Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The result is actually quite good. 10:06 - Jun 9 with 10694 viewsLord_Lucan

Torys will have to think hard about their far right policies and we don't have the cataclysmic outcome of a Labour government. Also TM might resign leaving Boris to pick up the crown. In many ways it is a strong and stable outcome.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The result is actually quite good. on 12:15 - Jun 9 with 1329 viewsAaron_Spelling

Just a small point ... how cataclysmic would a Labour government need to be to eclipse the Conservatives of the past few years?

For a country, that is not suffering the effects of a global recession it's been a horror show of self-sabotage. I hope you're right about a wake-up call but fear this is going to get worse until it gets better as we limp into the Brexit negotiations.

And Boris becoming PM would be going from the sub-par to the ridiculous.
The result is actually quite good. on 12:18 - Jun 9 with 1315 viewsconnorscontract

It won't be Boris. Justine Greening made a very subtle move to position herself centre stage in the small hours this morning. Said just enough to not be disloyal, whilst also giving a "questions must be asked" take home message.
The result is actually quite good. on 12:18 - Jun 9 with 1308 viewslowhouseblue

The result is actually quite good. on 10:27 - Jun 9 by itfcjoe

Think it is also a real sign that Hard Brexit isn't what the people want - that's very important for me as I think that would be a disaster.

it's just possible that ukip and the brexit vote were never really about brexit. they were a more generalised protest vote about the status quo. people wanted to kick something and they kicked the eu. otherwise it's hard to explain the complete incoherence with which views about brexit have been expressed by voters in this election.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The result is actually quite good. on 12:22 - Jun 9 with 1302 viewsLord_Lucan

The result is actually quite good. on 12:15 - Jun 9 by Aaron_Spelling

Just a small point ... how cataclysmic would a Labour government need to be to eclipse the Conservatives of the past few years?

For a country, that is not suffering the effects of a global recession it's been a horror show of self-sabotage. I hope you're right about a wake-up call but fear this is going to get worse until it gets better as we limp into the Brexit negotiations.

And Boris becoming PM would be going from the sub-par to the ridiculous.

I can't see how we will ever be able to achieve Brexit in the time frame - so there must be hope.

Don't know why everyone is so down on Boris, it would be a roller coaster.

I'm quite warming to Jacob Rees Mogg but I don't think he has a hope in hell. I can't see TM surviving though and another election next year is on the cards.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

The result is actually quite good. on 12:24 - Jun 9 with 1291 viewshype313

The result is actually quite good. on 12:22 - Jun 9 by Lord_Lucan

I can't see how we will ever be able to achieve Brexit in the time frame - so there must be hope.

Don't know why everyone is so down on Boris, it would be a roller coaster.

I'm quite warming to Jacob Rees Mogg but I don't think he has a hope in hell. I can't see TM surviving though and another election next year is on the cards.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The result is actually quite good. on 12:25 - Jun 9 with 1288 viewsLord_Lucan

The result is actually quite good. on 12:24 - Jun 9 by hype313

Ha ha

Love it.

The result is actually quite good. on 15:01 - Jun 9 with 1249 viewscaught-in-limbo

The result is actually quite good. on 12:14 - Jun 9 by ElderGrizzly

So your 'belief', not based on fact?

The SAS operate in many places around the world, where we officially aren't operating of course. That doesn't answer the question of why May wanted the election (apart from selfish reasons). I don't believe it was about Brexit, but it wasn't about Syria.

So, to conclude, and following your scenario, if we are already there why bother with the election?

My belief has been reinforced by present and past realities, or facts if you like.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

The result is actually quite good. on 15:28 - Jun 9 with 1240 viewsElderGrizzly

The result is actually quite good. on 15:01 - Jun 9 by caught-in-limbo

My belief has been reinforced by present and past realities, or facts if you like.

Ah, those type of facts. Got ya....
Login to get fewer ads

The result is actually quite good. on 15:39 - Jun 9 with 1226 viewscaught-in-limbo

The result is actually quite good. on 15:28 - Jun 9 by ElderGrizzly

Ah, those type of facts. Got ya....

Yep, the factual kind.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

The result is actually quite good. on 15:41 - Jun 9 with 1223 viewsLuk38644

The result is actually quite good. on 10:27 - Jun 9 by itfcjoe

Think it is also a real sign that Hard Brexit isn't what the people want - that's very important for me as I think that would be a disaster.

Gina Miller just suggested as much on BBC News.

I'm trying to remain impartial but I don't see how this vote supposedly represents a 'rejection' of hard brexit, yet it was claimed the Leave vote didn't represent a demand for a hard brexit? Surely it's either they both represent public demand or neither do?

In reality, people voted for Brexit, not a 'hard' or 'soft' Brexit, and for most people, the main principles of the EU were the main reasons they voted to leave and we won't abandon those principles unless we leave the single market.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024