Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Director of Football 14:04 - Mar 8 with 1508 viewsSam751

There are a lot of people talking Mick McCarthy leaving in the summer and who would be the ideal replacement. I'm all for Mick moving on but the worry is the hole he leaves in terms of football knowledge.
Evans and Milne don't seem to have much idea between them and it appears Mick is pretty well left to run the football side of things. For me a Director of Football would be as important an appointment as the next new manager.
I don't think it will happen as it is another mouth to feed and Evans won't want to spend more money but a Joe Royle type to sit and run the football side of the club would really be of benefit.
It would allow a younger coach to come in and look after the first team whilst the Director of Football could oversee the rest. It would help link the first team to the academy and would also give a younger coach a bit of guidance as needed. It would also take away the situation we currently have that when Mick goes we start again from scratch.
Director of Football on 14:07 - Mar 8 with 1484 viewsPinewoodblue

We already have a Director of Football.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Director of Football on 14:10 - Mar 8 with 1464 viewsSWGF

Director of Football on 14:07 - Mar 8 by Pinewoodblue

That's a bit of a false title though, isn't it?

More of a Chief (sole) Scout isn't he?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Director of Football on 14:12 - Mar 8 with 1455 viewsitfcjoe

Not in a true sense - the DoF reports into Mick and is one of his men, who would follow Mick you'd presume

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Director of Football on 14:15 - Mar 8 with 1437 viewsKieran_Knows

Director of Football on 14:12 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

Not in a true sense - the DoF reports into Mick and is one of his men, who would follow Mick you'd presume

Somebody else Evans would have to give out some compo to should he decide to sack Mick, along with TC as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Director of Football on 14:17 - Mar 8 with 1422 viewsPinewoodblue

Director of Football on 14:12 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

True but the Job title of Manager's Buddy didn't sit well with Marcus

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Director of Football on 14:18 - Mar 8 with 1413 viewsitfcjoe

Director of Football on 14:17 - Mar 8 by Pinewoodblue

True but the Job title of Manager's Buddy didn't sit well with Marcus

I think it was more that we made our Chief Scout redundant so couldn't appoint someone else with that job title....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Director of Football on 14:20 - Mar 8 with 1403 viewsGunnsAirkick

Dave Bowman, I'd say he will likely leave if Mick does?
Director of Football on 14:34 - Mar 8 with 1357 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Director of Football on 14:20 - Mar 8 by GunnsAirkick

Dave Bowman, I'd say he will likely leave if Mick does?

Not sure he's a true DoF more a chief scout and yep he will go if Mick does.
Login to get fewer ads

Director of Football on 17:58 - Mar 8 with 1187 viewsPlums

I've been saying for a while, Martin Jol would be an ideal DoF. We should define make a long term appointment to that role and he should select the next manager to deliver his strategy.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Director of Football on 18:49 - Mar 8 with 1141 viewsCoco

Said this a million times and George Burley is tailor-made for that role at our club. knows the history, would set the perfect philosophy from grass roots up, values youth and can spot a player. He would relish mentoring a younger man but still give him freedom, that younger man could even be a certain Kieron Dyer.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Director of Football on 08:06 - Mar 9 with 1007 viewsSwn98

Director of Football on 18:49 - Mar 8 by Coco

Said this a million times and George Burley is tailor-made for that role at our club. knows the history, would set the perfect philosophy from grass roots up, values youth and can spot a player. He would relish mentoring a younger man but still give him freedom, that younger man could even be a certain Kieron Dyer.

Not a bad idea.
Director of Football on 08:23 - Mar 9 with 981 viewsTractorWood

Director of Football on 18:49 - Mar 8 by Coco

Other than sentimentality what evidence do you have to support Dyer as a potential manager in the championship?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024