again the next season but as we know Fraser got injured, Ainsley Niles wasn't that good and for some reason we released the likes of Ando to bring in non-players like Giles Coke.. anyway that's by the by, the point is Waghorn has given me some more optimism in what I thought would be a hard thought campaign trying to avoid the drop.

The logic behind the signing is flawless, he's someone with experience at this level that's already played alongside Garner. Neither have been prolific in the Championship, and neither were top scorers at the top level in Scotland either BUT Garner seems to have come here with a new pair of legs, easily our best player during the pre-season and scoring on Saturday so confidence will be running high with him and now Waghorn is being given another chance to perform at this level with Ipswich.

My only negative from Saturday aside from seeing Dozzell in what could potentially be a career ending injury was, just who are we going to partner Garner with? Sears for me has lost it, we needed someone else and Didz you are lucky to get a full season from. Waghorn hopefully is that solution.

Well done to the manager and the club for making this one happen. Hopefully we won't lose 3-1 to Luton and the negativity won't creep back in, but this is Evans era Ipswich after all, we should expect the worse!

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Why I am happy with Waghorn coming in.. on 13:02 - Aug 7 with 2606 viewsIllinoisblue

It does seem we finally have genuine competition for places throughout the squad, and not just a bunch of filler making up the numbers

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why I am happy with Waghorn coming in.. on 13:05 - Aug 7 with 2554 viewsFtnfwest

fingers crossed. He's not in Pitman's class but he's an entirely different type of player and more likely to defend as well which will be needed at times!
Why I am happy with Waghorn coming in.. on 13:06 - Aug 7 with 2538 viewsTheBlueBarca

Why I am happy with Waghorn coming in.. on 13:02 - Aug 7 by Illinoisblue

It does seem we finally have genuine competition for places throughout the squad, and not just a bunch of filler making up the numbers

We're still a bit thin in some areas though. We have a lot of Midfield options but in terms of solid CB's we have Webster who I am still not convinced by and Smith who was never the best and Chambers who's always prone to a gaffe or two. I would like us to sign a solid centre half now, someone natural to that position who's going to play 40 odd games uninjured ... maybe I am being picky?

Why I am happy with Waghorn coming in.. on 13:11 - Aug 7 with 2494 viewsIllinoisblue

Why I am happy with Waghorn coming in.. on 13:06 - Aug 7 by TheBlueBarca

We're still a bit thin in some areas though. We have a lot of Midfield options but in terms of solid CB's we have Webster who I am still not convinced by and Smith who was never the best and Chambers who's always prone to a gaffe or two. I would like us to sign a solid centre half now, someone natural to that position who's going to play 40 odd games uninjured ... maybe I am being picky?

A bit picky yes! Don't know of any championship defences that don't have a mistake in them

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why I am happy with Waghorn coming in.. on 13:15 - Aug 7 with 2442 viewsITFC_Forever

Garner and Horny only played together 4 times for Rangers last season.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Why I am happy with Waghorn coming in.. on 13:20 - Aug 7 with 2407 viewsFenboyBlue

Why I am happy with Waghorn coming in.. on 13:15 - Aug 7 by ITFC_Forever

Is there a tune for Waghorn yet ?
If not then you've hit it there.

Wag-horny, horny, horny horny

Or is it a bit too wordy ?
Why I am happy with Waghorn coming in.. on 13:25 - Aug 7 with 2368 viewsITFC_Forever

Why I am happy with Waghorn coming in.. on 13:20 - Aug 7 by FenboyBlue

Not sure our fans will grasp the lyrics.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Why I am happy with Waghorn coming in.. on 15:45 - Aug 7 with 2091 viewsTheBlueBarca

Why I am happy with Waghorn coming in.. on 13:15 - Aug 7 by ITFC_Forever

They would have worked together extensively in training and will know each other's roles. That's what pros do. They're expecting to learn about and work alongside everyone they have to play with in a squad, even at a big club like Rangers where there's loads of options.

It's good that they have knowledge of each other already and I expect Mick will have asked Garner about how he works with him before he signed, if Garner had said they don't play well together or don't get on he'd never have been signed.

It's smart.

Login to get fewer ads

Why I am happy with Waghorn coming in.. on 15:51 - Aug 7 with 2060 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why I am happy with Waghorn coming in.. on 13:20 - Aug 7 by FenboyBlue

Martyn Waghorn 1million by The_Romford_Blue 7 Aug 2017 1:31
Ohhh Martyn's Waghorns magic
He wears a magic hat
He used to play for Rangers, but he said no f*ck that
He followed Joey Garner, to wear the white and blue
And when we win the Chanpionship we'll sing this song for you

[grin]

Page 2
[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 15:52]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024