Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has ME really backed MM this summer? 07:28 - Jul 14 with 3396 viewschristiand

I'd be really interested to see what many of you out there think. Personally, the more I think about it the more I'm not entirely convinced. The spending has been extremely modest. Thoughts?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 07:36 - Jul 14 with 3366 viewshowdonblue

Jury is out I think !

He needs to back MM with real money for a new centre forward!

But I don't think that will be happening!

Loaning others cast offs again
Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 07:39 - Jul 14 with 3359 viewshomer_123

Well, the short answer is yes.

Have we moved back to the levels of spending we saw with Magic and Keane, no, but that isn't a surprise. But I would certainly suggest that the purse strings have been loosened and to a fair degree as well.

I don't think the transfer business for us is complete yet either. I can see 2 or 3 more new faces before the close of the window.

Personally, I feel that MM has always had the backing of ME - in fact I would go as far as to say that ME appears to be less trigger happy with his management style than many other owners/ chairman - so that backing comes in many forms and guises.

So, in answer to your question, yes - he's being backed this summer and I would offer more than, say, last summer.

The caveat being that we are still where we are - so the question of real progress remains.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2017 7:41]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 07:41 - Jul 14 with 3349 viewsfergalsharkey

The happy clappers seem to think we now have a squad capable of winnin the league when in fact we have a striker who struggled against Arbroath and a midfielder who failed at scum brum and Cardiff.

Huws we had already just now he won't be playing for a contract .

I fail to see the excitement .

Poll: Cook out?

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 07:49 - Jul 14 with 3318 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 07:41 - Jul 14 by fergalsharkey

The happy clappers seem to think we now have a squad capable of winnin the league when in fact we have a striker who struggled against Arbroath and a midfielder who failed at scum brum and Cardiff.

Huws we had already just now he won't be playing for a contract .

I fail to see the excitement .

Agree on this. 14 players out and 4 in. We've certainly slimmed down a already very small (for Championship) squad. Plus money for Benyu and Pittman. We've hardly been free spending.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 07:52 - Jul 14 with 3300 viewsHerbivore

I think this thread is proof positive of what a bunch of entitled, whiny numpties we have as fans these days (not all, but a good proportion thereof).

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 08:11 - Jul 14 with 3246 viewschristiand

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 07:52 - Jul 14 by Herbivore

I think this thread is proof positive of what a bunch of entitled, whiny numpties we have as fans these days (not all, but a good proportion thereof).

The point of a forum is putting up threads that encourage discussion Herbivore. This topic has certainly been an issue at the club over the last two seasons, if not longer. It is interesting to see what others think about the subject, that even includes you!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 08:15 - Jul 14 with 3235 viewsitfcjoe

He's definitely backed him more than in previous years - the squad was short and h'es gone out and brought in players coming into, or in, their prime who have lots of games at this level.

He could always do more, but the last couple of years under investment have caught up with us so he's just trying to get squad back up to a more competitive level. Still a few bodies short currently

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 08:21 - Jul 14 with 3210 viewsReuser_is_God

He has certainly backed him up until the point we sell Bart late August & don't replace him.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 08:29 - Jul 14 with 3179 viewsCoastalblue

Too early to say yet

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 08:32 - Jul 14 with 3170 viewsSteve_M

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 08:15 - Jul 14 by itfcjoe

He's definitely backed him more than in previous years - the squad was short and h'es gone out and brought in players coming into, or in, their prime who have lots of games at this level.

He could always do more, but the last couple of years under investment have caught up with us so he's just trying to get squad back up to a more competitive level. Still a few bodies short currently

Another couple of players of the same level this Summer would be excellent, more realistically a versatile, experienced player on a short-term contract and another loanee would be about right.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 08:41 - Jul 14 with 3146 viewsketton_itfc

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 08:32 - Jul 14 by Steve_M

Another couple of players of the same level this Summer would be excellent, more realistically a versatile, experienced player on a short-term contract and another loanee would be about right.

Experienced Championship players with room for improvement - I like the players who have come in and feel we will be far more competitive this year - at least in battling teams from the front. Whether we have enough to make any real challenge on the top 10 remains to be seen but I've got a feeling we may surprise everyone. Ok maybe wishful thinking but think MM has a point to prove.
Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 08:42 - Jul 14 with 3140 viewschicoazul

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 08:32 - Jul 14 by Steve_M

Well looks like Shaun Cumming is joining so you're half right so far!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 12:34 - Jul 14 with 3030 viewsGiveusaWave

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 08:42 - Jul 14 by chicoazul

Well looks like Shaun Cumming is joining so you're half right so far!

We seem to be going for quality over quantity this year. It's a risky strategy as we are really relying on our squad to stay injury free. We have lost a lot of players, but many of them were not anywhere near Championship standard, so some not a great loss.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 12:40 - Jul 14 with 3005 viewsSteve_M

Has ME really backed MM this summer? on 08:41 - Jul 14 by ketton_itfc

Experienced Championship players with room for improvement - I like the players who have come in and feel we will be far more competitive this year - at least in battling teams from the front. Whether we have enough to make any real challenge on the top 10 remains to be seen but I've got a feeling we may surprise everyone. Ok maybe wishful thinking but think MM has a point to prove.

It'snot only MM with a bit of a point to prove but Garner, after a disappointing season, and Huws, whose career has stalled in recent years, definitely do too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024