Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clear that McCarthy is staying 11:47 - May 10 with 4589 viewslegal_blue

He's making the decisions on the squad departures, presumably on the basis of future acquisitions. He couldn't do either without Marcus Evans' blessing.

The only questions are: 1) are we in for a repeat of meagre additions, with one or two star loanees from the PL; or 2) is Evans going to give McCarthy the funds to truly support a promotion push?

We know Evans has just made a packet from selling some of his media interests. We also know that he could afford to fund the club beyond the £6m or so p.a. he puts in.

Only a fool repeats the same actions, hoping for a different result, yet that's been Evans' approach for years now.
Hmmmmm..... on 13:36 - May 10 with 1014 viewsBloots

Clear that McCarthy is staying on 13:29 - May 10 by PrideOfTheEast

You're comparing the percentage of a fans annual income to the price of a season ticket and then the percentage of ME's annual contribution to ITFC to his total wealth. That is not comparing like for like is it.

....that's stumped him.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Clear that McCarthy is staying on 13:38 - May 10 with 1009 viewsitfcjoe

Clear that McCarthy is staying on 13:26 - May 10 by TJS

Sorry but I don't see how you think this is so far out.
If his net worth is 765m and he is putting 6m a year into the club that is 0.78%
A £450 season ticket for someone on a salary of £25,000 (say £19,000 net) would be 2.4%

What is that £450 against that persons net worth though?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Clear that McCarthy is staying on 13:40 - May 10 with 994 viewsVic

I don't think Mick would stay here unless he knew things are going to be different in terms of financial clout this summer. He's said quite bluntly that niether he now Evans are happy with this season and that things must change; if they both stay then the only thing that will make any difference is the recruitment policy. So I think ME knows he has to put some more into the club.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Clear that McCarthy is staying on 13:40 - May 10 with 995 viewsTJS

Clear that McCarthy is staying on 13:29 - May 10 by PrideOfTheEast

You're comparing the percentage of a fans annual income to the price of a season ticket and then the percentage of ME's annual contribution to ITFC to his total wealth. That is not comparing like for like is it.

OK I take your point - every supporter's personal wealth would be different but I worked out mine and my annual contribution is still higher in % terms.
And I haven't got 100s of millions still left over !
Not saying he should be paying stupid money in but he could be putting in 10m a year so we have some sort of transfer budget.
Clear that McCarthy is staying on 13:45 - May 10 with 983 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Clear that McCarthy is staying on 13:40 - May 10 by TJS

OK I take your point - every supporter's personal wealth would be different but I worked out mine and my annual contribution is still higher in % terms.
Not saying he should be paying stupid money in but he could be putting in 10m a year so we have some sort of transfer budget.

Perhaps Evans' perspective is that he's put a fortune in already, and increasing his already large annual contribution is difficult to justify. Clearly something needs to change re the size of an owners investment (Evans or otherwise) if we are to progress.
Do you live in a shed and..... on 13:59 - May 10 with 963 viewsBloots

....ride a bicycle?

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Clear that McCarthy is staying on 14:01 - May 10 with 959 viewsElderGrizzly

You appear to be mixing up salary and net worth?

Evans can't lay his hands on £750m in cash to fund us. That's a point a lot appear to be missing?
Clear that McCarthy is staying on 14:07 - May 10 with 949 viewsdalianwasexciting

Clear that McCarthy is staying on 14:01 - May 10 by ElderGrizzly

You appear to be mixing up salary and net worth?

Evans can't lay his hands on £750m in cash to fund us. That's a point a lot appear to be missing?

But presumably he has merely underwritten the debt, increased it with interest and will only call it in, in real cash terms if and when he sells up. Or decides to pull the plug - whichever comes soonest.

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Clear that McCarthy is staying on 14:45 - May 10 with 934 viewsFreddy

Clear that McCarthy is staying on 11:51 - May 10 by DoobDude

This summer, every time someone mention "£6m or so", I will point them towards the latest accounts where it shows he has funded the club half a million pounds over the past 2 seasons.

The rest was funded by Cresswell, Mings and Murphy.

My thoughts entirely
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024