Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a thought 14:52 - Feb 3 with 1112 viewsbariotneblue

And apologies if it has already been mentioned on here, but do you think the demise of our team this season is down to the clamp down on physicality in the box? Knudsen's act of stupidity at Reading summing that up. Even more reason to get in a manager with forward thinking rather than having one who is renowned for physicality.
Nah, we're just crap. (n/t) on 14:52 - Feb 3 with 1091 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Nah, we're just crap. (n/t) on 14:52 - Feb 3 with 1092 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Nah, we're just crap. (n/t) on 14:53 - Feb 3 with 1077 viewsbariotneblue

Nah, we're just crap. (n/t) on 14:52 - Feb 3 by Bloots

Yeah, well that as well.
Just a thought on 14:54 - Feb 3 with 1081 viewsSteve_M

No.

We don't have the same energy and assertiveness in closing players down that we did two seasons ago. Add to that the lack of a forward capable of holding up the ball, or even occupying defenders properly, and it's no wonder we struggle at times.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Just a thought on 14:57 - Feb 3 with 1056 viewsrickw

Just a thought on 14:54 - Feb 3 by Steve_M

No.

We don't have the same energy and assertiveness in closing players down that we did two seasons ago. Add to that the lack of a forward capable of holding up the ball, or even occupying defenders properly, and it's no wonder we struggle at times.

Exactly right, plus I still don't think they should have had a penalty against Knudsen last time - their player ran straight through him and he perhaps was naive enough to hold on as he fell down

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Just a thought on 15:07 - Feb 3 with 1032 viewsDarth_Koont

It's 90% confidence for me. And maybe that's why we've made rash challenges rather than we're an inherently physical team.

Although maybe the new laws have somehow contributed to Berra's own lack of confidence as he's always been the player who played just far enough but not too far over the line to cause a disciplinary problem.

We'll have to compare once the confidence somehow comes back.

BTW now that you're here, I've always wondered about your user name. Are you a fan of Italian football, a singer with fat fingers or is your real name Barry Otney? It's keeping me awake at night.

Pronouns: He/Him

Just a thought on 20:00 - Feb 3 with 890 viewsbariotneblue

Just a thought on 15:07 - Feb 3 by Darth_Koont

It's 90% confidence for me. And maybe that's why we've made rash challenges rather than we're an inherently physical team.

Although maybe the new laws have somehow contributed to Berra's own lack of confidence as he's always been the player who played just far enough but not too far over the line to cause a disciplinary problem.

We'll have to compare once the confidence somehow comes back.

BTW now that you're here, I've always wondered about your user name. Are you a fan of Italian football, a singer with fat fingers or is your real name Barry Otney? It's keeping me awake at night.

Singer with fat fingers I'm afraid. Had this username for quite while but never bothered to change it.
Just a thought on 20:02 - Feb 3 with 875 viewsDeano69

Not being able to keep the ball in the opposing half for more than two passes isn't helping either.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Just a thought on 20:36 - Feb 3 with 827 viewsbrogansnose

This thing about Micks sided being physical and thug like is a myth. We,ve all seen sides who are much more like that than us and you would think that this would be indicated by the fair play / yellow red card table, which its not. Quite frankly we haven't been physical enough letting players roam around before closing them down letting them get a shot off. No way would Allan Hunter have let Ince have the freedom that he had Tuesday night.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024